[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
over-rated headphones who are not appreciated in real life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 545752IMG0004.jpg (102 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
545752IMG0004.jpg
102 KB, 800x533
What are the most over-rated headphones ? What are the universaly appreciated headphones in real life ?

I mean by this , with all these "audiophiles" who advise on youtube/internet to buy the most "neutral" headphones, someone you know has to be desappointed with their Beyerdynamic, Seinheiser or Audio Technica x.

Most people I know just want a "live" feeling with a V curve, clean and deep basses, a flattering sound, not a studio headphones for mixing samples 12h a day.

That's not foolish because with the loudness war + compression that's your headphone who has to do the mixing, i'm not even half-kidding. So when they hear modern music with a super neutral headphones, they don't like it, it's too flat.
>>
I've seen the M50s been called over-rated before. But I've had mine for years and still sound great, if they sound appealing to you then you're getting a good set of cans.
>>
>>51735849
What did you have before ?

Because whitout a reference in the same price range that's hard to think someone will think that a H202 is better.
>>
M50Xs are a piece of shit. I bought them and returned them a week later. Even tried burning them in, didn't do much. "Neutral" my ass, they're complete nigger bass. Vocals are like listening to someone talk through a tin can. Bands like Radiohead sounded awful on them.

Even my V6s sounded way cleaner and they were half the price. They don't have over empowering nigger bass.
>>
>>51735796
>What are the most over-rated headphones

Any Audez'e headphone.
Etymotic ER-4PT.

>What are the universaly appreciated headphones in real life ?

Sennheiser HD600, HD650, HD800.
HiFiMan HE-400i.
Shure SE215.
>>
>>51736987
the thing about audeze is they look natural af if you look at their frequency response curve
so I would love to try them
>>
>>51737053
They sound fine. My issues with them are weight and QC.
>>
>>51737095
what about the el-8 ones?
>>
>>51737128
Pure shit. I would save up and get the LCD-2 in rosewood, they are their best headphone in overall price/performance.
>>
>>51736929
>vocals
howpleb.ru
>>
>>51737140
thanks for saving me on this one man
>>
File: Magay.png (81 KB, 231x277) Image search: [Google]
Magay.png
81 KB, 231x277
>>51737156

Fine, the M50's have a nigger V-shaped sound, the mids are recessed. Sounds too veiled and congested. Fucking autistic manchild faggot. How else should I explain it?

How is it that you fags are literally worse than le reddit? How the fuck is that possible?
>>
>>51737378
>buzzwords
>>
>>51736987
>Etymotic ER-4PT.
It's a middling value all things considered, but not overrated.

>>51737128
I don't know about the open EL-8 being pure shit, but the closed one was really bad.
Still a lot of things to not like about open EL-8

>>51737140
>rosewood
Bamboo
>>
>>51737128
>>51737140
This guy's full of shit.
The EL-8s sound so close to LCD-3s (owning both and doing side-by-side comparisons) that it's insane.

They're easily the best headphones under $1k and they're definitely good enough to warrant savings when compared to the LCD-2s.
>>
>>51737476
>The EL-8s sound so close to LCD-3s (owning both and doing side-by-side comparisons) that it's insane.
>They're easily the best headphones under $1k and they're definitely good enough to warrant savings when compared to the LCD-2s.

I would quite disagree with that. EL-8 open has more in common with LCD-4, except el-8 has a notch filter in the treble.

Best for price is laughable. Not that the 3s are so great either.
>>
File: Gayyyyy.png (512 KB, 475x638) Image search: [Google]
Gayyyyy.png
512 KB, 475x638
>>51737409
>>
>>51737646
Here's your (You), cherish it well
>>
beats
>>
>>51737713
in my opinion they are too underrated
I didnt like them but they recieve too much hate for what they are
>>
>>51736929
Damn, I'm sorry to hear that because the worst thing about the M50s was the cord not being able to come apart, which was the only reason I'd look at M50xs
>>
>>51736987
>HD800
>good
>>
>>51737906

the universal "hate" is that they are overpriced for the quallity
>>
>>51736929
Mine don't sound like that at all. Either the particular phones you got were defective, or you are.
>>
>>51741323
The m50x are definitely nigger bass tier.
>>
>>51736929
V6s have shit bass exention. M50s probably sound so bassy becasue you're used to no-bass headphones.
>>
>>51741527
>V6s have shit bass exention.
Yes they do, but m50s is still non flat bass.
>>
>>51736987
HE-400i>HD600&650
prove me wrong
>>
>>51737476
Price to performance is exactly what kills LEL-8. The treble is just garbage-tier and inexcusable for the asking price. Try sub 200 category for proper match.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.