[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apple is delusional
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: appleisfullofshit.png (63 KB, 890x664) Image search: [Google]
appleisfullofshit.png
63 KB, 890x664
First major computer company?

Holy shit they are full of shit. I'm so tired of these hipster macfags thinking they invented things that have been around for ages. So you released a language. Big fucking deal, there are hundreds out there.

Fuck apple.
>>
File: 1444157380777.gif (307 KB, 339x279) Image search: [Google]
1444157380777.gif
307 KB, 339x279
>>
>>51709465
Agreed.
>tfw this is what all normies and script kiddies will grow up thinking.
>>
Babbys first red pill
>>
>>51709515

>HEY ANON HAVE YOU HEARD OF APPLE'S NEW INVENTION
>IT'S CALLED OPEN SOURCES, THEY'RE BASICALLY SAVING THE WORLD
>I LOVE APPLE SO MUCH, DON'T YOU ANON?
>STEVE JOBS IS MY HERO
>>
>>51709465
>read pic
>rage
>wait a second
>not even apple is this fucking pretentious, OP must have shopped it
>google to find the original
>find https://www.apple.com/opensource/
>"As the first major computer company to make Open Source development a key part of its ongoing software strategy, Apple remains committed to the Open Source development model."
>find https://developer.apple.com/opensource/
>"Apple, the first major computer company to make Open Source development a key part of its software strategy, continues to use and release significant quantities of open source software."
>it's legit
FUCK
U
C
K
>>
>>51709639

>tfw marketing revisionist history
>>
>>51709537
Baby? Baby?!? Nigger don't know?!?! That's Spanky from little rascals! Read a book jeez!
>>
What is Red Hat?
What is Netscape?
>>
Can someone send this to stallman?
>>
>>51709465
Apple has been contributing to open source software from the very first days.
>>
>>51710029
How?
>>
>>51709465
I don't think you read the statement or maybe you're just Indian and obviously don't understand English.
>>
>new generation of cutting-edge apps
I'm sold desu
>>
I don't think you people are reading the paragraph correctly.
>>51709928
Those two companies were founded after Apple, try again
>>
>Linux retards can't even read one paragraph of text correctly
>>
>>51709465
i'm vomiting uncontrollably
>>
>>51710252
>Those two companies were founded after Apple, try again

Founding dates don't have any bearing on whether Apple is "the first major computer company to make Open Source development a key part of its ongoing software strategy". That's a non-sequitur.
>>
>>51710320
There's not enough naked anime children to keep their attention.
>>
>>51710030
Provide examples.
>>
File: Apple Samsung.jpg (69 KB, 698x376) Image search: [Google]
Apple Samsung.jpg
69 KB, 698x376
>>51709465
where would we be without apple?
>>
>>51710169
[email protected]. He responds to almost anyone that isn't a troll. If any anon has the time to email him, he'd probably legit get very angry at this.
>>
>>51710435
4 inch deep, 5 pounds, 1024x768, usb2 + dvd player 3 hour battery life laptops.

that's where we'd still be if not for apple.
>>
>>51709465
Do you know how to fuckign Oxford?
>Apple, the first major computer company to make Open Source development a key part of its software strategy
>not
>Apple, the first major computer company, continues to use and release significant quantities of open source software

10/10 fell for the fucking BAIT
>>
>>51711515
>tfw rms is only one who messages you back.
>>
>>51709928
I guess it depends what a computer company is. Netscape and Redhat are software companies. The statement is bullshit, but possibly vague enough to be true in some interpretations. (i.e. if Intel is not a "computer company")
>>
>>51710169
Go into your bathroom in front of the mirror. Clsoe the door turn out the lights. Arrange Candles in the shape of a Gnu. Light them. Face the mirror and hold a picture of Stallman in front of you. Chant his full name three times backwards. Stallman will appear in the mirror to speak to you. You can then hold up this picture to show him.

Note: Pictures must be printed on a printer which uses open source drivers. Closed Source printers will not work.
>>
What other major company did this before Apple?
>>
DESU, THEY WERE FIRST. NOT JUST WITH SWIFT BUT WITH STEALING KHTML AND TURNING IT INTO WEBKIT. THEY ALSO STOLE ALL THE LINUX PRINTER DRIVERS.
>>
>>51711684
G...google?
>>
>>51711684
Google has been doing this for a while now. While Apple makes closed-source OSS forks, companies like Red Hat and Google actively contribute upstream. Google even runs Project Zero, which is a team of security analysts who find vulns in various projects for absolutely free, and report them (they are payed by google, but google receives nothing directly). Apple is a scumbag company that takes the hard work put into open source software, steals it, and never contributes anything back.

Red Hat also commits a shit ton of stuff upstream, notably also security fixes.
>>
>>51709465
Wow, they open source one project and then claim they're the first?

Jesus christ. I was ambivalent towards Apple but I think they're just scummy now.
>>
File: rms.png (48 KB, 1280x822) Image search: [Google]
rms.png
48 KB, 1280x822
sent
>>
> first computer company
> computer company
> computer

netscape and redhat don't make computers

also neither of them are "major" in the grand scheme of the world...

think asus, HP, etc.

you could maybe count microsoft, since the surface is really taking off.

but most of OS X is opensource.

http://www.opensource.apple.com/release/os-x-1010/
>>
>>51709465
>Fuck apple.
>Braindead teenage angst: the thread
>>
File: tumblr_na3f6cRrBV1tjopcho1_1280.jpg (350 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_na3f6cRrBV1tjopcho1_1280.jpg
350 KB, 1280x1024
>>51711764
replying to my own post...

you could MAYBE consider companies like HP or Dell for "embracing" linux when it comes to their servers...?? but I'm pretty sure apple came first (if you want to count say 1999 as when apple released OS X -- mid-90s for when development and opensource realy took off there)...

not even counting NeXT since that's technically part of apple now...
>>
Time to have a sperg attack over shitty ads, because this is the only company who uses this strategy. All of the other companies sure don't also do backhanded shit like this to push their products.
If you're not blind to brands, you have a mental problem and belong in a special needs classroom.
>>
What about webkit or html5 you weeabos

BTW I'm liking swift, but I'm paid for abap.
Saludos cordiales
>>
>>51711757
>open source
You fucked up.
>>
>>51711757
>your opinion about open source
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html

ONE JOB
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.