[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Career
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: programming.jpg (597 KB, 833x575) Image search: [Google]
programming.jpg
597 KB, 833x575
Programming or Networking ?
/g/ choose what i'll study in march
Assume I have no preference
+ and - for each
>>
>>51737655
If you're not following your passion nothing will change and you'll kill yourself within 10 years.
>>
>>51737655
both
>>
>>51737655

Depends.

If you want the challenge but don't mind being around mediocre people and bad pay, go with programming.

If you want decent pay, low to no challenge and being surrounded by mediocrity go networking.
>>
networking, you'll end up as a tech support. programming, you'll end up as an app support
>>
>>51737688
This

and
>>51737694
This
>>
In networking you'll peak sooner than you would in programming.
>>
Network Programming
>>
You should major in information systems and specialized in security.
>>
>>51737786
And get CEH and CCNA and A+. You can call yourself a professional then and move away from India
>>
CIS.

Do both. Plus bonus project management education.
>>
>>51737745
Yah, you will become mediocre faster. Real networking is hard as fuck nigga.
>>
>>51737688
This is true but not everyone can follow their dreams. My case: med school but no money... So I suck the networking dick with my cs degree and hate myself every minute.
>>
>>51737716
well, you will be support until you take the next step and stop being a little bitch
>>
>>51737688
>you'll kill yourself within 10 years.
>not going out like a champ and bigger man
FUCKING COWARDS! THE LOT OF YOU!
>>
Networking so you can get into security and pen-testing. This is the correct answer, and involves becoming a good programmer without having to deal with being 'a programmer' or software development. .
>>
>>51739736
You'll kill yourself eventually son. Not before I do , however , I can program since highschool but turns out my college degree only got me a job where I write someone else's code for 7 hours a day. No idea what the fuck I should do now , I've tried making small games but that got me a grand total of $1 in ad revenue so.

tl;dr dont learn programming if you're not going for software engineering.
>>
>>51740358
>not turning into a suicide bomber

Absolutely haram
>>
>>51737688
>you'll kill yourself within 10 years.

Not if I get married and have a kid first! Hhahah, how could I suicide when I must raise my little child? But no worries, my time may be up, but they will learn and they will follow their passion and they will have a fulfilled and respectable life. I'll have to do all I can to make sure they have anything they need, to make sure they get to be whatever they want when they grow up!
>>
File: k4dcfth.png (167 KB, 600x590) Image search: [Google]
k4dcfth.png
167 KB, 600x590
>>51737655
>going to finish college next year
>tfw depressed as fuck due to lack of jobs in my country
>tfw no experience so no possibility of moving abroad
>tfw I hear of people talking about so many jobs
>>
>>51742281
>inb4 your wife kekolds you with a dindu
>inb4 paying alimony for the rest of your life
>>
>>51737655

Programming = Getting to understand a computer's mind and 'talk' to it in an alien-like language.

Networking = Are you the IT guy? Put wheels in these platforms so we can put computer towers on them, here's 30 and there you have 30 more
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.