[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
c++ >>shit syntax >>can't do anything without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: SouthPark106.gif (18 KB, 400x309) Image search: [Google]
SouthPark106.gif
18 KB, 400x309
c++
>>shit syntax
>>can't do anything without writing tons of code
>>low salary
>>oldfags competition
>>infinite complexity
>>integration issues
>>prone to exploits
Why the fuck should you stick with it?
>>
>>51737932
>C++
>low salary
>>
>>51737932
>c++
>>>integration issues
lol
>>
because its the only language that combines performance and abstraction well
>>
because nobody cares about your meme languages like python
>>
>>51737932
>There are only two things wrong with C++: The initial concept and the implementation.
>>
>>51737932
Literally the only people complaining about c++ are the the ones too retarded to learn how a computer actually works to get the most out of the language.
>>
>low salary
OP ur a fag
>>
>>51738123
Mostly kids. At this point a lot of low-grade tech schools are in bed with MS and only teach C#.
>>
File: bait.png (6 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
6 KB, 319x319
>>51737932
quality thread, op
>>
>>51737990
>C++
>good at abstraction
is that why you have to take care of memory allocation yourself?
>>
>>51738123
Plus the people who have used it for more than a decade and have put up with enough of its shit. You will not truly understand everything that is wrong with it until you've spent at least that much time wading knee-deep in its shit.

I won't deny that it has its place, regrettable though it is. I will even concede that it's exciting. To begin with. After a while you start to realise it just gets in your way at every turn.
>>
>>51738169
>memory allocation yourself
if what you mean is abstracting memory allocation in well designed containers so that the leaks and memory errors are minimized then yes.
>>
Move on anons C++ is no more the meme language, it's clojure now.
>>
>>51738169
Except you don't if you don't want to.
>>
File: 1436511674021.jpg (164 KB, 605x934) Image search: [Google]
1436511674021.jpg
164 KB, 605x934
>>51738123
Pretty much this. I like to hate on C++ as much as the next guy, but when you get down to it, it's just another language, good for some things, bad for others.

It's kind of like PHP and Java for me. I would never use it for any of my own projects unless there are obvious benefits, but I'll use it without complaining if everyone else wants to use it simply because that's what everyone knows. I can't expect everyone to pick up node or haskell or whatever meme language I'm into at the time just to appease my autism.
>>
>>51738215
Smart pointers are still a thing you have to take care of. A language that does abstraction well lets you focus on the task and not on house-keeping shit.
>>
>>51738404
>literally a line of code
seriously nigga thats your complain?
>>
File: Bait_f5d81d_5515578.jpg (36 KB, 780x585) Image search: [Google]
Bait_f5d81d_5515578.jpg
36 KB, 780x585
>>51737932
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.