[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I keep windows 10 or reinstall windows 7? Just got a new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 600x300
Should I keep windows 10 or reinstall windows 7? Just got a new laptop.

I really don't like windows 10, but everyone is telling me not to "downgrade".
>>
bump.

Really? Nothing?

You all are so fucking useless.
>>
>>51722916
If you're not having issues with W10 just keep it.
>>
>>51722580
Install Gentoo.
>>
Windows 10 you piece of shit.
>>
>>51722916
Patience op....
If the spyware bs on windows 10 does not bother you then I see no reason to downgrade. If you feel more comfortable in windows 7 just go for it. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
>>
>>51722937
My graphics driver keeps crashing, and this is a fresh laptop.

I mean at this point what do I do? Sending it back seems extreme.

Should I reinstall windows 10 if I've already got one bluescreen?

I am so fucking mad right now.

>>51722939
I'm going to make a virtual drive of (probably) Gentoo. My issue is if I want to use Windows 7 or 10 as my main OS.
>>
File: 1392699243075.gif (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1392699243075.gif
11 KB, 300x300
>I really don't like windows 10
so do it
> but everyone is telling me not to "downgrade"
so don't
>>
what laptop?
>>
>>51722964
It does. FUCK YOU CORTANA YOU FUCKNIF DBHZFJDJGFJ

If I use a virtual machine and put linux on it, can I keep files on it and will they be safe? Or will Microsoft still have access to my files even if I do that? Can I even do that.

Forgive me I'm a scrub and I'm absolutely pissed right now.
>>
>>51722989
It's an ASUS ROG
>>
>>51722916
go to /SQT/ fucktard, this isn't your personal tech support/advice board
>>
>>51722580
stop being such a horrendous faggot, OP. do some fucking homework and formulate your own opinion. you already said you don't like the fucking thing, that's good enough. fuck man. don't call others useless when you are worse. go fuck yourself you fucking piece of worthless shit.
>>
>>51722951
Stallman go away
>>
>>51722980
Is it a Skylake laptop? It's an Intel driver issue. It has fuck all to do with Windows version.
>>
>>51723476
I'm fuming angry mate. I've been working on this all day. I know I'm coming off detestable as fuck, all those insults are merited.

Thing is, I've done my homework. There's good reasons to stick with 10, but there are good reasons to go back to 7.

I'm just looking for opinions/input. This isn't necessarily about tech advice.
>>
File: Kek.jpg (32 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Kek.jpg
32 KB, 600x600
>>51723804
Is advice not an opinion anymore?
>>
>>51723112
yeah make that fucktard go away. then we fit in more shitty threads
>>
>>51723065
The vm will be treated just as if it was a normal windows installation , if windows is essential you could disable networking and store all files on a USB or something
>>
>>51723065
Sorry I misread your reply. The Linux vm will not be anymore secure the bs will prevail. For example Microsoft can still take screenshots and see what your typing and shit just like its any other programming. Using a vm with Linux as the base would be preferred
>>
>>51722580
If they're telling you not to downgrade then that should be your answer, just upgrade to Windows 7.
>>
>>51725624
This is what I wanted to hear. You've helped me more than anyone in this thread. Thank you.

>>51725771
Since it eventually will no longer be supported, won't that put me at risk in the future from vulnerabilities? I feel like that trumps the spyware issues with 10, but I may be wrong.
>>
>>51722580
i use win10 for gaming on my desktop, and my android tablet for elite hacking, and my thinkpad for injecting packets for elite hacking, and my other 6 thinkpads for super hacking
>>
>>51723804
just dual boot and get on with your life. For fucks sake, anon.
>>
>>51725624
>using a vm with Linux as the base would be preferred

For an Asus ROG? What a fucking shitty idea. OP, don't expect to get any gayming or engineering graphics performance in a VM of windows. Unless your lappy does IOMMU and can pass through the GPU to a QEMU guest.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.