[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apple General, iPhone, Macbook, iMac
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: 1298609820699.jpg (15 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1298609820699.jpg
15 KB, 250x250
Hello /g/entlemen - I have questions for you all.

Why is Apple so popular?
Would you buy it if you could afford it?
If not, why not?
>>
>>51751538
I can afford it and I have bought it. It's popular because it's usually good quality in both hardware and software.

Sent from my iPhone™ 6S™
>>
>>51751538
I bought a much better pc in the same price range. Because I care more about my tech than I do about my social position.
>>
>>51753106
>much better
not even remotely true if it isn't a XPS 15 nor a Surface Book.
>>
>>51753165
Sure thing Shill, there are only 2 models better than Apple
>>
>why is Apple so popular
because it's decent enough to be called 'good'
because its design is actually well done
because it's cheap enough to be affordable by the common man
because it's expensive enough to call 'exclusive'
because they created a cult of professionalism

>would you buy it if you could afford it?
the new 5k screens look pretty decent, but no, I'd rather buy a car with that money.
they have cool stuff, but there are always better ways to spend my money
>>
>>51753209
ahhh so u admit applel is top-qual. see now we're getting somewhere. deep down under all that buttfrustration..
>>
>>51753209
>uses a Thinkpad T440p
>is an Apple shill

wew lad
>>
>>51753228
Apple is not top-qual it's overpriced qual. With a positive social stigma attached to it.
But still I'm not saying you shouldn't buy it. Just know there are more superior devices out there in the same price range. If you can't afford an apple you cant aford a good PC. You may however still be able to buy a decent one.
>>
I can afford
Sent from my 6 Plus
>>
>>51751538
>Why is Apple so popular?
probably because they look so damn good, both inside and out

not all people use their computers and phones to do advanced shit or care about customizing more than their wallpaper

for 90 % of people it just works. pretty sure they have a longer lifespan than PCs as well for the average user

the exterior in the macbooks are vastly superior their PC counterparts, the keyboard is the most comfortable and their touchpad is the best. and now with the retina screens they dominate here as well. also battery life is great.

also, you know exactly what you get

>Would you buy it if you could afford it?

would and I have, I'm on my macbook pro mid 2011 hooked up to a normal keyboard and mouse and a 24" Philips screen right now. loving it. I have literally no reason to buy a PC again

I like my iphone but not sure if it was entirely worth the price. I basically just want an iphone the same size as the 4 but newer and faster

all in all, the only issue I ever had with apple products was the Finder file handler for OS X and ever since Windows 8 and 10 I'd rather have this than that fucking microsoft garbage shit

atleast apple can be bothered to develop seperate OS' for their tablets and computers
>>
I think Apple is only considered good because they put more effort into their product than most other brands. Other brands make crappy plastic laptops which can have unpredictable quality for consumer compare to Apple's which is reliably mediocre. Plus Apple products have a lot of gimmicks which are popular with the normies.
>>
What an epic bread
>>
> Why is Apple so popular
Because their products are far superior to the others. It's that simple. Just compare OS X to Windows.

But keep believing it's just because of marketing (as if others didn't run ads) or "social status" (as if others didn't have products in the same price range) if that helps you sleep better at night.
>>
File: 1299183004108.jpg (32 KB, 177x177) Image search: [Google]
1299183004108.jpg
32 KB, 177x177
>turn phone on side on homescreen
>icons shift
fucking brilliant
>>
>>51753733
>Because their products are far superior to the others
Do you even read the specs when buying a PC or is a nice logo all you need?
"Social status" has little to do with price range, you fucktard. It's about exclusivity and compliance to the rest of your peers.
>>
>>51753775
not him but if you can afford them then you have status because they are EXPENSIVE AS FUCK.
>>
Apple isn't as popular as they would like you to think.

Even if I could afford an apple product I would never buy it because:

A] The mobile devices have a low battery life
B] You have to use a glitchy and laggy 3rd party program to transfer music and videos to them
C] You can't use them as flash drives and computers cannot read your device without installing the glitchy and laggy 3rd party program
D] It's a waste of my hard earned money. Buying overpriced products is the best way to become poor quickly. Instead of buying a $1,000 iPhone, I can buy a $200-300 android device and put the rest of the money into my financial reserves. I still get a really good device that does everything an iPhone does and more.
>>
>>51753865
Just the autism, but you always have status, even when you're a hobo, you have a hobo status.

But still any good PC will cost you at least $1000
There are other decent PC's, some of wich have the same specs as an apple product for less but not much.
There are probably more hobo's using MAC then there are "filthy rich" people using that product.
>>
>>51753775
>muh specs
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Why would I want more specs in a laptop if they come with worse keyboard, much much worse trackpad, battery life and operating system? These are things that *directly* and *noticeably* affect my everyday work. Marginally better specs? Not so much, son.
>>
I can afford it but I don't want it. Apple products are not intuitive for me. Sorry I grew up with windows and so these systems are intuitive for me. Apple seems to be kinda retarded from my viewpoint. (Same as the other way around)
Besides that I also love debian and know about all the different DEs.
>>
>>51753907
forgot pic related.
>>
>>51753921
>Marginally better specs
Son, have a look at the PC's in the same price range and redefine your definition of marginally
>worse keyboard
Apple keyboard is good but surly not the best.
>battery life
Do you get your facts from advertisment?
>operating system
I don't like OS X, I'm sorry having this deviated opinion.
>>
>>51753106
Except that you're only real options now are Windows and Linux which are both utter shit
>>
>>51753989
Hackintosh, could be an option, but still I don't like OS X.
Every time I'm forced to use it I'm in the terminal within 5 minutes.
>>
>>51754011
Give me one non-autistic example of why someone would literally have to be in the terminal within five minutes.
>>
>>51754050
Because finder(or whatever Mac Explorer is ) is a piece of shit.
>>
File: 71EYC3NfqwL._SL1500_.jpg (83 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
71EYC3NfqwL._SL1500_.jpg
83 KB, 1500x1000
>>51751538
>Why is Apple so popular?
Because it appeals to the masses. See: >>51753211
>Would you buy it if you could afford it?
No.
>If not, why not?
Because I don't like their products. I don't like OS X, I don't like iOS, and I don't care about muh unibody aluminium cases. If I could afford spending 1000+ dollaridoos on a laptop, I'd get an X1 Carbon.
>>
Because I bought this.
I don't use my phone very often so I just got a cheap Samsung
>>
>>51751538
Popular because it panders to tech illiterates and tech elitists alike

If I could easily afford them I'd rather save my cash for investments and use disposable poorfag phones because they're only good for messaging, web browsing and calling. I don't need a $1k phone to do it, and all it'll do is be prime nigger bait for no actual benefit.

More expensive = better is a meme
>>
>>51754452
An iPhone isn't a bad investment though. Dinged up 6 Pluses go for over 350 pounds on eBay all day long. They were only like 500 something when they came out.
>>
>>51755857
It's still a bad investment because iphones are inferior to android phones. It's just a fact of life.
>>
>>51756366
wew lad
try again
make sure to try while lagging out
>>
File: 1449214497905.png (105 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1449214497905.png
105 KB, 512x512
>>51756381
Can your iphone act as a flash drive? Does your iPhone accept 200GB (soon 256GB) microsd cards without an adapter? Can your iPhone be customized without jailbreaking it? Can you easily replace the worn out battery of an iPhone? Can you do real multitasking where webpages don't have to reload over and over again?

Can your iPhone do all of the above while costing only $200-300 brand new without a contract?
>>
>>51756381
>Android
>laggy
>in 2015

I love this meme.
>>
>>51756473
>a load of useless shit
>>
>>51756513
*Damage control intensifies*
>>
>>51756558
Enjoy your plastic, m9.
>>
>>51756473
Apple BTFO
>>
File: to-much-salt-400x400.jpg (11 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
to-much-salt-400x400.jpg
11 KB, 400x400
>>51756566
If you were a food and someone ate you, they'd die of dehydration within minutes.
>>
>>51756473
>Can your iphone act as a flash drive?
Yeah, you just plug it in and it's a flash drive.
>Can you easily replace the worn out battery of an iPhone?
Yeah, it takes literally 4 minutes and costs like 10 dollars. (including the screwdriver)
>Can you do real multitasking where webpages don't have to reload over and over again?
Yeah, it's got plenty of RAM now.
>>
>>51756640
filtered ;^)
>>
>>51756640
You really make tripfags look bad you know.
>>
>>51753106
Which do you have?
>>
File: 1421593001258.gif (3 MB, 244x250) Image search: [Google]
1421593001258.gif
3 MB, 244x250
>>51751538
>Apple General
>General
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.