[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microsoft beats Apple in online tablet sales
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
>http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-beats-apple-online-tablet-sales

Any thoughts why /g/?
>>
>>51698511
>source
>windows
lel
>>
>>51698511
Who the fuck cares, OP?

Fuck off back to the containment thread: /cwg/ consumerist whore general
>>
>>51698528
>being this defensive

I think it's a topic worthy of discussion since it's indicating a change in consumer preferences
>>
>>51698569
>/g/ - consumer preferences
>>
>>51698511
Surface is a little cheaper isn't it? That would explain it from a consumerist standpoint.

I'd really like one, but I can't think of a viable use for it that isn't handled by my desktop + cintiq clone, my phone, or my laptop, which is collecting dust, anyway.

Seems really viable for business use, though. I work for Duracell, and the higher ups all use Windows laptops constantly. I'd definitely recommend they switch to surface tablets, where possible.
>>
>>51698511
It's over, Apple is finished.
>>
Surface tablets are the ultimate productivity devices.
>>
>>51698511
They should release a mini 7" or 8" Surface with a magnetic docking BT earpiece and SIM card. Then I can just simply stop carrying around a phone + tablet/laptop and just have a single tiny device that fits in a small bag and can still take calls.
>>
File: 1447461275684.jpg (17 KB, 354x238) Image search: [Google]
1447461275684.jpg
17 KB, 354x238
Gee I wonder what consumers actually want: An overpriced tablet to play angry birds or a tablet with an x86 processor capable of replacing their laptop?
>>
>android is not mentioned
>>
>>51698511
maybe people started to realize that apple's shit is like a golden ring with diamonds: expensive and it's only useful if you trying to show off your economic power and get laid
>>
>>51701056

>apple dont want the consumers to have just one device
>google want chrome os to replace android and take over the world
>windows has gone to shit but still better than the others

everybody want a pc with the power to run gtav on ultra that can be carried everywhere like a phone

>tfw when it will never come out before i die because it's more profitable to advance in technology in baby steps
>>
>>51702554
We already have laptops with desktop grade GPUs and CPUs (they cost 3K+ though). I estimate that in 5-10 years we will develop a tablet batshit powerful enough to render gta von ultra settings in 1080p. However by then gta ix will probably be around and require more gpu power.

Right now you can actually run gta san andreas with really good frame rates on high settings on the surface pro 4.

Anyway the problem isn't money it's technology. There's only so much raw power you can squeeze into a tablet. The surface pro 4 is proof of that.
>>
>>51702554
Portable gaming is trash anyway. You can already have a laptop/convertible/tablet for all your daily needs and have a PC/console for gaming at home.
>>
>>51698511
Because faggots go into Apple Stores to buy their products while other faggots are too self conscious to be seen near Microsoft Stores and buy their products online.
>>
>>51701056
>capable of replacing their laptop
Why would they want this? Their laptop can literally do almost everything better.
>>
>>51698511
IPad pro is just a laptop sized iphone, and the surface is actually useful.
>>
>>51702834
the surface isn't just a tablet sized windows desktop
>>
>>51702879
You say that like that is a bad thing.
>>
>>51702790
>more portability
>precision stylus input
>longer batterry life
Face it the surface book is going to kill laptops. If you want better performance you're just going to build a micro atx desktop. Nobody wants a super bulky laptop anymore.
>>
>>51702948
Shit I meant sueface pro
>>
>>51702948
nice memeing
>>
>>51702977
He's right though tablets will replace laptops due to the portability factor. The surface pro 4 isn't the only powerful x86 tablet out there. Only desktops and tablets are going to remain in a few years.
>>
>>51702879
But it is, with all the things about a tablet that make it nice.
>>
File: prediction on the table.jpg (78 KB, 500x361) Image search: [Google]
prediction on the table.jpg
78 KB, 500x361
>>51703023
>Only desktops and tablets are going to remain in a few years.
>>
File: 1435195174550.jpg (108 KB, 680x665) Image search: [Google]
1435195174550.jpg
108 KB, 680x665
>>51702975
>Shit I meant sueface pro
>sueface pro
topkek
>>
>>51703023
true
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.