[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a weird situation on my hands that involves an samsung
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: samsung-1tb.png (755 KB, 850x635) Image search: [Google]
samsung-1tb.png
755 KB, 850x635
I have a weird situation on my hands that involves an samsung 840 evo that was bought off ebay (pic related). The drive is marked as 1TB, but hdparam lists it as a 120GB drive.

The serial numbers do not match..

Please tell me it isn't what I think it is, /g/.

:'(
>>
inspect screws!~
>>
>>51732752
some guy bought a 120GB drive and a 1TB drive, swapped the covers, and had himself a rube for breakfast.

gj fucko, get your money back while you can.
>>
>>51732752

It's exactly what you're thinking senpai.
>>
Plug it in and find out.

>implying you didn't get taken for a sucker
>>
>>51732752
Nigga got 2 drives.
Swapped the innards.
Sold you the 120gb.
Quick go to paypal and rescind the payment and go to ebay and do the same.
>>
>>51732763
Drive is pic related. The sticker that covers one of the screws doesn't seem to be tampered with.

>>51732774
I did. hdparam says it's not what the sticker says it is.
>>
>>51732819
This. Though I never personally had to make a dispute through ebay/paypal yet I've heard really good stories about people getting their money back.
>>
>>51732819
This drive was bought a long time ago (maybe half a year). How much time does paypal/ebay give you to rescind a payment?

Am I screwed?
>>
>>51732752

What kind of retard would be an 840 EVO now?

I'm not just talking about the slow-old-data problem. I'm talking about my own 840 EVO which, like many others, just became a dog slow piece of shit after about six months of use, irrespective of data age.
>>
>>51732857
HAH try anyways.
You have literally nothing too lose because you where too stupid not to check your packages the first time around and checking the sellers background transactions.
>>
>>51732864
I still have buyers remorse for mine too. I bought a Crucial for my laptop and it is so much faster and better than the 840EVO piece of trash in my desktop. Never a samsung for me again.
>>
ebay and paypal are in the buyers favor in 99% of disputes.
>>
>>51732904
>>51732879

Okay. I will do what I can. Thanks everyone for being helpful. Regardless what people say, /g/ really is the best reddit.
>>
>>51732857
You had forty-five (45) days to make a dispute through paypal/ebay.

Enjoy that "1 TB" drive :^)
>>
>>51732857
Half a year and only now you find out it is a fake drive?

Also why the fuck did you not get your money back after 40 days of not receiving the product?

I'm afraid you are stuck with your shitty purchase. You can try regardless though, maybe through goodwill they will help you anyway.
>>
>>51732857
You bought what you thought was a 1TB drive a long time ago, and you just now decided to take a look at it half a year later? I have difficultly believing anyone can be this stupid.
>>
>>51733013
>>51732998

I haven't had a chance to check it until today, and my previous 3 drives came through okay.

No bully plz.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.