[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Salvaged iMac 21"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_2558.jpg (126 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2558.jpg
126 KB, 640x480
Hey guys, I know we get a lot of hate on here for Apple products but I think this is an okay exception. A family member "upgraded" to the new generation of iMac because their old one's motherboard broke. They were going to toss the whole thing but i salvaged a good amount of the componenets.

-2.5GHz Quad-Core i5 2400S Sandy Bridge
-WD Caviar Blue 500GB
-4GB Laptop DDR3
-Not sure which one but an AMD GPU
-Standard iMac Power Supply

What to do with this stuff? Should I sell on Ebay/Craigslist?(San Diego area anyone?) I think I could probably piece together a build with the CPU + HDD on the cheap. I could upgrade my main computer and use the old components to build a second comp. Any ideas guys?
>>
>>51716068
would this processor be a bottleneck to a GTX 760 2GB?
>>
bump;

everyone too busy shitposting in the programming general?
>>
File: oplovescawk.jpg (16 KB, 350x318) Image search: [Google]
oplovescawk.jpg
16 KB, 350x318
>>51716430
>>
>>51716564
intellectual post there my friend. Jesus christ I haven't been on here in years but it really is as bad as people have been saying. So fucking autistic. Looks like the millennials are growing up. Fuck....
>>
>>51716721
A fittingly intellectual reply to your stupid fucking thread. How should we know what YOU should do with the parts? Decide for yourself you fucking entitled baby.
>>
>>51716721
get triggered
>>
>>51716759
>you fucking entitled baby

trying to start conversation about something is entitled now? Fucking kill yourself you stupid fucking degenerate.
>>
>>51717062
That's not, but demanding that people reply to your thread definitely is. Ironic that you call others millennials when you're showing millennial levels of entitlement right now.
>>
>>51716068
>>51716068
Identify the graphics card, you can get good money from good MXM GPUs.

PSU is worthless, keep it for parts

CPU is charity. Got friends? Do they need computer? Acquire old shitty 1155 board and bring them the internet for christmas this year.

RAM can be sold on ebay or craigs list. Check HDD for realocated sectors and other faults, if they are good, sell it unless you need the storage space or the above situation with friend and 2400 actually exists, then use it in his/her new computer.
>>
File: 1448540156349.jpg (26 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1448540156349.jpg
26 KB, 600x450
>>51716068
>desktop computer
>laptop components
>>
File: IMG_0015.jpg (415 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0015.jpg
415 KB, 2048x1536
>>51716068
just took my imac apart because a disc was stuck in the fucking DVD drive
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.