[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, /g/. First time posting here, and I'd like a little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: IMG-20151207-WA0073.jpg (136 KB, 740x828) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151207-WA0073.jpg
136 KB, 740x828
Hello, /g/. First time posting here, and I'd like a little computer help, if that's possible.

I'm as dumb as a brick when it comes to computers. Recently, I had my PC formated and my technician (not american, don't know how you guys call it) changed my OS to Windows 7.
Everything great só far, but I noticed these weird things:

1) tried to send my friend a picture over Facebook and couldn't. When I clicked the "add picture" button, chrome freezed and nothing happened.
2) tried to send and email with a file atttached. Same thing when I clicked the upload button: the box to pick the file wouldn't open.
3) thought it was the browser: Same thing with mozilla and IE.
4) tried a alarm/clock program in my computer, same thing happened when I tried to select the sound.
5) tried it on Microsoft Word: it won't "save as", the file box doesnt appear.

I'm posting this from my phone since the file box doesn't show here either and I cant post without a picture.

Any idea of what could this be? And how can K fix it?
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>51750034
You mean linux? It would solve it?
>>
Install it again without the retarded technician around to fuck things up.
>>
Bump for the bump god
>>
Might have something to do with popup windows, try using a stock program (eg. Notepad) and "save as". If that doesn't popup you could try restarting your computer.
>>
>>51750073
The problem could be wrong instalation?
If I updated it to windows 10 it could fix this shit?

Sorry, I really know very little about this subject.
>>
>>51750023
are you playing any games? if not, get linux
>>
>>51750075
Do you mean the notepad program that comes with the OS? It "saves as" correctly. I wonder why.
>>
>>51750089
Well, yes, I play some. It would be a bummer if I couldn't.
>>
>>51750040
gentoo solves all, friend. are you completely free for the next few days to compile and install it?
>>
It's too fucking weird. I click "pick file", the screen freezes, the mouse arrow indicates "loading stuff", and then nothing happens. I wanna die. (actually just send emails)
>>
>>51750128
I could do that. Would I be able to play normie games like LoL?
>>
>>51750151
of course not, silly goose! you could play the original half life or text-based games though.
>>
>>51750040
installing gentoo fixes everything
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.