[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fell for the qBittorrent meme. What do I replace this piece
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 11
File: qbittorrent.png (49 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
qbittorrent.png
49 KB, 340x340
>stalled
>stalled
>STALLED
>STALLED
>STILL STALLED

When will it end, /g/? Why are open source torrent clients so bad? I just wanted to support FOSS.
>>
>>51715782
>I just wanted to support
>by being a piece of shit thief

Good job, /b/.
>>
Why do people say this? Are you doing something unlike me? I've been using "qstalledtorrent" on Windows, Linux and BSD for fucking ages. It works fine?
>>
just stall my shit up senpai
>>
>>51715824
>downloading movies
>stealing

Please go back to the MTV forums.
>>
Had stall issue too senpai, transmission-qt seems to be decent.
>>
>>51715782
this shit deleted 30+ torrents from private trackers. Good thing I had a back up
Trash/10
>>
File: 1398518836811.jpg (169 KB, 1016x970) Image search: [Google]
1398518836811.jpg
169 KB, 1016x970
>>51715824
>>
>>51715840
It's called qStalledmeme
>>
>>51715782
rtorrent
>>
>>51715782
>support FOSS
You don't support FOSS using open aource software you do it donating. Although not being computer illiterate could help a little.
>>
>>51715865
>this shit deleted 30+ torrents from private trackers

I lost over 100 torrents when the power went out because I used qBittorrent.

Fucking thing is like a house of cards. It can't even keep torrents loaded during a shutdown.
>>
>he thinks qb can magically download torrents with no seeders
>>
>>51715859
>transmission-qt seems to be decent.

I hope the upcoming official Windows build will be a lot more optimized.
>>
>>51715881
>download torrent with 40 seeds
>qStalledmeme says it's stalled for 5 minutes before it finds a peer.

Fuck this piece of shit.
>>
You are now viewing a bait thread. Enjoy your stay.
>>
>>51715881
>no seeders

There's lots of seeders but it still stalls.
>>
>>51715782
if qbittorrent is stalling, you're doing something wrong. i've been using it for years and it only stalls if there are no seeds, for obvious reasons.
maybe your ISP blocks torrenting or all of your trackers are unreachable.
>>
>>51715901
Is that meme real? I've been using it for years and never had a single problem.
>>
>>51716223
>Is that meme real?

It's not a meme. Look at the qBittorrent forums.

https://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,4011.0.html
https://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,3987.0.html
>>
File: drinking dolphin.jpg (11 KB, 250x234) Image search: [Google]
drinking dolphin.jpg
11 KB, 250x234
>>51715782
>not using transmission
kill yourself
>>
I just want it to STOP properly. Like legit, everytime I boot up and my torrents are in a different folder "missing files" fuck you! Just stay paused/stopped.
>>
Just use transmission
>>
Any news on when the Official Transmission Windows beta is released?
>>
>2012+3
>Not using Tixati
No one but yourself to blame.
>>
>>51716606
>using closed software
>using closed software that looks like it was made in 95 while still using more resources than fucking deluge

No thanks. I'm not a fag.
>>
File: 1448886438442.png (36 KB, 966x357) Image search: [Google]
1448886438442.png
36 KB, 966x357
>>
>>51715840
People are just retarded and blame user error on the torrent client.
>>
works fine for me desu
>>
Stop setting upload to 0.
>>
File: qbittorent_stalled.png (193 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
qbittorent_stalled.png
193 KB, 1920x1080
I've been using qbittorrent for a few years now and this happened with the last update. I always thought it was an unfortunate vocal minority.
So it's Transmission time and it has been good as expected. I don't know if it has labels or tags, I would like native RSS feeds, and I don't know what happens if I rename my shit, or if there are any rechecking options. Other than that, it's great. I should use it more on Linux.
>>
Doesn't "stalled" simply mean that there's noone seeding at the moment? Any other client would "download" at 0kb/s instead of saying "stalled".

I don't get this maymay. qBittorrent is a good client.
>>
>>51715840
I used to occasionally get a torrent stall that worked when I opened it with deluge, but after a while I realised I hadn't updated qbittorrent in a long time and the update fixed it.
>>
I've used qbit for about five years and never had a single issue. You all must be shit with computers or live in shithole third world countries with no internet like Pakistan or America.
>>
>>51716845
they probably never opened the options menu and hit the default connection limit or something stupid like that
>>
never had a problem with stalling.. though i have had a problem with i/o errors but rarely

qB is the best utorrent alternative.. no way in hell im installing utorrent with all the backdoor shit they install
>>
>>51716795
Yes
>>
>>51715782
WILL WE EVER STOP BITCHNG ABOUT QBITORRENT IN THIS BOARD

EVERY

FUCKING

WEEK

USE IT IF YOU WANT, DON'T USE IT IF YOU DON'T

END OF FUCKING DISCUSSION

THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO LIFE

GET THE FUCK OUT OF YOUR ROOM
>>
Do you think the stalled meme threads, thermal paste threads and anti-adblock threads are created by the same annoying troll?

I do
>>
whats this stall meme lads
>>
>>51716790
its because there are no seeds you stupid weeb
>>
>>51716594
>Any news on when the Official Transmission Windows beta is released?

Nobody knows yet. It's coming in a matter of weeks though.
>>
>>51716790
>I've been using qbittorrent for a few years now and this happened with the last update. I always thought it was an unfortunate vocal minority.

We told you not to use it.
>>
I've used it for years and defended it on this board many times before, but a few weeks back torrents were starting and stopping every so often for no apparent reason. At first I thought it was just my ISP was doing something strange, but downloading the same torrents with Deluge didn't have any issues whatsoever. Most official responses on the subject suggested a problem with writing to disk and sure enough the write stat does indicate such a problem. There are enough things for me to call bullshit on that explanation. The same symptoms occurred on an SSD and a wiped mechanical drive, so not fragmentation or anything like that, and that things worked perfectly prior to this and other clients continue to not have the same problem. Basically I have fast drives and shit internet which somehow equates to not being able to write downloaded data to disk fast enough and is supposed to explain why qBT stops every five seconds.

It's a thing where you're probably going to dismiss it completely until it happens to you. I'm not even sure if this problem is the same as the stalling thing everyone else complains about, but there we are.
>>
>>51716873
>qB is the best utorrent alternative..

Too bad its a buggy piece of shit that gives I/O errors.
>>
File: qbittorrent_stalled_bakabt.png (189 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
qbittorrent_stalled_bakabt.png
189 KB, 1920x1080
>>51716912
Here you go, you piece of shit. First and third most seeded torrents on bakabt doing absolutely nothing. I downgraded several days ago and everything was fine except breaking hundreds of torrents that were already done.
>>
>>51717023
>I'm not even sure if this problem is the same as the stalling thing everyone else complains about, but there we are.

It's the same thing. qBittorrent is a fucking buggy piece of shit that /g/ got meme'd into because of the uTorrent bitcoin miner scare where people were scrambling for an alternative.
>>
is utorrent 2.1.1 still viable?
>>
>>51717048
Why the fuck would you even use qBittorrent when Transmission has none of the issues that qBittorrent has?

rtorrent and ktorrent also work well.
>>
>>51717076
>is utorrent 2.1.1 still viable?

Yes, if by viable you mean you want your computer to get pwned from the security holes.
>>
>>51717095
good to know.
>>
>>51716594
>Official Transmission Windows
Wtf if this "Official Transmission Windows" shit?
I am using Transmission windows client to connect to my ubuntu based transmission server and everything works fucking fine. Whats going to change with this official windows crap?
>>
>>51717048

>Peers
>0
>>
Just use bit torrent, if I remember there's a way to remove ads.
>>
uTorrent/BitTorrent - known malware/adware and data miner
Tixati - doesn't respect freedoms
qBittorrent - various I/O bugs including stalling
Transmission - good, official windows port on the way
Deluge - works, but helluva ugly
libtorrent/ktorrent - too difficult for the average torrent user
Vuze/Bitlord/etc - kill yourself
>>
Any other reason why Tixati is bad without resorting to >muh freedumbz ?
>>
>>51717129
>>Wtf if this "Official Transmission Windows" shit?

The current Transmission Qt is unofficial and done by a 3rd party. Soon, there will be an official Transmission client for Windows, made by the original devs. It is not known if it will replace the old Qt port.
>>
>>51717605

You forgot mentioning Deluge is bloated Python crap
Also where's rtorrent?
>>
>>51717605
>>51717605
Fucking dumbass, bittorrent only has viruses in the installation, you can refuse those installs, and do you really care what they do with your fucking data?
>>
>>51717048
>Not working
if it can't reach the tracker, it's obviously gonna stall
>>
File: 1331165983240.jpg (76 KB, 818x768) Image search: [Google]
1331165983240.jpg
76 KB, 818x768
>>51717780

>and do you really care what they do with your fucking data?

Uh yes, yes I do.
>>
>>51717709
Tixati is fast, lightweight and works well. That was the description of uTorrent once upon a time and look at it now. If the Tixati devs go rogue as well there is nothing you can do to prevent it. With free software on the other hand that's never going to be a problem.
>>
>>51717978
>Tixati is fast, lightweight and works well.

No. It's a bloated piece of shit.
>>
>>51718034
Oh, okay. I've never actually used it btw, just repeating what I read on wiki.
>>
>>51718059
Glad you admit to being a parrot and misinforming people with no direct knowledge of what you are talking about. People like you are going to have a bright future of unemployment and failure ahead of you.
>>
>>51715782
use deluge
>>
>>51718104
I haven't used Tixati but I've used the rest and generally know what I'm talking about. Everything else I've said is completely true. The one time I borrow info from elsewhere and it's allegedly wrong. Not like I can trust your word for it either. Now I have to actually try fucking Tixati to find out whether it's crap or not. Thanks for that.
>>
>>51717780
stupid bittorrent shill fucking neck yourself

fucking paid shills go back to >>>/biz/
>>
>>51718164
>The one time I borrow info from elsewhere

You mean parroting shit like a fucking retard.

People like you should be banned from /g/ and banned from any kind of job. Fucking parroting idiots.
>>
>>51718196
That's how information spreads, bro.

u mad?
>>
>>51717048
You are fucking retarded. qBT can't connect to the tracker you dumb fuck. I have been using qBT for years and I never had a torrent stall on me. It's probably because all you retards have a shitty internet connection. Get you shitty fucking asses over to fucking europe where 50K internet is cheap as shit so you retards are fucking connectable. Also open up your ports you dumb fucks.
>>
Doesn't stalled just mean it cant find enough peers? Wouldnt this not make a difference regardless of client?
>>
>>51718430
It doesn't. No torrent client can magically download from nothing.
>>
Is it too much trouble to click force download everytime it stalls?
>>
>>51718380
i live in sweden and i've never had faster internet than 5 mb/s

go fuck yourself muslim nigger
>>
>>51718792
>says the swede
>>
File: 1447887421380.jpg (826 KB, 2182x1635) Image search: [Google]
1447887421380.jpg
826 KB, 2182x1635
>>51718807
Sup Schlomo, feeling afraid of nationalism rising in Europe?
>>
>>51716890
You must be new here. /g/ is not mentally equipped to to just live and let live. The board would cease to exist if they were.
>>
>>51718830
I don't live in Europe.
>>
>>51715782

Huh? I have never had any problems.
>>
>>51715782
Right click, force resume. You're welcome.
>>
>>51715782
This pos keeps stalling and dropping my wireless connection. Load up a magnet/.torrent,
>stalled
>3 minutes later
>downloading
>everything seems ok
>tab out, watch something/play vidya
>tab in 40mins later to check status
>19% STALLED
>connection dropped

Fucking every time. Cheesus even uTorrent was better, thanks /g/
>>
>>51717605
Use rtorrent or an old version utorrent.
>>
>>51715782
> have complete and incomplete folder
> everything stays in incomplete

> add force start feature
> it does not really work as force start

:^)
>>
Only Bakabt torrents don't work on qBittorrent, I just use a alternative that works such as Deluge
>>
>>51720108
What?
I just downloaded something off BakaBT without any problems.
>>
>>51720133
Good for you then
>>
>>51720147
Y-You too.
>>
>>51720108
qBittorrent worked with Baka since v3 or so.
I have been using it with Baka for a looong time.

You fucked up.
>>
>>51720251
I fucked your mom up
>>
>>51720320
le jokester XD
>>
>>51717076
Yes. Still the best client.
>>
File: laughing-man.jpg (25 KB, 420x312) Image search: [Google]
laughing-man.jpg
25 KB, 420x312
>>51715782
>2015
>using torrents
>using FOSS
You should've seen it coming.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.