[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the dumbest key on the keyboard? Why is it disabled by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: numlock.jpg (65 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
numlock.jpg
65 KB, 500x375
Is this the dumbest key on the keyboard? Why is it disabled by default? I don't think I've ever seen anyone use the numpad for the directional keys.
>>
File: Model F.jpg (102 KB, 1094x729) Image search: [Google]
Model F.jpg
102 KB, 1094x729
Someone doesn't know their keyboard history
>>
>>51748440
>Is this the dumbest key on the keyboard?
Scroll Lock is a dumber key. I've only seen it used in Excel. Also you can set the number lock to be on by default.
>>
Does Scroll Lock even do anything?
>>
>>51748471
history only explains why it existed in the first place, not why it still does. it's pointless now
>>
File: insert-keyboard-key.jpg (30 KB, 640x462) Image search: [Google]
insert-keyboard-key.jpg
30 KB, 640x462
99.9% of the time this key is used it's by accident
>>
>>51748489
In command line it does.

ITT: People born after 1993
I bet you think Insert and Pausr /Break is useless too, fag. SysRq is the only useless key.
>>
>>51748526
That shit pisses me the fuck off. I've overwritten entire lines of code cause of that shit
>>
File: fuckinguseless.jpg (301 KB, 750x644) Image search: [Google]
fuckinguseless.jpg
301 KB, 750x644
This I don't need another right click.
>>
>>51748489
When scroll lock is off and you press the arrow key, the arrow key moves the cursor. When scroll lock is on, the arrow keys move the screen.

Useful without a GUI when you have long lines of text.
>>
I have an old mechanical keyboard with a "MACRO" key in the bottom left corner.
>>
>>51748471
>ISO
>being a yurocück
>>
>>51748440
I use a 60% keyboard so I don't have any retardedly useless keys taking up space and messing with ergonomics.
>>
Waiting on a i3-4170 for a poor fag friend of mine, paring it with a 280x and some B85 mobo.
>>
>>51748633
but how are you going to rightclick with only the keyboard otherwise... it actually has a function, anon
>>
>>51748868
But why would i right click with the keyboard when i have a right click on my mouse?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.