[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What /g/ think about this podcast? "gosh you cant knock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: index.jpg (17 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
17 KB, 225x225
What /g/ think about this podcast?
"gosh you cant knock anything Steve jobs did, he certainly... what ever he did it worked"
Also are there any good tech podcasts?
>>
only thing from twit worth listening to is Security Now, even though he is constantly shilling spinrite
>>
I enjoy it.
Just don't take it too seriously or expect Leo to to sound like a master of all things parroting your world view.
>>
The techreport podcast is the only one that I didn't think was stupid.
Doesn't update very often (well it depends on how much stuff they've reviewed). Typically one is made once enough stuff is done to warrant one rather than on a schedule.
Which helps the quality.
>>
Started listening to stealthisshow. pretty dumb. just preaching to the choir.
>>
>>51732101
Leo's an idiot. After firing JCD, there's literally no reason to listen to the show anymore.
>>
>>51734104
this. he literally fired the guy for not buying into to ahmed clock meme
>>
>>51733895
Kek. I listened to Security Now for the first time over the weekend and he was shilling Spinrite. Is there anything wrong with it though? Is Spinrite something a sane and reasonable person would use on a regular basis?
>>
>>51734951
its fine software and it does a good job, but he's forced to shill it due to leo's pathetic $500 per show payment
>>
I like AAA.
The ratio of crap vs useful info in SN has made it too hard two listen to.
>>
http://gawker.com/the-king-of-tech-talk-showed-everyone-a-his-naked-di-1707162572
>>
File: 1422463258579.jpg (25 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
1422463258579.jpg
25 KB, 400x387
>>51734024
The tech report podcast is dead now scott has left, pcper is the only semi-decent tech podcast left.
>>
>>51733895
>>51734951

Well Steve Gibson wrote it, so why wouldn't he shill it?
>>
The WAN show! xD
>>
File: screensavers.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
screensavers.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>51732101
Tech TV was good, but it seems Leo has gotten to liberal in his older years, that and the constant praise to the cult of jobs...
>>
>>51732101

Paul's Security Weekly, 2600 Off the Hook, Southern Fried Security.
>>
>>51736738

And then just to round it off with the rest of my regular podcasts in case you just wnt good podcasts in genereal:

F This Movie!
Smodcast
Catholic Answers
The Catholic Guy
WDW Radio
Golden Horseshoe Review
and I forgot to add to the tech specific list: Hacker Public Radio
>>
>>51736785

Oh and 'Untitled" the tested podcast with Adam Savage though sometimes they can seem to be reaaaaally far up their own ass but I'm not sure if that is just me being jaded or something.
>>
>>51732101
I work literally two blocks from these fuckers. Never seen Leo's smug prick face downtown.

Security Now is okay, if you don't mind having to constantly question everything they say. Steve Gibson could use a bit more...incredulity, regarding the latest and greatest tech products. And he just sounds like a far out old coot, when he starts shilling his spin right for SSDs.

Yeah, the show is alright in small doses.
>>
>>51734951
he admitted that regular defragging does about the same and basically is a "poormans spinrite"
>>
>>51736803
Adam Savage panders to beta orbiters so he has to toe the feminist line on things. It's too bad he can't just leave politics out of the show since it is never relevant but that's the time we live in. I bet ten years from now he'll watch his shows from today and wonder why he was wearing the intellectual version of bellbottoms.
>>
I wish Leo would stop showing us his dick. Other than that its a good show

Oh, and it'd be nice if Kevin Rose was on again. He used to be on every second or third episode. And where the fuck has Dvorak been?
>>
>>51736785
Oh, we listing our regulars nigga?

NPR hourly news summary
The After Disaster
How did this get made
Film Vault
Adam Carolla Show
Joe Rogan Experience
Classic Loveline
Monday Morning Podcast
Stuff You should know
Ten Minute Podcast
This Week in Google
Fitzdog Radio
Edumacation
Getting Doug With High
Doug Loves Movies
Doug Loves Minis
Superego
Spontaneanation
Thrilling Adventure Hour
night vale
Smartest Man in the World
TWiT
Smodcast
Jay and Silent Bob Get Old
Talk Salad and Scrambled Eggs
Kill Tony
The Random Show
Dead Authors Podcast
The Bugle
Foundation
>>
>>51737322
Yeah, I've been wondering what happened to Dvorak.

Although he's a codger, he knows a decent amount about the 'business'.
>>
>>51737322
>>51738660
Leo banned Dvorak from all of his company's podcasts. John said the clock boy was a fraud, Leo toed the SJW line that the kid was a genius and that anyone who questioned his story was a Islamaphobe. So he informed Dvorak and the world of his banning by posting it on Twitter.

Now that it has turned out clock boy isn't a genius, Leo has revised his excuse for banning Dvorak, saying it is because John says bad things about the sponsors. Which is funny because it's an admission that Leo allows sponsors to determine the content of the shows, undermining their credibility.
>>
>>51740276
Where is the twit community? Is there a twit message board or subreddit? I'd like to bitch about this.
>>
>>51734104
so much this. only ever listened when jcd was on.
>>
Jupiter broadcasting. Linux action show, (#1 linux podcast) Linux unplugged, and coder radio. You can hear the 4chan influence in their voices. They constantly play funny RMS clips from a 2012 interview they did.
>>
Holy shit, this is still around? It's been years since I've listened to it. Trying to remember the name of the co-host that was around then.
>>
File: Steve_at_Nan_s_2010_400x400.png (228 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Steve_at_Nan_s_2010_400x400.png
228 KB, 400x400
AND NOW FOR ANOTHER TESTIMONIAL FROM ANOTHER HAPPY SPINRITE CUSTOMER
>>
File: hH6i4izt.jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
hH6i4izt.jpg
42 KB, 512x512
BUT BEFORE YOU DO THAT STEVE HOW ABOUT A WORD FROM OUR SPONSOR AUDIBLE DOT CAWM

GOSH I JUST LOVE AUDIBLE DOT CAWM AND AUDIBLE DOT CAWM IS JUST PERFECT FOR GEEKS LIKE ME
>>
siracusa or bust
>>
>>51735017
Is that how much Steve gets paid for SN? Sounds pretty good for what is essentially a supplemental side gig.
>>
>>51736342
Thinks the iPad pro is huge, calls the Apple Watch a flop, constantly derides his Mac Pro. Yep, he'deep into the kool aid.

>>51736908
You expect him to have a parade every day?

>>51737322
It's up to Kevin if he wants to be on. He's too busy being richer than Leo and blogging about watches.
>>
>>51737426
Nerdist
We have concerns
Final level
Girl on guy
Radiolab
Freakonomics
Oral argument
Damn interesting
Probably science
Alton Browncast (think he stopped though)
>>
>>51737006

No, but that's also met with the recovery side of spinwrite as well.
>>
>>51743440
>it's a thinly veiled ad for Spinrite episode

SEE HERE'S THE THING LEO, UH THIS WEEK I'VE GOT A SLIGHT RETRACTION TO MAKE
>>
>>51732101
I personally like BSD Now
>>
Leo is of the opinion that building your own PC is dumb and a waste of money these days because manufacturers can get parts for much cheaper than you can.

I just... can't.
>>
>>51743464
I recogize ur posts anon
>>
Anyone know any cool podcasts about computers

I just want to listen to people talk about the history of computers and things like that or a podcast that talks about what cool shit could be done like AI and things like that

I can't seem to find any
>>
>>51742797
>Linux action show
wow how can anyone listen to that trash
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.