[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone left an iPad mini at my work maybe like 6 months ago.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 600x411) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 600x411
Someone left an iPad mini at my work maybe like 6 months ago. Since no one claimed it even after we put signs up about it my manager decided to just give it to me but it is on activation lock so even after I try to restore it, it asks for the previous owners iCloud credentials.

So what I'm trying to get at is, is there any way to bypass this activation lock? Or is this thing useless now? I'm sure there has to be a way around it.
>>
>>51739052
Go away Tyrone.
>>
Bring it to an Apple Store, E-Lincoln.
>>
>>51739052
Put it in a microwave rated over 750W and under 1000W, turn it on for 1 minute. It's a built in hard reset, we do it all the time to disable locks at the Apple workshop.

t. Apple workshop Employee.
>>
>>51739106
Don't trust this OP, and if you do then you're a fucking retard. The battery will likely explode or leak at the least.
>>
>>51739106
Seconded. I'm not sure if it will work in a normal microwave because I'm new here, but it is a big oven looking thing and my co-workers say that it's a microwave for a hard reset.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 300x186
>>51739081
>>
>>51739165

What a troll. Just let that man unlock his iPad.
>>
1. Find the iCloud credentials of the previous owner.

2. Find the receipt and call Apple.

If you can't do either of those you are now one brick richer.
>>
Give it back, Jamal
>>
>>51739165
After the "wireless charging" microwave scandal. Apple decided to implement this hard reset because they knew that consumer's weren't stupid enough to try it again. It absolutely works though, worst case scenario it will feel a little warm and nothing will change. It has to be the right wattage to have the correct frequency.
>>
These fine African-American gentlemen are getting more creative with their stories every day.
>>
File: image.png (474 KB, 484x417) Image search: [Google]
image.png
474 KB, 484x417
>>51739106
>>
>>51739052
JUST INSTALL CYANOGEN
>>
Maybe you should have taken it to an Apple Store before resetting it to see if they could contact the owner.

Worst thing that could have happened is the owner says they want it and they'll pick it up. The best case scenario would have been thay the owner tells the employees to reset the thing to factory settings and give it to you.
>>
File: 1425822523532.png (1 MB, 1263x1060) Image search: [Google]
1425822523532.png
1 MB, 1263x1060
>>
>>51740867
>implying iOS is secure
my sides
>>
>>51739106
This should be part of the Jamal infographic.
>>
>>51740919
find a way round it?
>>
>>51740867
>theiving
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.