[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Mozilla Foundation owns $23.5 million in computer hardware
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
Keep donating. It helps the open web. ;)

https://static.mozilla.com/moco/en-US/pdf/Mozilla_Audited_Financials_2014.pdf
>>
N O N P R O F I T
>>
they need the money to crush the patriarchy and white supremacy.
>>
So?
You can criticize that they're all using Macs, but I think we can agree that they actually need computers, right?
>>
>>51734276
23+12 million.
Son, do you understand how much money it takes to keep a company like mozilla running?
>>
>>51734384
This
OP is a faggot
>>
>>51734276
>MS,apple and Google make billions of money when you buy their stuff or use their stuff.
How do you feel about keeping your freedom away. Keep buying.
>>
>>51734276
Do you expect them to start selling their hardware and office furniture in order to keep further work on their software?
>>
so they can make bad decisions every day while sitting on comfy chairs
>>
>>51734276
hows a dollar going to lite up spontaneously so that it can light a cigar?

could it be that OP is using imagery falsely to spin a story in a way that suits him?
>>
File: 9054730095_dae56e86e6_z.jpg (261 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
9054730095_dae56e86e6_z.jpg
261 KB, 640x427
This is their office in paris
>>
>>51734295
This.
>>
Do they not realise nobody gives a fuck? If they shut doors I'll just start to use Chrome and join the botnet everyone seems so happy to be a part of.
>>
>>51734276
That's nothing compared to their competition buddy.
>>
>>51734276
So what do you want OP? For them to sell everything they own instead of asking for donations?
>>
>>51734568
all crammed up in that tiny space...

poorfags
>>
>>51734276
>It doesn't matter if they are Open Source, they're still evil because they have more money than me ;__;
My suspicions are true then, people don't like FOSS because of ethics. It's because programmers are usually stupidly poor rather than being stupidly rich when they make FOSS exclusively, thus conversing your ego about being one of "the people". baka tbqh family.
>>
>>51734628
Conserving*
>>
>>51734276

Are you retarded? Of course they do. Every company needs furniture and hardware, why would they sell their PC's or tables to keep them going.
>>
>>51734600
>>51734595
>>51734567
>>51734525
They have no excuses to have an office in fucking Paris (a city irrelevant to the tech industry; in Europe shit gets done in Germany) covered in gold.

And yes, they should sell some of those gold assets before begging for donations from clueless people.
>>
Face It. We need a new browser. Not something stupid, or another fork. The fact that the majority of PC users use four browsers IS an issue. That means every users experience Is subject mainly to the what the browser allows. Which would be four experiences, generally the same with some including botnet bullshit and others just being NSA's bitch. I don't know why all of the Snowden leaks hasn't led to much more secure browser startups. We need to stop being okay with shit experiences, and illegal gathering of information. Otherwise It'll just get worse. Mozilla has changed, so now we must do what every other democratic system does. Vote them out, but for us we need to actually make a new candidate.
>>
File: cry+baby[1].jpg (177 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
cry+baby[1].jpg
177 KB, 800x533
>>51734704
>wah they're not supposed to have more money than me! :'(
>They should destroy a centuries old room just to appease my jealousy
Underage reported.
>>
>>51734779
Because
A. no one cares because hardly anyone is a terrorist/paedophile
B. If you're being watched by your ISP at the packet level, then there isn't much point in securing your browser more than Tor already does if you plan on blowing something up or looking at kiddies for kicks.
>>
>>51734276

Who is going to work for them if they don't have a nice office and provide good incentives besides salary?

They want to be a company similar to Google and Facebook in order to attract great talent.
>>
>>51734831
This, I know /g/ probably thinks a corporation being run out of a basement and getting paid in cup noodles to hack North Korea for top lels is some sort of dream come true, but real people like to be proud of their work place.
>>
>>51734852

Of course. You also attract young talent, for them it's cool to have a play station there and some nice chairs, walls painted weirdly, ping pong table etc. Especially for those "hacker" types that have no other hobbies in life.
>>
>>51734819
I just don't like the fact that there Isn't any choice In browsers. You can have Chrome, which I can't stand because of It's memory leaks. Firefox Is good because of It's add-ons, IE sucks and Idfk what Opera Is doing. There Isn't any real innovation happening with browsers, chrome has looked the same since day one and Is botnet. And firefox changed to a new UI. There hasn't been anything groundbreaking In the past decade. I remember when I first learned about Firefox In 2003 and was amazed at how It stacked up against IE. Maybe I just want too much prioritization on web browsers. But It's 2015 and for the most part everything Is the same as It was In 2010.
>>
>>51735092
Well, what could a new browser implement that current browsers don't have?
>>
>>51735218
Tree style tabs.
>>
I don't see the problem OP.
>>
>not wanting the developers of the only not-100%-shit browser to be as well equipped as possible
>>
The non profit I work for receives close to 100 million a year from various sources.

And the inefficiency that goes on around here is unfucking believable.

I'm posting on 4Chan for God's sake. While I'm supposed to be reviewing shifty Indian contracted PHP code.
>>
>>51737057
Hire a shifty Indian to review the shifty Indian contracted PHP code.
>>
>>51734704
>in Europe shit gets done in Germany

And France, UK, Spain, Sweden, Italy...

Not to mention Eastern European outsourcing

But yeah nothing gets done in europe only in Germany xd
>>
>>51734779
Edge.

It's just good. Fast. Smooth.

Extensions, webm, and done.
>>
The only FOSS shit I've ever supported were Debian and Linux Mint.

I'd probably hate myself now if I ever donated to Mozilla in the past.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.