[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/! I don't know if this is right place to ask, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: FUCKINGSHIIT.jpg (60 KB, 552x457) Image search: [Google]
FUCKINGSHIIT.jpg
60 KB, 552x457
Hey /g/! I don't know if this is right place to ask, but I'm having some issues with my harddrive. I have an old Samsung harddrive. This problem actually started many years ago when i was running windows 7 (see picture). After some time this message stopped appearing and I did not think any more of it. Two days ago I updated to windows 10 and reformated my whole pc, and this message started appearing again.My system is old and shit, but this is bothering me. Anybody know how I can fix this? Doing the backup process does not seem to work.

tl;dr: How do i fix issue in pic.
Google gives me jack shit.
>>
>>51717288
forgot to mention that the message also tells "dont ask me again". This is kind of what i want to do because ive had the problem for so long and nothing has really happened yet.
Sry bad english
>>
>>51717288
backup your shits to an other drive, buy a new one and replace the defective drive.

Because yes you could "repair/isolate" damaged sectors but il will only be temporary, youll have to replace it anyway.
>>
read the sticky before posting
>>
>>51717316
I have done this. So basically the thing I have to do is to buy a new harddrive?
>>
>>51717326
At what board would this fit?
>>
>>51717349
ya, it would be the best/simpler thing to do imho.
And if reinstalling all your stuff bother you, you can clone your drive with clonezilla and copy it to the new drive and spare you some time.
>>
it literally happened to me 3 weeks ago your hdd is almost dead,coincidence mine was also a samsung.id give it 2 or 3 more days of life
>>
>>51717360
Google
>>
>>51717531
it's a lottery, one of my last drive that failed lasted over a year trowing these kind of errors.
>>
>>51717288
Back up your data to a different drive and replace the faulty one. This isn't a software error, it's a warning that your HDD is fucked.
>>
>>51717360
>/g/ is not your personal tech support team
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.