[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when Mozilla was kill?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 7
Where were you when Mozilla was kill?
>>
File: 1440101996595.jpg (10 KB, 200x180) Image search: [Google]
1440101996595.jpg
10 KB, 200x180
>>51741386
>woman
>activism
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 1024x1024
Mozilla has been kill since 2008
>>
>>51741446
>womyn in tech meme fulfilled
>>
>>51741386
>activism
like what

at least shreyas and michael do something to earn a living
>>
>>51741554
Activism is one of those things you can't really describe. It's like some intangible, metaphysical concept that is far beyond the comprehension of us mere mortals
>>
>>51741386
>India
>activism
>goatee
Christ.
>>
>>51741386
>Activism
Is that what they call now the people who bring the coffee an clean the tables?
>>
i dont get it

these people are just volunteers
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contribute/
>>
>>51741446
I'm an activist and I would say that over 50% of my fellow activists are female
>>
>>51741386
>Woman
>Naturally not doing anything technical in a software product
Can't say I'm particularly surprised as it's been known for years that they've fallen for the whole political correctness meme and everything that it demands of those who fall for it, including hiring women simply for the sake of hiring women. Firing that guy who had dedicated over a decade of his life to the company because he contributed to what the political correctness crowd saw as the wrong political campaign was just the final nail in the coffin for that.
>>
>>51741446
> My passion is for organizing local Webmaker and WoMoz (Women in Mozilla) community events where I can train others and help them develop their skills. I also help out with the Firefox Student Ambassadors program and Community Building.

Every fucking time.
>>
>>51741386
And now? We'll go full Pale Moon? Opera? IE?
>>
>>51741675
posting on twitter does not count as activism.
>>
>>51741675
That's just about proportional to women in the general population. Are you sure it isn't more like 70% and most of the guys just want pussy?
>>
>>51741729
Stay with Firefox, ignore the bullshit.
>>
>>51741810
I switched to Firefox DE because regular Firefox freeze during download
>>
>>51741616
Don't be silly. They would never get real jobs.
>>
>>51741699
>we picked up a new female hire last year
>decide to check out her Github.
>look down at her contributions
>all green not a single white dot
>some part of me wants to hope
>click on a few random commits
>every single one is documentation

mfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilcRS5eUpwk
>>
how many anti-mozilla threads do there have to be?
>>
>>51741824
Does it work? I use Beta, works pretty damn well.
>>
>>51741699
>>>51741386 (OP)
>Firing that guy who had dedicated over a decade of his life to the company because he contributed to what the political correctness crowd saw as the wrong political campaign was just the final nail in the coffin for that.

Have not heard. Explain?
>>
>>51741859
i tried to shortcut telemetry changing the telemetry URL, but it still has telemetry..
BUT it works...
>>
Most recent plans of mozilla to make firefox suck even more:

- keep firefox hello, Pocket and "Apps" support
- remove UI customization and complete themes support because "they are bloat and not many use those features"
- remove support for real xpi extensions, only keep support for chrome-like extensions which can't do shit
- Drop Thunderbird support because "we have to concentrate on firefox"
>>
Nobody answered OP's question. >:c
I was at home, OP! I believe I was getting laid at that time. Idiot.
>>
>>51741912
>:c
Are you serious
>>
>>51741899
>have to concentrate on firefox
More like focus on that social justice warfare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HALw5kXPeKE
>>
File: 1449432914833.jpg (49 KB, 558x494) Image search: [Google]
1449432914833.jpg
49 KB, 558x494
>>51741922
Don't hate on cute smilies anon :3
>>
File: daggy.png (64 KB, 216x222) Image search: [Google]
daggy.png
64 KB, 216x222
>activism
>in the Philippines
top wew lass good luck with that lmao
>>
Based Blink. Thank you based google for completely obliterating MozicĂ¼cks.

Have you praised Blink today?
>>
>>51741899
Grouped tabs is getting axed really soon as well. I suppose not that many used it, but I really liked it.
>>
>>51741890
What telemetry?
>>
>>51741951
Pinoy?
>>
>>51741965
No, I didn't mr. unpaid jewgle shill.
>>
>>51741944
>comments disabled
Why am I not surprised
>>
>>51741922
>worrying about insignificant trifles, just like everyone in this thread
How typical.
>>
>>51741975
The one you can turn off in the settings
>>
>>51741965
Thank you based Blink.
Damn, it must feel really bad to know that you are directly supporting rape when using a browser such as Mozilla Firekuk.
>>
>>51741881
http://www.cnet.com/news/mozilla-under-fire-inside-the-9-day-reign-of-fallen-ceo-brendan-eich/

I wish this shit was just a really bad nightmare, but unfortunately you're now no longer allowed to have certain political views if you want to have a job in something that is in no way related to what those views are on.
>>
>>51742039
>tfw there are people on /g/ right now who support this

/g/ has fallen.
>>
>>51742079
>tfw there are people on /g/ right now who support google

/g/ has fallen.
>>
>>51742096
>there are people on /g/ right now who think that the only alternative to supporting SJWs is supporting a botnet

How come these people are allowed to live?
>>
>>51741810
Firefox is a worthless Chrome UI clone from a worthless copy company named Mozilla.
>>
You have 10 seconds to explain why the fuck you aren't using wget right now.
>>
>>51742148
You got 5 to explain how it's pertinent to this thread.
>>
>>51742184
Because it doesn't support SJW cancer. Your turn now.
>>
>>51741506
Worse botnet.
>>
>>51742148
Because I'm using pale moon.
>>
>>51742137
Yeah, firefox was a chromeclone since the beginning, right? Fuck off
>>
>>51742195
So you read the plain HTML then?
>>
>>51741506
>having a botnet dick in your anus
>>51742208
>having a furry dick in you anus
>>51741810
>having a nigger dick in your anus

Why is everyone so inane?
>>
>>51742217
just because it wasn't doesn't mean it isn't now retard
>>
>>51742226
Yeah. The rest is just a meme that the corporate higher-ups brainwashed you to think that it was essential.
>>
>>51742195
Because it's no substitution for a Web browser. SJW support is the least of our concerns. Think of all the bloat and invasive feature creep.
>>
>>51742259
Chromium doesn't have any of that problems. Why aren't you part of the masterrace?
>>
>>51742257
>Not using cURL.
Plebeian.
>>
>>51742238
>having eastern european dick in your anus
>>
>>51741810
Pale Moon and just learn to like the furfag browser of choice. SJW cu_ck, botnet or furfaggots, your choice of cancer.
>>
>>51742217
Well it will become one, Mozilla strips the browser of all features which are not Chrome like fag! Enjoy your featureless simplistic fag browser which only has a shiny design and nothing else!

Cock sucker!
>>
File: 500px-Iceweasel_icon.svg.png (155 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
500px-Iceweasel_icon.svg.png
155 KB, 500x500
>>51742278
No need.
>>
>>51742217
Must suck to lose all features because Mozco gets greedy and was ass raped by Google! Now it is better, oh wait! Now it is Yahoo which is buttraping the! Sucks to be Firefox user!

Btw. i despise Chrome and i never would use a browser with a simple UI and almost no features!
>>
>>51742006
>>51741975

about:telemetry

In firefox you can't really turn it off
>>
>>51742278
>switching to a browser with no features from a browser that is slowly losing them
>>
>>51742396
The reason why Mozilla is almost as bad as Google today. Who is adopting their mindset, development practices and business practices is nothing less than a cheap bastard copycat cock sucker!
>>
>>51742407
That is the reason why people should switch to Otter Browser or Quzpzilla or Qutebrowser - will get QTWebengine, are Open Source and have tons of features already and get even more soon!
>>
That is the way to make the Chrome UI clone lovers shut up! Send them some bomb comments with ricing and features and they go down to their holes at home and start to head-bang the wall and scream in rage!

Simple fags=Simple brains=Simple stupid!
>>
I don't even know who firefox is pandering to. Every single fucking normalfag uses either the default browser, that is, IE/Safari, or uses Chrome because Google places giant ads everywhere for you to download it.

It's not popular with normies and it's trying everything it can to scare away the ricers and web devs.
>>
>>51741446
why the fuck are you forcing dogola
>>
>women
>gay activists
>poo in loos
chrome might be botnet but at least it's exempt of this shit, i'm making the shift, fuck furryfox
>>
>>51742683
who?
>>
>>51742659
That is what Mozilla wants to change. Removing features so that mostly Chrome normies come over, Mozilla hopes once Firefox offers add-ons limited like Chrome, themes limited like Chrome or Features limited like Chrome, Chrome normies hopp over because Mozilla thinks that the same Chrome offering made by them and privacy will be the ultimate Chrome killer.

But.. Where are the massive Chrome users so far Mozilla? That's right, not here!
>>
>>51741974
That was horrible news for me. Tab groups revolutionized my browsing habits and research paper workflow, and I don't know what I'm gonna do without them.
>>
>>51742738
>Removing features so that mostly Chrome normies come over
Yeah, but Chrome is only so popular because literally every single person on the internet has visited Google, and they have massive "INSTALL GOOGLE CHROME NOW FOR MORE SPEED" ads on every single page. Mozilla should be doing every thing to keep it's current userbase.
>>
>>51742812
You do forget one thing: Mozilla is greedy, they have a hate towards Google, they have reduced features because Google told so, they have literally everything done what Google demanded during their contractr.

Then Google dumped Mozilla, they had to align with Yahoo, new contract is not that good, they ask massive for donations and try to find a way to get revenge against Google.

So, they just continue their path and trying even harder to be like Chrome, no, to beat Chrome in minimalism, no features and design wise.

That is all about being jealous and being butthurt. Mozilla was owned and pwned by Google, that is a fact!
>>
I've been using Firefox since 2004, but it has become unbearably shit in recent times.
What should I switch to?
>>
>>51742887
The joke is that they are literally not making any new useful shit, just more bloat nobody wants
>>
>>51742812
Mozilla is like a sociopath woman left by her husband. Now she screams, kicks, stalks her ex and tries to destroy everything he likes and loves.

How pathetic that is :D And even more funny, while time is passing, the woman gets old and ugly, a real fucking old stupid hag :D
>>
>>51742939
Not true. All what they add is stuff normies love to death.

If you ask a normie what is bloat and show them Pocket, Chat and some simple line of code to move buttons and toolbars around, they hug chat and Pocket and demand that bloat like customization has to go.

Fun fact is, what they love is more bloat. But normies can not understand that.
>>
>>51742924
What's so shitty? I use Firefox pretty much since I had my first PC connected to the internet. The only thing that I didn't like that much was the switch to Australis.
>>
>>51743071
The fact that Mozilla turns Firefox into a poor mans version of Chrome, that is so shitty. Australis is only the beginning of making Firefox equal with Chrome in terms of stupidity. Just wait and see!
>>
>>51742039
>you're now no longer allowed to have certain political views if you want to have a job in something that is in no way related to what those views are on

Browsers are Big Brother's eye. Of course your political correctness matters. Have you met your quota of Daily Beast visits this week, Comrade anons?
>>
>>51743005
Who the fuck uses Pocket or Hello though?
>>
Why does Australis have curved tabs? To make them more aerodynamic.

I am not making this up, a retarded mozialla dev/designer even made a video about it
>>
>>51743378
The social networking and Web 2.0 junkies of today? Today's youth which can not live without overpriced smartphones with direct connection to Whatsapp?

That is the usergroup which is relevant for Mozilla today. Don't think, consume! That is all what that shitheads are up to today!
>>
>>51743463
Yeah, but I know many who are like that and none have heard of/want to use those 2 services.
>>
>>51743487
That is the other problem. I just told you what Mozilla thinks WHAT that guys demand.

In reality, as you say it is anyway different. Buf if you are on the verge of extinction like Mozilla, you begin to dream wonderful daydreams of glory, fame and power - Reality is always different, about that we can for sure agree ;)
>>
File: 1445373095602.jpg (211 KB, 760x749) Image search: [Google]
1445373095602.jpg
211 KB, 760x749
>>51742331
Why do people forget that Waterfox exists? I never have any problems with it.
>>
>>51743546
Waterfox, Cyberfox end the same way as Firefox. Barebone browsers and Chrome UI clones. Only if you jump off the code base and make an engine freeze you can avoid that happening. Seamonkey will be also hit by that unfortunately.

Trouble with an engine freeze is that you have to to all work alone to keep it up to date (Pale Moon).

So, you have the choice between following the source and accept for a large parts the changes Mozilla does or jump off the cliff and go the hard way - that is what Pale Moon does.
>>
>>51743546
Why would someone do that to an image of Ian.

Seriously.
>>
JUST WAIT FOR PALEMOON AND GOANNA
>Pale Moon 26 will use the new web browser engine, Goanna, which is a fork of Gecko, the web browser engine of Firefox.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goanna_%28software%29
>>
>>51743890
Nice. Just not as nice as Blink, but still nice.
>>
>>51743890
It is same old Gecko. Goanna was chosen to be secure if Mozilla suddenly would get totally insane and sending lawyers against Pale Moon, as they are modifying Gecko engine - at such a point Pale Moon guys fear that that is not allowed to change it without forking/renaming it.
>>
>>51743890
To be exact, Goanna will still be based of ESR 24 code base which Pale Moon is now using since forking off Firefox. Now they have the whole work of patching it and enhancing it with features, because refusing to use latest Gecko engines means refusing allowing Mozilla to fix everything for the Pale Moon team.
>>
>>51743890
Nice, very nice.
>>
>>51742683
Shhh they must not know about batoré
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.