[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recommend me a IPS 23" or larger, monitor for at maximum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 7547458468.jpg (31 KB, 790x672) Image search: [Google]
7547458468.jpg
31 KB, 790x672
Recommend me a IPS 23" or larger, monitor for at maximum of 400€ (433$)

It's for 70% watching movies/series and 30% pc gaming, so i don't want a response time too low.

Height adjustment is a big plus
>>
>>51743188
You already know your panel type, budget and response time requirements. Is it really that fucking difficult to use google? Did you really need to make a new thread for this? Just fuck off already.
>>
>>51743573
Yes it is, i don't know if i should get this 23.8” 144p - https://pcmonitors.info/benq/benq-bl2420pt-with-23-8-inch-wqhd-screen/

Or get a cheaper, larger, 27'' 1080p ( i also read you get alot of glare on this screen)

Or even other monitor i'm missing out.

Also, does 6ms affect gaming that much or is it barely noticeable?
>>
>>51743188
Why not go for Korean ips? 1080p at 27" looks terrible.

Otherwise look at dell
>>
>>51743188

X-star 2560x1440. Mine's been great for over two years now.
>>
>>51743836
>Why not go for Korean ips
Nope... i don't trust them, also i want a good tech support if i need it

>1080p at 27" looks terrible.
Does it?
And what about 23.8'' 1440p? Is the 23.8'' screen too small for 1440p?
>>
>>51743921
>X-star
I would rather go for well known brand because of this >>51743967
>Nope... i don't trust them, also i want a good tech support if i need it
>>
>>51744040
>I would rather go for well known brand because of this

Because of what? Tech support? How in the world would you need tech support?

You just need a Dual-DVI connection. If you need support for that, then you should go buy a Macbook.

Trust? How do you not trust brands with thousands of happy sales and great reputations?

How about you start getting serious about your reasoning instead of giving vague, fiction-based FUD responses?
>>
>>51744072
What if you get a bad screen? Or the screen fails after just 2 or 3 years? I care alot about after sales support.

Also, i'm not sure where i would get that korean brands in my country without having to pay for expensive import taxes
>>
Dell is a top brand for monitors. I've enjoyed my UltraSharp.
>>
>>51744155
>Or the screen fails after just 2 or 3 years
there's not many manufacturers that cover parts for that long senpai
>>
>>51744383
The problem i find with Dell is that a lot of their IPS monitors have a slow response time usually 8ms.
>>51744394
My current Asus monitor have a 3 years warranty
>>
http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/monitor-reviews-discussion/15935-hp-27cw-hp-25xw-review-almost-glossy-overclock-able-1080p-6-bit-frc-lg-ah-ips.html
>>
Had a 23" Acer IPS gaming screen for a while. Good, but it was small. IPS is overrated anways now, you can have a VA panel that's almost as good.

Afterward I had a 28" Asus VA panel full HD screen. Would've loved to have 1440p but full HD was fine too. Movies were very enjoyable but even though it was cheap even gaming worked well. Was really amazed how little difference there is between a cheap new LCD panel and a 300-500e panel of the same resolution.

I tested an Acer 27" full HD screen too and it was alright. I think it was TN, but basically not IPS. Again, I didn't see much difference in actual use.

I just think right now you should consider buying 27-28" instead of 23-24" because they are the same money but the immersion is better with a bigger screen.
>>
>>51743188
guise
recommend me a monitor with:
g-sync
1440P
100+ hz
ips panel
27"+

Iam willing to pay upto 1000€
BY GOD NO KOREA GARBAGE SHIT
>>
>>51744452
Isn't that because of the fact that dell expects people to use their monitors for prodution (photo/video) or other work that doesn't require high response times
>>
So I plan to upgrade to next gen GPUs first and then 4k monitor. For the mean time, I'm going with 1440p.

Anyone have any experience/opinions on 1440p ultra wide screen? How is it?
>>
>>51744503
That's easy:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009742

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236466
>>
>>51744503
Pretty sure there's literally one monitor that satisfies those requirements and you know about it.
>>
>>51744503
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&sku=210-AGJR
>>
>>51744626
>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236466
no its not
I already looked up both and they both suffer from horrible lack of qa. You rather win the lottery before you get a screen without something fucked up like dead pixels, backlight bleeding or other retarded shit. Read some reviews.
Those are the ONLY two ones that have my specific needs.

Still thanks for trying.
>>
>>51744452
I went from a 5ms TN to a 8ms Dell IPS monitor and its barely noticeable. It doesn't affect gaming at all unless you're going pro at CSGO or something.
>>
>>51744661
if youre so worried about backlight bleeding dont get an ips
>>
>>51744673
and I wont, I also wont get a tn panel because that would be retarded and backwards.
Iam in a shitty situation, I just need to sit this one out until they improve qa and quality in general.
>>
>>51744661
Remember that the majority of the people only leave a comment on Amazon and other selling sites, when they get a bad product.
>>
>>51744716
I know that, but the amount of bad reviews is still than it should be for a 700-800$ product.
>>
File: rissois.jpg (22 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
rissois.jpg
22 KB, 400x300
Is there a 120+Hz 1080p that would pair well with the u2414h in a dual monitor setup?

IPS for general use and editing; TN for games and working (in portrait)
>>
>>51743967
I understand how you feel man, I got a qnix qx2710 off Newegg and when I received it, it just wouldn't work with my computer. I went through hell and back trying to troubleshoot it. I posted on /g/, overclock, and other sites for help but everyone was stumped; no one could help, not even the seller.
The seller MNW Global, being complete retards, suggested I replace the circuit board but sent me the wrong fucking one. Not to mention each time I would email them with a very detailed description of my problems and troubleshoots, they would take 2-3 days to respond with something completely fucking useless like "are you sure it's plugged in?"
I learned a lot of new things about monitors from this experience but in the end it amounted to nothing. When I asked for a refund, they agreed. They said they would pay for the shipping BUT if they found nothing wrong with it, then I would pay shipping. The shipping was $277; I was scared of getting fucked over. I gave it to my friend who has a similar computer build to mine, and it worked for him. To this day, I kinda blame it on my gpu but it works flawlessly with every other monitor I have.
I don't like taking chances as much now, I buy multi input peripherals from companies located in my country with good policies and quality control
>>
I'm over all happy with my p2715q monitor.

I don't see the fuss over getting response time so slow.

People were competitively gaming on monitors with shitty response times and they did fine, I think its mostly placebo.
>>
>>51745300
>4k
How is the upscaling of 1080p movies and games? Does the picture gets blurry or is it even better than in a 1080p monitor?
>>
>>51743188
Any dell monitor is more than good enough
>>
>>51744452
You can't really make a 60 Hz IPS much faster than what they already are. The overdrive would just overshoot like crazy and cause trailing artifacts.

I'd guess the 120+ Hz ones have better response mainly because they can overdrive more aggressively and still rescan the pixels in time to stop overshoot.
>>
>>51745475
Asus and Benq IPS have usually 5ms response time.

Also, I was thinking in buying this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260218

But i'm unsure if 1080p is enough for a 27'' screen
>>
File: 2015-12-07.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-07.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
>>51745391
Movies are only as good as their source.
any artifacts due to bitrate starvation will just be blown up 4x the size.

>source is a ~10gb 1080p file
>Overall bit rate : 17.4 Mbps / Max 30mbps
>>
>>51745545
>Asus and Benq IPS have usually 5ms response time.
... in their marketing material? Pretty much every 60 Hz IPS monitor is 6-12 ms in actual measurements.

Well, there was some Korean ghetto monitor with no overdrive circuit (or working backlight controls) that was closer to 20 ms but anyways.

I wish 144 Hz would become the standard for IPS soon; the Acer XB270HU was pretty impressive with its ~4-7 ms response times.
>>
>>51745391
uploading some sample images
http://imgur.com/a/7WBly

Settings between 4K and 1080p were untouched unless noted.
>>
>>51744155
>What if you get a bad screen?

Then you complain and most likely get a replacement.

Also, I haven't heard of anyone having so much as a dead pixel. At worst, mine has a *slightly* dimmer spot about the size of half a dime in the lower, right, about 1" in from the right edge. I can only see it if the entire screen is white, and I'm not even sure it's not just my mind playing tricks on me.

>Or the screen fails after just 2 or 3 years?

1) In two or three years you'll be looking at a 144Hz adaptive sync 4K/5K monitor. And as I said, mine's great, and it'll be three years in the spring.

> I care alot about after sales support.

You don't need after sales support. Electronics generally fail immediately or after a very, very long time. They're LED backlit, so they don't flake out like fluorescent backlit monitors did. They generate less heat, which only reduces their failure rate.

Your monitor is the *last* part of your system that you should be worrying about.

By the way, my Dell monitor has aged *far* worse than this Korean one.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.