[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is comcat or at&t less likely to email me telling me they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: inter.jpg (7 KB, 363x139) Image search: [Google]
inter.jpg
7 KB, 363x139
Is comcat or at&t less likely to email me telling me they will shut off my service if i keep illegally downloading stuff. It happened to my friend. He had comcast and they emailed him telling him to stop torrenting music and stuff and he got in trouble. Im scared that will happen to me..
>>
Most isp will give you 3 strikes until they drop you for pirating
>>
>>51701950
How do u prevent them from seeing
>>
>>51701967
Don't download from public trackers and you should be fine. ISPs usually don't care about your traffic, so they will only notice when copyright lawyers contact them with your IP. They usually only get your IP when they connect to a torrent you're connected to. So that should keep you covered.
>>
>>51701719
bump
>>
Pay for and use a VPN service.
This is the only guaranteed way.

>>51702148
Private trackering only decreases the probability. Chances are that copyright lawyers are monitoring private trackers too. Remember Oink?
>>
>>51702756
But no users from oink were targeted, only Ellis.

Not saying they aren't monitoring, just saying we haven't seen much movement there. Rights enforcement entities have a tough enough time with the low hanging fruit
>>
>>51702148
when you say public trackers, what does that mean?
>>
>>51703853
something like the piratebay or kickass torrents, meaning pretty much anyone can get the torrents
>>
>>51701719
If you want music, just go to Youtube, Copy the URL of the music you want, and Paste it at YoutubetoMp3 DOT org.

The convert video, download, and boom.

If the vid is under 10 minuets, it will work here.

If it's over it, go to pic related.

Really no need to torrent music these days.

To really answer your question, get a VPN.

Don't get those "free" ones because they do sketchy stuff to get their profit.

I jew mine. Here's how:

>go to hide DOT me
>go to mail DOT com
>make a quick email account
>sign up for trial at hide DOT me and use the email you just made
>DL hide DOT me
>when your trial ends, just make a new account with another email
>?????
>profit?
>>
File: Hello World.png (296 KB, 1330x800) Image search: [Google]
Hello World.png
296 KB, 1330x800
>>51703994
>copy the Url of the music you want
I mean find a video of the music and copy that one's URL.

Forgot pic related.
>>
>>51704012
or use youtube-dl
>>
>>51704022
Yeah, but I doubt OP would know how to use that considering he doesn't even know how to hide from his own ISP.

These ones are easier.

No offense to you OP.
>>
>>51703891
So the best bet is to go to one of those russian websites?
>>
>>51704012
Is this better than .youtube-mp3 dot o r g? whats the difference?
>>
>>51704528
?
>>
>tfw dynamic ip
>Isp doesn't even care
>tfw isp only bans sites if government publicly threatens them and then they only ban tpb's new 'official' site
>tfw isp doesn't leak location to internet, but shows the location of their hq if you call them up and bitch to them about not wanting to get tracked
>>
Nobody has answered op's question. which releases info more, comcast or att
>>
>>51707526
Either will give your information if asked by the copyright holder. A private tracker is a members only club where you have to seed and maintain a good ratio. Often you will have an interview type thing first. Russian public websites are no safer than tpb.

Personally, I've been torrenting movies and music for a decade with no notices by downloading a file and immediately removing it from the torrent programme so I'm limiting my exposure. It's frowned upon and you can't do that in private tracker groups.
>>
>>51707649
Like finish the dl then dont seed and instantly remove it?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.