[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Websites with flaws
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: ice_screenshot_20151207-224054.png (48 KB, 603x447) Image search: [Google]
ice_screenshot_20151207-224054.png
48 KB, 603x447
>been surfing web a lot
>only use good sites like 4chan
>get a project on usability testing
>basic purpose is to find flaws in navigating/using a website
>don't know any sites like that
So /g/ I need help, please post websites that are used a lot but have a noticeable number of flaws, also mention the flaws if you can, thanks.
>>
>>51737610

>>only use good sites like 4chan

Heh.
>>
There's a shitty website called 4chan whose front page redirects people not using an ad blocker to sleazy malware sites.
>>
>>51737644
>>51737722
Got to butter 'em up a little bit
>>
File: milliondollarhomepage.png (524 KB, 1003x860) Image search: [Google]
milliondollarhomepage.png
524 KB, 1003x860
>>51737610
lingscars dot com
I'm sure you can find something there that doesn't work.
It's a great site though, takes me back to the mid 90's... We should return to this format instead of all of that hipster bullshit we have today.
>>
>>51737754
Holy shit, this is one beautiful website. Looks like a lot of creativity went into it.
>>
http://unlearnracism.ca/
>>
>>51737610
Education websites with tons of JavaScript and bloat like blackboard
>>
http://www.themostamazingwebsiteontheinternet.com/
>>
>>51737797
That was my initial reaction too, and the thought "I'm Home".
I never minded <blink>text</blink>, or lots of graphics and now that we all have the bandwidth to spare it makes more sense than ever.
What I do mind is half of my screen real estate being wasted. Everything running down the middle of the screen with a shitty background just irks me.
My first search engine excite dot com is still alive so that's got to count for something.
Links... Links Everywhere
>>
>>51737892
As in tutorial websites?
>>51738077
I don't need websites that are troll or basically memes, I need something that actually has some use like >>51737754
>>
>>51738120
Pearson has these javascript horrors used for doing homework online
>>
facebook is the definition of bad design
>>
>>51738211
agreed, I was just about to add that
>>
>>51738225
if I have to use it, I use m.facebook.com even on the computer
>>
>>51738141
Oh god this. Pearson's site is absolute dogshit. It would kick me off all the time without saving my progress. Don't even get me started on the mobile version.
>>
>>51738374
Pearson charges you 100 bucks to do your fucking homework without the textbook and then their client crashes every time you restart a problem.
>>
>>51738211
There are already too many normies in my class that have picked facebook and derivatives.
What about reddit?
>>
>>51737610
http://arngren.net/
I dare you to find a flaw
>>
>>51738434
>What about reddit?
Not him but from a point of view of someone who doesn't use reddit at all other when i google something and reddit comes up first.

The fact that you can create your boards and the board navigation being rebbit.com/r/boardname is an a-okay feature.

What bugs me is the comment order/sorting. It's neither by date not by popularity, it's some mix of each other, some posts are hidden some posts are not.
I can't wrap my head around it.
>>
>>51737610
>good sites
>4chan

4chan runs on proprietary software

>>>/out/
>>
>>51739209
10/10
>>51739386
Noted, also nested comments are confusing, which is a bit of a turnoff.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.