[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MEME SPEAKERS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 16
File: SSSSSSSSSSSSSSssss.jpg (116 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSssss.jpg
116 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone else have the JBL LSR305 and there's too much speaker hiss/noise? I'm "upgrading" from my old M-Audio BX5 D2s which have comparatively none when sitting 3-4ft away.

Even when all inputs are disconnected and just the power is plugged into the wall, there's audible hissing even at the lowest volume settings, so I can pretty much rule out the inputs being the cause. The only thing left to check would be power conditioning, if that's even a thing. I did use a UPS to power the monitors too, which should give a bit of power conditioning if anything, so I still think it's an issue with the monitors themselves. Both monitors have the same hissing/noise.

I'll probably be returning this shit since it's just too damn distracting. Not too much of a noticeable FR flattening compared to the M-Audios either. They sound pretty much the same when paired with a studio sub, other than the JBLs having a larger sweet spot.
>>
>>51701154
>JBL LSR305

did you buy them after someone here recommended them to you?

if so, shame on you, you're not supposed to actually fall for memes
>>
LSR305 is the hottest buyers remorse product the past few months.

Please stop recommending these shit speakers to everyone and their mother.
>>
>>51701278
well my M-Audios seem to have some sort of RF interference from being too close to my router or some other electrical interference. Only the one closest to the router buzzes a bit (still not as loud as the LSR305) when it is on. Same deal when speaker positions are swapped, but nothing when I place them in a different room. I was thinking capacitors might be dying and a pair of LSR305's were $200, so why the hell not. Worst buying decision in the past year. Went ahead and returned them to Amazon just now. The only other meme purchase I fell for was the M50X, but I just gave them away to a friend that liked nigrabass.

>>51701749
I meant it wouldn't have been an issue if the electronics were shielded properly or something. You're not going to get much better FR for speakers of that size without pairing them with a sub. Either both my speakers were defective or JBL has some serious QC issues.
>>
>>51701154

Just buy them dude. I heard that God came to town last week and stated that JBL LSR 305, now available on Amazon and BestBuy, on sale, for only $100 each, is the best speaker available and the graph is excellent.

And get some Beats by Dr. Dre while you're at it.

And some Bose Surround Sound speakers.

And some Monster Cables.

And any Apple Computer with Thunderbolt.
>>
File: m10.jpg (935 KB, 1980x1539) Image search: [Google]
m10.jpg
935 KB, 1980x1539
No I have these
Are these meme?
>>
>>51701154
I bought them and they are definately a step up from what I had previously. I wouldn't mind having bought passive speakers and an amp though.
They do hiss a bit but I honestly can't hear it unless I put my ears right next to one of them.
>>
>>51702174
>>
>>51702304
can you post a pic of them in your room
>>
>>51701154

>powered

Into the trash
>>
File: klipsch R-15M.jpg (48 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
klipsch R-15M.jpg
48 KB, 450x450
Got these half off at Best Buy during Black Friday

Have I made a terrible mistake?
>>
>>51702435
You're a retard. Active crossovers are objectively superior to passive crossovers. Some of the best speakers in the world by atc, pmc, barefoot, ect. are powered.
>>
>>51701154
Got them. What are you on about?
Yes they hiss but I kinda find it rather calming than distracting. Besides hiss is literally not audible when there's music playing. Digital music is bound2 have hiss anyway
>>
>>51702760
God knows but they are sexy looking mate.
>>
>>51702760
I bought those too. I like them. They obviously aren't as good as my 800 dollar speakers but they're still good.
>>
File: Scythe_KroCraft_Extra_Rev.B_3.jpg (193 KB, 1680x1120) Image search: [Google]
Scythe_KroCraft_Extra_Rev.B_3.jpg
193 KB, 1680x1120
>You only buy /g/ meme or reddit meme technology
Yes and Im happy, even when being an extremely picky person. You just got a bad pair of these speakers, all the reviews would have mentioned noise otherwise....
>>
>>51702324
not him but I'd post a pic if it wasn't so dark now. Maybe tomorrow I'll post in battlestation thread.
>>
That's pretty strange. Even at full volume I can only hear a hiss if my ears are right next to them.
>>
>>51702837

>muh op amp
>>
File: atc.jpg (32 KB, 600x478) Image search: [Google]
atc.jpg
32 KB, 600x478
>>51703066
You're still a retard, you have no argument, and these powered speakers are better than anything you will ever own.
>>
>>51702893
>>Yes they hiss
>>but I kinda find it rather calming
>>than distracting.

>>Besides
>>hiss is literally not audible when there's music playing. >>Digital music is bound2 have hiss anyway

Can I see a pic of your amplifier?
>>
>>51701154
Do you have the amp up really high or something? It hisses, but it's really quiet and I have to put my ear next to the speaker to hear it.
>>
File: DSC_6820.jpg (459 KB, 2335x1555) Image search: [Google]
DSC_6820.jpg
459 KB, 2335x1555
>>51702324
Sure
>>
>>51703271
this looks so ... cramped
>>
File: DSC_6820.jpg (1 MB, 3634x2420) Image search: [Google]
DSC_6820.jpg
1 MB, 3634x2420
>>51703287
I have a small room. But those are 27" monitors. There is plenty of table and leg space.
>>
>>51703267
literally tried it at every volume. no hiss at 0.5/10 (inaudible volume setting) but hiss kicks in full throttle at anything above that.

>>51702893
>hiss
>calming
>not distracting
kill yourself
>>
>>51703343
Is your outlet grounded properly? There's no reason why it should hiss so loudly.
>>
>>51703343
>cares about hiss
>Doesn't make music
Yeah, stop being autistic then broski
>>
>>51703379
Not him but what the fuck does making music has anything to do with accepting poor fidelity?
>>
>>51703341
yeah I'm not even the Anon that asked you to post a picture, that wasn't about the speakers just looks all too sterile for my taste I guess
but the lightning and these two consoles I just noticed make things up heh
>>
>>51703448
poor fidelity being a barely audible hiss when you press your face against the speakers.
He'll have to suck it up or return them
>>
There's a soft hiss but it's inaudible with music playing or for non near field use.
>>
>>51703234

You posted those as if they're somehow better than sliced bread. They're actually unusually average.

Fuck this power speaker bullshit. Only imbeciles buy powered speakers.
>>
>>51703341
nice set-up

>>51703378
there are some reviews that describe the device as having a "noise floor" that's higher than other compatible speakers; perhaps an underpowered amp
>>
>>51703691
Why would I not buy a powered speaker?

>>51702893
>Digital music is bound2 have hiss anyway
It doesn't. That is more electrical noise floor.
>>
>>51703691
You have you to provide any reasoning, only shitposting.

Educate yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A4UMh1AOHw

The quality of speakers is largely determined by drivers and design, but all things being equal, actives are superior.
>>
>>51703794
nah, pretty sure I read an article about an audio engineer talking how all CDs have audio hiss and vinyl is the only medium which doesn't have hiss ( doesn't refer to the dust on the actual vinyl)
>>
File: Big_Sur_Snake.jpg (1 MB, 2823x2117) Image search: [Google]
Big_Sur_Snake.jpg
1 MB, 2823x2117
>>51701154
>>51702304
>>51702893

hisses like snek.
>>
>>51703877
>audio engineer talking how all CDs have audio hiss and vinyl is the only medium which doesn't have hiss
Please don't tell me you actually believe this nonsense.
>>
>>51703877
That's completely backwards and incorrect, have you ever used tape or vinyl? Digital noise floor is far below that of the previous analog storage formats.
>>
>>51703830
Not the faggot you're replying to, but all things being equal passive and active should sound and measure the exact same.

I hate how "audiophile's" focus too much on the gear and not on the goal. If you need a system to meet certain spec, whether that be for monitoring or live sound, it shouldn't matter how you you meet it, so long as you actually meet that spec.

Gearfags would rather argue for days on active vs passive xover, horns vs direct radiators, domes vs ribbons, headphones vs speakers, eq vs no eq, scub vs anti-scub, etc.
>>
>>51704023
>passive/active
In reality they don't measure the same, with audible differences. This mostly applies near the limits of the basic design.
They generally don't meet spec, which is at the heart of the problem.
>>
>>51704023
>measure the exact same

In what regard? There's a lot more to speaker performance than anechoic, on-axis frequency response. If that was the case, than all anyone would ever need is a pair of lsr305s, which isn't true despite /g/'s shilling. Speaker design is all about compromises, which is why you see so many different technologies which all have their own pros an cons. Pretty much all high end monitors aim for a flat frequency response, yet they all sound different.
>>
>>51704023
uh the reasonfor active is to match the amp(s) to the driver(s) so the end user doesn't need to worry about it. You can achieve the same goal via passive if you're an engineer, it's just more work.
>>
>>51704183
>There's a lot more to speaker performance than anechoic, on-axis frequency response.
Is there really? Name them.
>>
>>51704200
Step response, impulse response, phase, vertical/horizontal directivity, different types of distortion, just to name some.

EQing two sets of speakers to have the same frequency response isn't going to make them sound the same.
>>
>>51704183
If you took the 305's and replaced it's active xover with a passive system, you could most definitely design a passive xover with matching amp that would have a comparable response.

It's not exactly hard, just more costly and unnecessary. You can account for differing driver impedances, constant directivity correction for that fuck huge waveguide, baffle-step, and possibly whatever other eq they do all actively. Careful research your amp, and it should measure pretty damn similar.

What I'm saying is that active vs passive isn't a choice that was made to a achieve a certain permonace, it's a choice about practicality and meeting a price point. You CAN design a passive xover that performs the (exact) same as an active one, but why would you do that when the passive will be simpler to implement and cost less?
>>
>>51704608
*the active will be simpler to implement
>>
File: JBL_LSR_305_Random[1].jpg (126 KB, 1133x629) Image search: [Google]
JBL_LSR_305_Random[1].jpg
126 KB, 1133x629
>>51701154
Friendly reminder that you won't get this kind of freehand measurement from speakers sitting on tuna cans from anything else.

Also M-Audio speakers are nothing but complete and utter fucking garbage.

The only upgrade you'll find to these speakers will cost you prices nearing $1000 at least.
>>
>>51704560
Is there any research on the audibility of step response and impulse response? I've seen numbers for the audibility of phase differences and it seems pretty much a nonissue like distortion.
>>
>>51704642
shill detected
>>
>>51704724
Nah just not a fucking retard like you anti-shills upset that people aren't falling victim to trash like M-Audio, cheap Mackies and cheap Adams.
>>
>>51704608
I agree that passive vs active crossover isn't a huge factor of speaker quality. However, in theory actives are superior. It was more of a point against the guy who was saying powered speakers are automatically bad, which is bullshit.
>>
>>51703830
Obviously, a sealed-box speaker with a 5" woofer won't get anywhere near flat response at 41Hz (low E on an electric bass) or 32Hz (low C on a pipe organ) or 27.5Hz (low A on a piano).
Read more at http://www.stereophile.com/content/fifth-element-83-page-2#OzOjMs9FhlEwSdqM.99
>>
>>51704642
>implying noaudiophiles's graphs mean shit
What about his fucking room? How do you know it won't sound like shit in your parent's basement?
>>
>>51704792
>What about his fucking room?
Are you trying to imply his room is acoustically treated or anything special?
>>
>>51704792
His room is untreated and garbage and the response is still that flat. You're really, really grasping at straws here. Just fuck off you uneducated cunt.
>>
>>51704807
>>51704814
No, I'm implying it's shaped differently than my room, your room, and any other anon's rooms.

The shape of the room and what is in it has an effect on the response. Take your speakers to the bathroom and it sounds like shit. Why? because it's small and full of resonate shit like your bathtub or shower. Basically that graph show's how it'll sound in his room with speakers positioned in one specific spot.
>>
>>51704926
You're trying to apply really basic knowledge but since you understand absolutely nothing you're just embarrassing yourself. Stop.
>>
>>51704926
>No, I'm implying it's shaped differently than my room, your room, and any other anon's rooms.
No shit dumbass.

What makes you think the waveform is going to be significantly different than any other small rectangular room?
>>
>>51704957
in any other small rectangular room*
>>
>>51704943
ok anon, I wouldn't want to embarrass myself
>>51704957
There's still furniture in the rooms, your wall's could be made from anything from paper to concrete, and if you position them different you excite different modes,
>>
>>51705011
>There's still furniture in the rooms, your wall's could be made from anything from paper to concrete, and if you position them different you excite different modes,
None of that would make the waveform significantly different. All that would happen is the random fluctuations due to the room would be slightly different, but the general shape would remain the same.
>>
File: 20151023_144651.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
20151023_144651.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
Tannoys where a good find got em for 250 andmiles better than any monitor in that price range

Sorry for the sideways image
>>
>>51703271
>speakers in the corners
>doesn't know that this will absolutely ruin the spectral balance
>speakers are not turned in at all
>doesn't know this will lead to off-axis listening, which will also ruin spectral balance

Why even bother buying nice audio gear if you're going to set them up in the most retarded way possible?
>>
>>51705164
Off-axis isn't as big a problem with controlled directivity speakers, especially the LSR305 with it's stupidly flat off-axis response.
>>
>>51705164
Not all speakers are supposed to be positioned the same asswad.
My speakers are supposed to be parallel to each other and are supposed to face forward
>>
>>51705189
Purposely position yourself to be off axis is stupid though.
>>
>>51705086
Noice.
>>
>>51705031
Except they will. Put a sofa in the corner and you have a either a bass trap or a resonator that operates at an unknown frequency. Put you speakers on a desk in front of a wall and the speaker radiates in quarter space below a certain frequency dependant on it's distance from the wall and to the desk. When operating in quarter space you will get a max 12db gain below that frequency.
>>
>>51705203
>My speakers are supposed to be parallel to each other and are supposed to face forward
No they aren't you retard. JBL recommends the equilateral triangle setup in the product manual.
>>
Question, is there a legit Audio YouTube channel that showcases each speaker etc?
>>
>>51705213
You have to be fair though, his options for positioning are pretty limited with that current setup.
>>
>>51705225
Room is below 200Hz

That's all. The directivity and waveguide on those JBLs is fantastic.
>>
>>51705086
Do you really use a mixing board enough to have it taking the entire desktop? Why not just mix in software?
>>
>>51705225
Placement matters obviously, but even with that stuff you'll still get the same general shape. Bass is pretty much the only thing that's heavily affected by the room, and you shouldn't really worry too much about that with 5" monitors anyway.
>>
>>51705277
Yeah i like to mix out of the box. That boards got nice lexicon efx and dbx compression and studer circuitry so it adds a nice color to the sound. Mixing i n the box just always seemed too tedious and not authentic.
>>
>>51705164
I had them pointed towards me at first but not having everything lined up was a bit off-putting.
If I could I would buy a larger table and place my stuff some place else. But I have limited space right now.

However I will take your advice and put them in a triangle shape again.
>>
>>51705373
Thanks for the explanation.
>>
>>51703287
not all of us are 500 pounds, stop eating out.
>>
>>51705725
you're not even the anon who posted the picture
you must be really fucking bored
>>
ITT:

One dude with plastic speakers replies mostly to himself.
>>
>>51705790
Kek
>>
File: bx8d2-frequency-response.jpg (37 KB, 600x370) Image search: [Google]
bx8d2-frequency-response.jpg
37 KB, 600x370
>>51704642
I've been comparing the JBLs to my M-Audios for a full day and there's barely any difference. I'd say my properly EQ'ed M-Audios are even slightly better when paired with the sub. BX8 and BX5 sound pretty much the same other than bass (<200Hz), so measurements are still good. Shill all you want but I already sent the JBLs back. I have no need for hiss monsters.
>>
>>51705589
Omg someone said thank you on 4chan....
>>
>>51705920
Properly EQ'd with a mic and Room EQ or based on some shitty graph that is 99% irrelevant to your setup?
>>
>>51705920
Its going to be really hard to notice any kind of difference until you hit the 500 (ezch) monitors. These budget pairs are just that and most of em sound the same....
>>
>>51701154
do you use balanced cables op

it used to for mine until I put balanced cables
>>
>>51706033
Why would it make a difference if the hiss exists when nothing is plugged in? It's the amp powering the tweeter being sensitive, it has nothing to do with the source/connection to it.
>>
>>51706055

do you think they are defective hardware inside
because they should not hiss like that
>>
>>51703341
is that a ur22? if so, any good?
>>
>>51706088
>do you think they are defective hardware inside
No.
>because they should not hiss like that
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>51705986
Multiple FR sweeps using a decibel meter from where I sit in front of the monitors, which got me +/- 3db from 40Hz to high end with sub included. BX5 D2 doesn't even have generic graphs online.

>>51706033
XLR all day every day. I already said in the OP that they hissed without any inputs connected, as well as every outlet in the house, surge protectors, and a UPS.
>>
What would you guys recommend for a DAC? Was thinking of getting the fiio d03k for 30 bucks.
I have one already one and I need another DAC
>>
>>51706093
I have jbl 2328p and ur22 and I enjoy it

the shitty thing about the ur22 is that the mic/instruments inputs are only mono
>>
>>51706093
Not op but whats ur budget and do you plan on doing any recording with it. If you can, for the price range try and go focusrite if youre doing any recording
>>
>>51706110
fuck off kid

I have jbl and mine don't hiss at all

I assume its a defect because monitors shouldn't hiss
>>
>>51706111
>Multiple FR sweeps using a decibel meter from where I sit in front of the monitors, which got me +/- 3db from 40Hz to high end with sub included.
Lol.
>>
>>51706153
All speakers hiss. Again, you're a retard, fuck off.
>>
>>51706182
no they don't

mine don't have any audible hiss
>>
>>51702837
>design features out of context: the post
Some of the world's fastest cars have wings, so if I add wings to my shitbox it will go faster :^)
>>
>>51706182
I've never had speakers that hissed at anything noticeable
>>
>>51706201
All speakers hiss, this is a fact you can't just dismiss because you're an uneducated little fuckwit.

>>51706208
Good for you? Hiss varies between speakers and amps. Obviously not much can be done with active speakers.
>>
>>51702837
And some of the best speakers are passive
>>
>>51706093
Yes it's an UR22. Drivers are solid in both Windows and Linux. No major complaints, but I don't use it with instruments so no opinions there. I would love a stereo input though, but it's not a big problem.
>>
>>51706228
being this mad because my speakers don't have audible hiss

stay mad kiddo
>>
>>51706240
Pre amps arent that great
>>
>>51706152
oh i was just asking out of curiousity, i actually have a focusrite scarlett 2i4, fabulous little box
>>
>>51706244
Why would I be mad about that? I'm just calling you out on being retarded and spouting shit you don't understand.
>>
File: snake-medicine.jpg (37 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
snake-medicine.jpg
37 KB, 600x450
>>51706208
Snek hiss at noticeable things.
>>
>>51706285
except you are the one who is wrong and spouting shit

I have no hiss coming from my setup ever
>>
>>51706326
I don't care about how shit your hearing is, all speakers hiss whether you like it or not.
>>
>>51706261
Could be. Never mentioned anythin about their pre-amps. They are probably better than the Realtek ones in my motherboard though. I'm absolutely not an expert in audio stuff.
I had shitty speakers, and upgraded to this. They are noticeably better.
>>
>>51706343
maybe if you keep crying it will become true and my speakers will hiss all of a sudden
>>
>>51706357
Why are you even on /g/, let alone a speaker thread if you know absolutely nothing about it?

Genuine question.
>>
>>51706279
I wish I had a reason to get one of those 2i4s they're such a nice looking little thing.
What do you use it for exactly?
>>
>>51706379
just because you keep repeating yourself doesn't make it true

no hissing here at all
>>
>>51706393
It's fundamental truth. Just because you keep spouting your shit and trying to go against science doesn't mean it'll make you right, ever. You might wanna head to bed early now so you can get up for your morning mass at the church of Scientology.
>>
>>51706431
still doesn't hiss
>>
>>51706381
i meant to buy a synth at first, a korg ms20, make some sounds again, then it was either ms20 or speakers+interface, had to go for the scarlett and a pair of yamahas

now i just use it to listen to music and do shit sounds in the computer
>>
>>51706531
The hs 5s?
>>
>>51703830
>but all things being equal, actives are superior.

Um, what?
>>
>>51704023
I'm an audiophile and I'm always getting into arguments with retards who think their gear choices are UNIVERSALLY APPLICABLE TO ALL SITUATIONS

You see these retarded opinions about DACs, speaker form factor, amplification, drivers, crossovers, subs, etc. Everyone here is like "my way is the only way and nobody else could POSSIBLY have different goals, listening circumstances, or subject preferences than me"

Unless by "audiophile" you mean "people I disagree with and have more money than me", which, this being /g/, means by definition everyone.
>>
>>51704747
Cheap Adams are great tho tbqh family
>>
>>51707271
Well what do you think about DACs?
Why would anyone buy one more than 30 bucks?
>>
>>51707271
>I'm an audiophile
Stopped reading right there. Audiophile is a pejorative. Take your placebo meme gear + cable risers and fuck off elsewhere.
>>
>>51707475
because maybe it has features that they want that require spending more than 30 bucks. a specific output type, or wanting to connect it to a home media server, or just needing something as simple as optical or coax input, or needing a certain power supply, or whatever. uca202 is a really good deal, but not everyone wants to install a computer next to their listening system. some people are ok stringing together a bunch of $30 adapters and having a mess of wires and plastic boxes everywhere, others would just do the math, and realize a nice looking unit that includes everything they want in one box isn't that much more expensive, and the extra cost is worth less to them than the perceived value of having something "nice"

>>51707598
>all audiophiles have patrick82 cables
sure thing buddy, right after you trash your logitech because all non-audiophiles exclusively use logitech :^)
>>
>>51707984
You can any kind of connection DAC for 30 or under wasnt just referring to the 202
>>
Just dropping by to mention that I got a pair of somewhat pricey Mackie reference stereo speakers and the electronics seem really low quality. Random no sound from one side that you have to turn the L/R switch a couple of times to restore, slow response, unbalanced volume etc.
>>
>>51707984
If you need fancy inputs or something, you should be getting an audio interface not a DAC.
>>
>>51708067
>buying mackie non mixer products

Sorry buddy you been duped
>>
>>51708050
not much can match the 202 for price/quality ratio, so it was natural to assume you were talking about that particular device. most $30 DACs are pretty crappy.

>>51708091
those cost substantially more especially for something that is not complete garbage
>>
>>51708150
>those cost substantially more especially for something that is not complete garbage
No, they don't. The 202 is an audio interface by the way.
>>
>>51708150
>pretty crappy
That's the thing though. They're audibly no different from thousand dollar DACs
>>
>>51708170
I can easily hear the differences between my dodgy zhaoulu DAC, my 202, and my cambridge audio. which is "best" is pretty subjective but they are not the same. I guess I prefer the zhaolu least but between the 202 and the cambridge, I have no real preference. the cambridge looks a hell of a lot nicer though.
>>
>>51708169
The thing is in audio interfaces the dac is of standard quality until you get into the thousands (apoggee ,uad stuff) but the pre amp is the main defference in the lower priced ones

Not sure about sole dac under the 1k price though seems iffy to me
>>
>>51708240
DAC quality doesn't matter at all. Audio interfaces are nice for their I/O for producing and recording music.

>>51708223
>I can easily hear the differences between [DACs]
Double blind test with matched volume levels or I call bullshit.
>>
>>51708290
Digital to analog converters dont matter at all..... wow

Just wow
>>
so i need new speakers and i want to spend less than 250.... i thought jbl lsr305 was the absolute best in this price range....
>>
>>51708324
It doesn't matter because practically all of them are audibly transparent.
>>
>>51708324
They've been transparent for well over a decade even in cheap shit.
>>
>>51708335
Nope. Try the presonus eris. Ive heard good things about them
>>
>>51708290
sure, you want to fly to new york at your own expense, book your own hotel, and set up a double blind test in my apartment, at a time that is convenient for me, I'll indulge your autistic desire to prove that science is kewl. you can even drink one of my beers. just bring whatever gear you need to ensure it's a perfect test, because I'm not buying shit just to "disprove" something that is so obviously true.
>>
might not be the right board, but it's either here or /mu/ but anyway

Does anyone have any recs for grot boxes (as in, shitty speakers) - used mostly for cleaning up mixes.

I'm looking at mixcubes but they're bloody expensive.
>>
>>51708372
Tell a mastering engineer that
>>
>>51708384
>I'm not buying shit just to "disprove" something that is so obviously true
It's actually obviously false if you know anything about circuits and electronics. Enjoy being a delusional audiophile.
>>
>>51708423
I know enough about circuits and electronics to know that design flaws and substandard components can cause all sorts of problems that don't exist in some neckbeard's oversimplified world where everything is 1s and 0s.

I suppose you're too young to remember the capacitor crisis. you could maybe look that one up, it's embarrassing for you not to know your history if, as I suspect, you call yourself a "geek" as a matter of personal pride
>>
>>51708455
Blind tests will prove it all.
>>
>>51708455
>pulling the I'm old so I know more than you card
I bet you're one of those middle aged old guys that are almost deaf and goes to audiophile conventions.

>>51708422
The cheapass uca202 is almost perfect.
>>
>>51708469
you're welcome to do one. until then it's your opinions with no gear, against my experience with gear.

I'm not sure why you're so worked up over this, if I was a stereotypical delusional audiophile, shouldn't I prefer the most expensive piece and say the $30 DAC is garbage?
>>
>>51708487
I've never attended a convention of any sort, other than some trade conventions related to my work, where I had to shake a bunch of people's hands and smile a lot. it was horrible.
>>
>>51708290
>2015
>thinking that computers are the way to go for producing music
>still not convinced that reel to reel is better (it is)
>>
>>51708392
plx0r - anyone? i need to know! if I go to /mu/ they'll make fun of me, as they're "experts" in music and only listen to what they think they know.

plllzzzzzz
>>
>>51708551
This haha
>>
File: JBL.png (248 KB, 360x490) Image search: [Google]
JBL.png
248 KB, 360x490
What's a /g/ approved alternative to the JBLs in the $200-$400 range then?
>>
>>51708687
Tannoy reveals (the red face ones) theyre passive though so.....
>>51708687
This should be a whole nother thread
>>
>>51708687
I think they make an active blue face one but idk how much they are
>>
Hmm... so, what I gather from this thread is that all 'affordable' speakers sound pretty much the same and will improve with proper setup/EQ but even then they aren't all that.

So then, what are the best pair of bookshelf speakers for less than $2000?
>>
>>51710247
Dunno about that. There are a lot of trash affordable speaker. Also, I'd argue that affordable studio monitors sound different than affordable home theatre speakers sound different than affordable 'hi-fi' speakers sound different than affordable PA speakers.
>>
>>51710247
yes, all gear is the same

muh cheap shit = your nice shit
>>
Do you have weird noises coming from your speakers/monitors?

Buy image related for $25. Thank me later.
>>
File: 51xj5q1oxUL._SY355_[1].jpg (10 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
51xj5q1oxUL._SY355_[1].jpg
10 KB, 355x355
>>51711404
P.S. Don't buy those shitty cheap cola can shaped isolators from Ebay. They will destroy your bass frequencies and volume.
Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.