[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which keyboard is better and why is it the chicklet style?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 41SRaFSRJtL.jpg (29 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
41SRaFSRJtL.jpg
29 KB, 500x333
Which keyboard is better and why is it the chicklet style?
>>
>>51736240
>chicklet style keyboards
oh fuck me, I'd rather type raw ASCII codes byte by byte on a 0/1 keyboard that have to deal with that shit
>>
File: 1447600266290.jpg (16 KB, 252x317) Image search: [Google]
1447600266290.jpg
16 KB, 252x317
>>51736240
>>
>laptop dies
>buy actual PC
>too used to laptop keyboard, normal keyboard feels wrong

I'll get used to it but it sucks for now
>>
>>51736479
Get a wrist rest.
>>
After Topre and MX brown switches, good chiclets are actually quite nice to use. I don't understand where the hate-boner comes from.
>>
>>51736868

It's nothing to do with that, it's the keys.
>>
>>51736931

Just not durable, or suitable for sustained use.

I break the space and enter keys on them (or at least, I did on the two I used before I went glorious mechanical keyboard master race)
>>
>>51736240
>postulating an initial open ended question then changing the question to one that seeks validation for your own opinionated answer to the initial question, disregarding that the initial question is open ended and has no definitive correct answer
>>
>>51736955

Maybe try not hitting the keys so hard.
>>
>>51736240
Generic dell keyboards are way better than chicklet crap, and probably cheaper
>>
>>51736955
Then stop sperging out on your fucking keys like a neanderthal.
>>
File: 1415875534612.jpg (12 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1415875534612.jpg
12 KB, 255x255
>>51736240
>which is better
>why is chicklet better

OP is confirmed faggot
>>
i like buckling springs and black alps.
but i love the short travel of scissor switches
>>
Cherry MX or GTFO
>>
I remember when I ordered a C2D Macbook back in the day. Looking at pictures I thought the 'chicklet' ketboard looked so odd, and I was worried if I'd get used to it. Of course in the end it was totally fine.
>>
>>51736240
it all depends on the quality of the keyboard
for instance, apple chiclet boards are leagues ahead of whatever logitech membrane bullshit that gets recommended here for a budget board
but, it still doesn't compare to the feel of a nice topre board (type heaven, happy hacking, etc.)
>>
>>51737244
Apple laptop keyboards keys fail regularly. Designed to look good and fail. Replacement? $400.
>>
>>51736240
Scissor switches are objectively faster than mechanical switches.
>>
Don't know what's the problem with chicklets are, I don't own one, but I've used it, don't understand the hatred
I'm a simple man with my simple K120
If I'm ever going to upgrade, it will probably be some mechanical
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.