[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When was the last time you made an improvement to your free software,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: NSA_forum_sliding_v1637.jpg (269 KB, 726x1580) Image search: [Google]
NSA_forum_sliding_v1637.jpg
269 KB, 726x1580
When was the last time you made an improvement to your free software, /g?/
>>
>>51722997
>When was the last time you made an improvement to your free software, /g?/

A couple of months ago

>your
Not mine though. All ours
>>
>>51723030
I say "your" because you don't have to share your improvements with anyone else
>>
I don't see what's changed, though, you still only have 2 doors, one of which could be a car and one of which could be a goat?
>>
>stupid goat picture
>318 replies and 52 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>51722997
actually fuck you

>>51723133
You'd think so, but, the puzzle hinges on the fact that after picking a door, the host then opens one of the doors that has a goat behind it, and cannot open the door that has the car.

So what you get is:

1/3 chance of picking the door with the car initially
2/3 chance of picking a door with a goat initially

If you picked the door with the car (1/3), the door the host doesn't open will have a goat

If you picked a door with a goat (2/3), the door the host doesn't open will have the car

Therefore switching is to your advantage, as you were more likely to pick one of the doors with a goat initially, in which case the third door will have the car
>>
>>51723155
This one's different though
The solution is still the same, I think
>>
Stay, because the back of the goat of the third door will be on the second door ;) /s

Switch is the best way to win.
>>
>>51723204
Read it again
It doesn't say there are 2 goats and 1 car, it says there might be cars behind the doors, or there might not be
So it could be 2 cars, 1 goat instead
Or no cars at all, or no goats to begin with
>>
ITT: /g/ can't into probability

>>51723204
This one got it

>>51723242
Fuck off with your autism, it's clearly going to be the monty hall problem and not some semi-autistic troll/bait redefinition
>>
>>51723285
>Each of these doors may or may not have a car behind them.
>The rest of the doors have goats behind them.
From the image
>>
why, my peanus weanus of course :)

hahah! :D

it's my weeeeeenus peanus! :) hahah

ITT: whether I would switch doors or not - my answer is, of course, my peanus weenus :D

hahaha!
>>
>>51723242
Oh you're right

If there's 0 cars, you lose regardless, 1 car and my explanation applies, 2 cars and the scenario's reversed (you shouldn't switch), 3 cars and he's going to be forced reveal a car nomatter what.

That said there's no right or wrong choice unless you know how likely it is there'll be 0, 1, 2 or 3 cars.
>>
>>51723204
Mathematically correct but physically incorrect. It still comes down to a 50% chance.
>>
>>51723369
>2 cars and the scenario's reversed (you shouldn't switch)
Why shouldn't you switch?
>>
>>51723440
wait nvm u rite
>>
>>51723480
So wouldn't you switch no matter what, anyway?
>>
>>51723523
yeah, regardless of the number of cars/goats, you're still better-off switching
>>
>>51723242
Still better to switch.
>>
I can't program, but I've switchd to Trisquel and try to recommend open source and freedom respecting softwae and stay away from using Skype
>>
I regularly fix/improve Node.js modules I use but I never pass the changes on the the community.
>>
>>51723649
Why not?
>>
Oh look the same faggot keeps coming back and posting slightly off topic generic posts with the bait monty hall image to try to pretend he matters.
>>
>>51726758
Hi OP, nice save it almost left the board
>>
>>51723204
Thanks anon, now I understand why to switch
>>
>>51725474
Community is SJW cancer.
>>
www.kernel dot org/doc/linux/MAINTAINERS

im on this list.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.