[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT post your rejection letters and we make you feel better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: kimochi.jpg (158 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
kimochi.jpg
158 KB, 700x700
ITT post your rejection letters and we make you feel better

> I hope you are well.
>
> I have heard back from Amazon, and unfortunately they will not be moving forward with your application at this time. Although they felt you were good at being able to identify the direct business impact that a failure of a project would have had, they felt that you lacked understanding of various data structures ad OO programming compared with the level that they are looking for. They also felt that you did not convey a strong sense of ownership as well. I am sorry to have to give you this feedback. If you have any questions regarding this, please let me know.
>
> If I have any other positions that match what you are looking for, I will be sure to reach out to you.

Kind regards,
>>
>>51731557
I had a similar rejection letter from a different company. Really though they just didn't want to hire a male. Their entire office was entirely female and I guess I was there just to fill some quota for interviews.
>>
>>51731557
>a strong sense of ownership
???
>>
File: 1439873390909.png (205 KB, 420x426) Image search: [Google]
1439873390909.png
205 KB, 420x426
>>51731607
Corporate psychobabble for lack of confidence. OP probably avoided bragging openly about accomplishments on his resume like a beta faggot.
>>
>Congratulations! We have finalized our decision and have selected you for our intern position.
>I have sent all of your information to [removed]. He is a recruiter here at [removed] and will handle getting you employed.
>If you do not hear from him with a formal offer, please get back to me.

>We are looking forward to having you join the team.

feels so fucking bad man
>>
>>51731557
Don't worry bud, keep applying and you'll find something.
>>
>>51731673
why
>>
>>51731557
It is just fucking Amazon.

I mean if you want to be a code monkey that does nothing more than pump out shit corporate code and make ads and browser games to scam people out of their money then go ahead and cry.
>>
All of mine have been the bullshit not moving forward ones like OP, but this one was a little different:

>Thank you for your interest in our Technical Services Associate position, we received over 75 applications from many qualified individuals and have made a selection. We will keep your resume on file to be considered our next available position.

Thank you,

[name], [job title]
>>
>>51731751
I think it was Daijob that posts the number of applicants... One time I applied to an English Teacher job in Japan, and there were several hundred applications.
>>
>>51731788
I think this one was an aquatic ecosystem consulting company, which is actually one of my favorite parts of ecology so it was a bummer.

They called it technical services associate but I think it was basically a fancy word for ditch-digging sample collector.
>>
>>51731582
>Really though they just didn't want to hire a male
whatever makes you sleep at night m8
>>
File: 1444773825174.jpg (434 KB, 2848x2136) Image search: [Google]
1444773825174.jpg
434 KB, 2848x2136
>>51731824
There was not a single male at the company. It's pretty obvious that they don't value diversity at that point.
>>
>>51731557
>They also felt that you did not convey a strong sense of ownership as well.

LOL

Such bullshit.

Companies want you to show ownership of projects. You're supposed to take them very personally and tie you ego to them. But you're not supposed to blink when they get shitcanned after a year because a mid-level manager three degrees away didn't like something about it. Oh, and stop fucking with the code, it's not your code, it's the team's code. Oh, and we're firing you now because we decided to move onto something different.

Remember to always shows absolute loyalty to the company, but make sure not to shed a tear when they give you a pink slip because the PM shit talked you after you called him out on some bullshit feature that would undermine the entire product.
>>
Man I don't even get rejection letters
>>
>>51731882
why did you even bother applying then?
You know they're not gonna hire a single male to complement their all-female staff especially if you're not 10/10 attractive.
>>
>>51731896

Well then maybe they could hire him to compliment their all-female staff.
>>
>>51731885
This is the problem with millenials. You never want to take one for the team. It's why no one trains people anymore. The minute they get your skills up to snuff you immediately switch to a different company because "lol i'm speshul." Fuck all of you.
>>
>>51731931
what if he's ugly?
>>
>>51731935
there's no point in company loyalty because the company doesn't give a shit about you either
go move to japan if you still think a person should be loyal to their same company for their entire working career just because the company spent money on training them
>>
>>51731935
> take one for the team
> altruism in this day and age

maybe if humans were directly evolved from ants
>>
>>51731935
>This is the problem with millenials

I wrote that. I'm Gen X.

I watched a company buy the company I worked at and put up big banners that said things to the effect of, "always remember to do what's best for the company!" It was exactly like Office Space.

They discontinued the pension plan. They reduced bonuses. The new owner sucked all the profits out, so there was zero money for R&D. He rolled over in a patent lawsuit despite having endless prior art.

I watched the new MBA culture come to town, and it was shitty.
>>
>>51731948
>o move to japan if you still think a person should be loyal to their same company for their entire working career just because the company spent money on training them

That hardly applies to anyone in Japan anymore. Maybe the post-war generation, but that's about it.

That said, holy shit are they worried about leaving a company too quickly. My ex stayed at a horrendously abusive workplace because she was terrified that "only" working there for three years would be a huge black mark on her resume.
>>
I just get ignored and when I call back a week later they say lol no
>>
>>51731557
This is what you get for going to a shit college.
>>
what the fuck i didn't even get rejection letters back when i was unemployed, they just outright ignored me
>>
>>51732075

That's normal.
>>
>>51732075
More than half of mine are ignored.

I'm employed right now but I average ~1-2 submissions a day.
>>
>>51731935

le millenom meme
>>
boy am i glad i dont have to deal with that bullshit anymore
been at work for almost two hours and still havn't doen anything besides shitposting 4chan
>>
>Have extremely well known company on my resume as a real software engineer
>Be in a niche field that other fortune 500 companies are just now expanding into
Sorry you keklels fucked up. I didn't even have to go to college and I make 110 a year :)
>>
>>51732380
what niche?
>>
>>51731935
You realize millennials covers all 15-35 year olds, correct? When did people start using this as an insult?
>>
>>51731882
I don't think you'd want to work in a company of all females whose periods are synced. Not only that, female office politics are utter shit in my experience.
>>
>>51732687
Tongue-fucking the anuses of niggers
>>
>>51733007
How do I get into it?
>>
Can I post letters of rejection from the POV of an employer?
---
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to apply to Logical Increments. We received many applicants and unfortunately, you were not selected for interviews a this time.

Thank you for your interest and best of luck in your job search.

Yours,
The Falcon
---
Felt bad to reject so many people, but I could only hire one.
>>
At least you got feedback;

-Fill out initial resume/questionnaire.
-Do online testing of numeracy and literacy, score 97% and 100% [I suspect the single question I got wrong was because I used π and not 3.14 for a calculation, and the automated marking couldn't discern the difference]
-Have a phone interview, manage not to sperg out and have it go quite well.

>Thank you for your interest in employment with Rio Tinto, however on this occasion we have not progressed your application.
>Do not reply to this email
>>
>>51734361
They found a sperg that they could train like a dog and pay less
>>
>>51734361
What happens if you actually reply?
>>
>>51734290
Why do you even need to hire people? Don't you just update referral links every month?

>>51734361
>used pi instead of 3.14
Something similar happened to me when testing my engineering skills. Fucking idiots. I am still butthurt.
>>
>>51731974
>I watched the new MBA culture come to town, and it was shitty.

Fucking THIS. MBA's who know NOTHING about the real world come storming into management positions fresh out of the classroom and turn companies into shitholes that no one WANTS to work for any more.

Then they complain that it's all the workers' faults. These are the people who refuse to spend a cent to train their employees, and then claim there's a "skills shortage" so they can hire H1B's instead for half the money and none of the benefits.

All while paying themselves ridiculous bonuses with the money they ripped out of the employees benefits.
>>
Mine isn't as much rejection as it was me passing on it.

For background, they told me they couldn't hire me without me studying something, so they offered to pay for a CSS/HTML/JScript complete course, it was like 500€ for that thing.

But after the initial interview where we said that, they changed the course for a Telephone Attendant/ISO9001 standarization thing.

Also they only offered me 100€/month.

Still salty about it.
>>
Have a phone interview for an internship position at cool company doing iOS dev after they saw my resume. How far along am I in the process, /g/?
>>
>>51736323
I'm just talking to HR person. Not sure if it will be casual or not or what to expect. Any ideas?
>>
>tfw someone doesn't even make the effort to reject you, just lets the slience do it.
I don't even feel the sting of it anymore, fuck the lot of them.
>>
>>51731557
that's the part where you buy some random $2000 item and claim it never arrived op
>>
>>51736387
I feel like at some point they should've created some method for proving these claims false when they are.
>>
>>51736323
>cool company
>ios 'dev'
You sound like you will fit right in you little poof
>>
>>51731582
Fucking hypocrite women.
>>
>>51736506
lol bcuz he's gey! i get it!!
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.