[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people actually code Java GUI's :D? Seems retarded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Typical Java GUI.png (15 KB, 326x217) Image search: [Google]
Typical Java GUI.png
15 KB, 326x217
Do people actually code Java GUI's :D?

Seems retarded that Eclipse doesn't have a GUI builder like Visual Studio and Netbeans
>>
yeah, and they are proud of it
>>
>>51700021
nah, i code ur mum gooey pussy
>>
>not using JavaFX
>>
>>51700021
>Seems retarded that Eclipse doesn't have a GUI builder
But it does. It just produces horribly disgusting code that is impossible to maintain.
You can write a good-looking UI in Swing in a few minutes, so there isn't much need for a GUI builder.
>>
>>51700149
>You can write a good-looking UI in Swing in a few minutes
How exactly do you "place" your shit with Swing so that it doesn't look like OP's pic?
>>
>>51700172
Swing uses layout managers to place and size components.
OP's example uses GridLayout, which sizes all components evenly. That's why it looks like shit.
>>
JavaFX is already 7 years old. Why the fuck do people still use Swing? It's worse in about every conceivable way.
>>
>java
>2015
>>
>>51700237
Because JavaFX didn't have spinners until JavaFX 8, which was released not that long ago.
>>
>>51700106
>yeah, and they are proud of it
For real? Coding GUI's is the most monkey tier of monkey tier coding. It's has nothing to do with using your brain or any math at all
>>
>>51700305
>It's has nothing to do with using your brain
Nothing has fucked me more than UI work, especially with Java.
You have to a very good understanding of how the layout works, how the components get sized and laid out, and how multiple layouts work together when you resize the window.
On top of all that, you still have to get it to look nice.

You'll spend 30 minutes writing it, then spend 3 hours trying to get it to look good.
>>
>>51700882
Just drag and drop like any sane person.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.