[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you have a hakintosh?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1203pod05.jpg (677 KB, 959x639) Image search: [Google]
1203pod05.jpg
677 KB, 959x639
The cheapness of PC components plus the best operating system ever.
>>
>>51709260
OSX is the best operating system ever? Since when?

*grabs popcorn, and waits for Applel apologists*
>>
OSX suck dicks for actual productivity.
>>
Instead of all these retarded answers, I'll give you one from my point of view. I have no reason to use OSX over windows. Every program I use on Windows has never given me a problem, from video producing, to CAD renders. As a matter of fact, OSX lacks Sony Vegas Pro and PTC CREO, which are essentials I need as a video maker and Engineer.
>>
File: 1437695554794.jpg (77 KB, 1000x748) Image search: [Google]
1437695554794.jpg
77 KB, 1000x748
>hfs+
>>
>>51709293
>>51709282
1 - Basically all professional software for people who actually create something on computers is available (and works better) on OSX.

2 - It's safe by default. Only if you have Downs you'd be able to get viruses, malware etc. with it

3 - Apps just work. No need to play with obscure commands, dependencies, stupid settings etc. like on Linux or Windows
>>
>I use programs that don't work on OSX
>Still driver issues with a lot of hardware
>Generally don't care for OSX as an OK personally

There's 3 reasons off the top of my head.
>>
>>51709400
1- All decent applications got gpu acceleration for their suites 2 years after Windows because apple openGL implementation sucks dicks, they are years behind now too.
2- Common sense.
3- Same on windows, run installer, get your app, done.
Shit applefags are very desperate that they make up facts, their reality distortion field is always on.
>>
>>51709400
I know it's bait but fuck...

It isn't safe by default, just like GNU/Linux isn't safe by default. they simply lack the market share to grab the attention of virus/malware creators.
>>
>>51709260
But I do have one.
It's a cute Cooltek cube and it's pretty powerful yet silent.
>>51709456
I literally got a virus on Windows 7 by googling pictures of animals. It's common sense that Windows is just basically the equivalent to having unprotected intercourse with a wretched prostitute. Also feels good not having telemetry updates shoved down one's throat. Enjoy :>)
>>51709400
You forgot the best reason being the stock apps like /mission control/calender/timemachine etc. and core-audio.
>>
>>51709260
I quite enjoy my work flow and HSA makes any AMD laptop far better than the initial appearance of the specs would suggest. There's also the minor issue of any update breaking your entire system as if we were back to Linux before the 2.6 kernel. A lack of games and general software availability is also a minus, though I suppose it could be worse.
>>
>>51709512
>GNU/Linux runs the majority of servers
>can't grab the attention of malware creators
>>
>>51709260
Except it's the worst operating system.
>>
>>51709260
i'd rather install linux on a macbook
>>
I do. 10.8 though. 10.6 rocked. 10.7 sucked.10.8 improved it but still wasn't as good as 10.6. Fuck 10.9-.11
>>
>>51709400
> is available (and works better) on OSX
10 shekels have been deposited into your shilling account Rajneesh
>>
only retards use osx over windows. Windows 10 master race
>>
I do, and it's horrible.

OSX in its current iteration feels like Microsoft and Unix shat out a deformed, half proprietary slightly locked down child that can perform in every area 'okay' but isn't good for any one reason.
>>
>>51709400
>No need to play with obscure commands, dependencies, stupid settings etc. like on Linux or Windows
>Windows
rofl

The only deps you need to pull for Windows is the .net framework 4 and C++ libs which is a couple of installs right off the bat along with your drivers, hell most major programs you'd first install come packaged with the libs anyway.

I'm a full time linux user, and yes there are a lot of steps to manually compiling a large program that has a lot of deps but you're fucking retarded if you think Windows is anything similar.

Windows has a far more streamlined process for installing applications and relies on *per program settings* for almost every application, which is far superior than having it half baked into the perferences pane of OSX
>>
>>51709282
>*grabs popcorn, and waits for Applel apologists*
>asterisk action
Literally worse than reddit and applels
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.