[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you know any small open source projects to learn more about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: 1408739491433.jpg (568 KB, 2448x1836) Image search: [Google]
1408739491433.jpg
568 KB, 2448x1836
Do you know any small open source projects to learn more about code?
Everything I can think about is too big and will over overwhelm me.
Don't "just pick a random shit from github" because I don't know what I have to look for and the point is to learn to do things better not worse...
>>
Do you want to learn how to code from the beginning or do you already kinda know what you're doing?
>>
>>51742638
Idk but that picture gives me like a 3/4 boner every time

And then every time I look it up and go through the set, I eventually end up cumming in my pants even though there are no nudes
>>
>>51742703
I already know what I'm doing but I want to check some projects to improve and see how other people do things.
>>
>>51742747
Link?
>>
>>51742638
just pick a random shit from github
>>
>>51742747
http://1032014454.tumblr.com/post/72082976841
>>
Learn Python and fuck with pygame
>>
>>51742703
Let's say someone wanted to learn code from the beginning.

What would you recommend Anon?
>>
>>51743356
It depends. Where are you from?
>>
>>51743466
The States
>>
>>51743526
i had a coursera course, cant find it now...

anyway, i learned the basics with a dumb app with my high school teacher, then a bit more with visual basic at high school too, and that's basically how i got the hang of like making algorithms

i have no idea how to learn that on your own so i was gonna link an online course from MIT that looked pretty neat but I somehow cant find it now, doesnt even show up when searching, but i recommend you look for something similar
>>
>>51743150
Thanks, agent.
>>
>>51743675
Thanks. I'll look into it.
>>
>>51742638

Imagine the stench
>>
>>51743773
Yeah i can almost smell it, bone inducing
>>
You are gonna get my thread deleted.
Does someone know some small projects to check?
>>
>>51742638

this pic would be 10/10 if they were 5 years younger
>>
>>51744463
honestly m8 i got no idea

>>51744475
more like 10 years younger
>>
>>51744485

depends, if that would put them around 11 then possibly yeah, girls start looking tight as fuck around then
>>
>>51744485
Jared Fogel pls
>>
>>51744475
>>>/tv/
>>
>>51744463

Even if I have absolutely no idea on what small projects to check, I could give you some advice. To what extent do you know what you are doing? Are you majoring in CS and if so what year?
>>
>>51744568
2nd year, I started programming 4 years ago but I have never seen anyone else's code and that's what I'm trying to do.
>>
>>51744690
xd its gonna be hard just sayin, the guys in the project can only help you so much.

this is something great to do though. if you do it right and learn to an industry level now you'll probably find yourself hating group projects on the last years of college since it's gonna be basically you doing things right and the others fucking it up but you cant tell them to fuck off or even imply that they are crap.

at first remember to just read and read code for hours before even doing anything
>>
>>51742638
what language
>>
Ever used a library in one of your projects? Chances are they're open source, look at the code with a notepad and try to puzzle out the architecture and the project structure for a while. Then see what the issues are and try to contribute. Some projects even have a label called "first good contribution" or similar.

Another thing you can do is try some tasks on codewars, after you submit your solution for a tiny task you can see how others wrote it. This is great because you had time to think and reason about the problem and the solution and now you can clearly understand how others did it.

What languages do you know?
>>
>>51744518
Inb4 anon starts getting followed by suspicious black vans
>>
>>51743150
nice try fbi
>>
>>51744789
not the anon youre replying too. Any tips on what i should be looking for while reading and then what do i do after?
>>
>>51744905
Thanks I didn't think about libraries. I'll check the libraries I used and I'll try to make improvements.
I can't consider that "I know" any language, I have used them to make some things but I'm far of being a master in any of them.
I have used C,C++, python and a bit of java.
>>
>>51743150
>>51742874
>>51743705
http://www.imagefap.com/pictures/4061254/PikiLeaks-Amateur-Teens-Dorm-Room-Fun%21?gid=4061254&page=0&view=0
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.