[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smart Watches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: pebble_steel_black_metal_band.jpg (173 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
pebble_steel_black_metal_band.jpg
173 KB, 1200x900
I'm looking to upgrade my smartwatch. I've currently got the pebble steel, but I'm curious as the what /g/ thinks? Does pebble have a decent reputation around here or are apple and samsung the way to go?
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 718x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 718x480
What about the Asus Zenwatch 2?
>>
>>51758288
Haven't heard of it. I'll look into it
>>
>>51758136
I have a Pebble Time, and, while I love the functionality and battery time ( 5-7 days), The plastic bezel gets scratched so easily. Spring for the Time Steel.

>tfw I can't follow my own advice because my girlfriend bought me the Time in August and she'd be anally assaulted if I bought something different so quickly
>>
>>51758349
Ugh I feel you. I never liked how the plastic looked sort of spacemanny. That's sort of what kept me away from the Apple watch.
>>
>>51758136
I love pebble.

It seems to me that they are the only company who considers the function and goals of a smartwatch *before* getting into the tech specs.

IMO a high-dpi touchscreen just screams spec-war.
Just look at the - by now established - digital watch industry. Nobody's into shit like resolution at all. Name of the game is durability and clarity.
>>
what do you guys use these for except for time/date display?
>>
What's the actual fucking point of a smart watch like what does it do for you besides tell you you need to take your phone out of your pocket to answer it?
>>
Huawei memewatches are nice and don't look autistic. Get 2 days of battery with it
>>
>>51759492
They're useful in situations where I can't check my phone. I'm constantly around guests and there's a no phone policy, but emails are always pouring in.

I need to be able to see what's worth excusing myself from the floor to answer. Plus the ability to quickly respond to a friend's text with a "At work" is really helpful. Otherwise I end up forgetting to respond.

Music controls and directions on my wrist are nice since I live in the city, but that's all gravy.

Don't look at it like a necessary purchase for everyone. If you wear a watch it's nice to have one that gives you a little extra. It's not sometging that will enhance your life greatly.
>>
>>51759471
to be a living meme
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.