[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, i have a rooted HTC One M8 with S-Off and i was thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: HTC One M8.jpg (81 KB, 1280x650) Image search: [Google]
HTC One M8.jpg
81 KB, 1280x650
Hey /g/, i have a rooted HTC One M8 with S-Off and i was thinking about getting a custom rom on it. Any suggestions ?
>>
CyanogenMod 12.1
>>
>>51705281
Why not use the ones that are categorized into HTC products is it the same if i use the latest (sorry if i sound like a new fag i know just the basics of roms) *also im not sure if this matters to mention but i have xposed installed aswell
>>
Get viper
>>
>>51705702
Can you name the pros and cons
>>
File: 500x500.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
500x500.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
>>51705753
>>
File: Screenshot_20151206-064616.png (127 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151206-064616.png
127 KB, 1080x1920
Make it gpe. I did it and it is easy. Just search htc one m8 gpe ruu and it will tell you how. You get the latest android versions and did I mention that it is stock android?
>>
>>51706034
Im guessing the battery life is great ?
>>
>>51705256
SD roms but most roms are based around stock sense also MM is coming a few days so stick around and see what it's like

and is you want stock there's CM13.
>>
Has anyone managed to get viper4android working on 6.0 on this?
>>
>>51706450
there's a flashable Zip 2.3.4.0 or something and you need a SElinux permissions switcher, to change from enforcing to permissive, and it works fine with 6.0 as i was using it with CM13 on my M8.
and that permission switcher is very important.
>>
>>51705753
It's not permanent, you know. Flashing a Rom and getting it set up takes around 5 minutes. But if you insist on getting pros and cons.
>>Pros
>All pros of flashing a custom rom
>>Cons
>All cons of flashing a custom rom
>>
>>51706034
that's all good, but it's awkward as you have to repartition if you want to go back to sense while with CM you can flash between all ROMs
>>
loserskaters GPE
>>
>>51705256
Buy a phone that Replicant supports and stay off the botnet. Protect your privacy and freedom while you still have a chance.
>>
I have this phone unrooted and battery life is atrocious. I alrdy disbaled location services what else am i missing
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.