[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
^H^H^H
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (33 KB, 767x376) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
33 KB, 767x376
Why do I keep seeing this in various places?
>>
>>51708519
^H is the backspace character escape code
>>
>>51708532
In what environment? What is causing this?
>>
>>51708542
it's to show that he's deleting "using" and replacing it with "working"

the poster just wanted to show how tech savvy he is, like how some redditors type out their posts in code snippets
>>
>>51708542
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backspace#.5EH
>>
>>51708519
test using some test
>>
>>51708618
I tried using Control+H but it just takes me to my home page, wtf?
>>
>>51708519
http://strawpoll.me/6189295/
Which is the worst board?
>>
>>51708673
>>Which is the worst board?
whichever one you're on
>>
I don't get why people who do that don't just type ^W when they're "deleting" a whole word.
>>
>>51708712
nice one dude, you got me ;)
>>
>>51708740
no, seriously, fuck off with your shitty-ass poll.
>>
>>51708760
Same to you, "faggot" ;)
>>
>>51708673
>pol on top
>mlp over b and r9k
Where has this been posted?
>>
>>51708660
I think your browser is misconfigured. You should fix it before it's exploited by a rootkit.
>>
>>51708660
homo
>>
>>51708931
>>51708957

Trolled hard :^).
>>
>>51708982
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>51709130
>Falling for a troll by a known troller...

Hade to break the bad news to you... But you just got TROLLED!
>>
>>51708592
>>>51708542^U
>it's to show that he's deleting "using" and replacing it with "working"^U
>the^W post^H^H^Her^H just^W wa^H^Hnted^H^H^H to^W show^W how^W tech^W savvy^W he^W is,^H like^W how^W some^W redditors^W ty^H^Hpe out^W their^W posts^W i^Hn code^W sn^H^Hippet^H^H^H^Hs
>>
Holding down CTRL while you hit a button sets the first two (of seven) ASCII bits to zero. This maps 0x48 and 0x68 (H and h) to 0x08 (backspace). If you are using a terminal which does not support backspacing, it might choose print the control characters - in a representable form - as ^h or ^H.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.