[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Intel cheaped out on CPU material causing CPU's and pins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: 1.jpg (479 KB, 4256x2832) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
479 KB, 4256x2832
Intel cheaped out on CPU material causing CPU's and pins to bend.
Jewtel shills on suicide watch.
>>
Intel chips don't have pins.... Go home, they can still support up to 50 pounds in weight with the new composite materials. Do your research first amd fanboy
>>
glad i went with 5820k instead of memelake
>>
>die shrink
>chip is thinner

GEE WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED?
>>
>>51693962
You cannot possibly be this retarded
>>
>>51693628
>Intel
>pins
>>
yeah, intel is just gonna relegate all the 'expensive' 'features' to the extreme series so that you can pay $100 extra and wait an extra year for the new architecture.

that said, if zen is a disappointment i'll probably be picking up skylake-e, which should have an 8 core cpu in the 7820k price point if intel continues their pattern
>>
>>51694159
It's all about xeon phi from here on out.

72 cores, 288 threads, looks like a normal x64 chip and can be placed into a regular motherboard
>>
>>51694159
Bottom rung Skylake-E will still be a hex core, I guarantee it.
>>
>>51694209

xeon phi doesn't have out of order execution which makes it useless for real world usage tho
>>
>Decrease thickness of heatspreader on die to provide better thermal dissipation from the processor
>LOL THEY'RE SO CHEAP LOOK THEY USED THINNER MATERIALS!
No shit, fucktickler.
>>
>>51694314
You cannot possibly be this retarded.

PCB != Heatspreader
>>
>>51694314
That isn't about the heatspreader you stupid fucking cocksucker.
>>
>>51693952
my nigga

Just installed my new 5820k. Shit is insane.
>>
>>51693628
No
>>
>>51693974
You cannot possibly be this genious
>>
>third parties have been using higher than specified pressures for some time now but have gotten away with it because of the allowance in previous generations
>now the allowance is gone and it is all intels fault the third party manufacturers were pushing too hard
But that makes it sound like it's not their fault when really it is. Tolerances are a good thing to build into a design and shouldn't just be removed willy nilly.
>>
>>51694469
Why should Intel be responsible for PEBCAK errors?
>>
>>51694492
It's not user error.
The fault would lie between the third party and Intel, either the third party is building their cooling solutions outside the Intel spec but has gotten away with it until now, or they are within the tolerance values of the spec Intel provided but they're still failing.
>>
>AMD no longer competitive in processor market
>Intel starts cheaping out on materials
This is the future intelfags chose
>>
>>51694613
And a majority of people are praying for the same thing to happen in the GPU market. PC hardware enthusiasts are every bit as retarded as babby console gaymers.
>>
>>51694652
>>51694613
no one wants it to happen but people also don't want to buy buggy 2010 tech.
>>
>>51693952
>>51694348
mah niggas
>>
>>51693952

>mfw 5820k
>soldered tim
>PCI lanes spare to nvme
>>
>>51694343
It's not a pcb.
Substrate != pcb
Also, kill yourself you java faggot.
>>
>>51694469
This. Good engineers always design something to withstand a higher than rated load. Look at bridges. They are usually built to a 2:1 load ratio.
>>
>>51694652

i disagree, the majority love to shill AMD lately while completely ignoring all the bad shit they do (rebranding, blacklisting reviewers, firing engineers and slashing r&d).

i want AMD to return to the fold in the cpu and gpu market, but i don't think they'll be able to do it without some seriously lucky choices or a massive change in management
>>
They didn't cheap out, its just the price of a thinner package.
They want progressively thinner packages because it allows for a thinner laptop in a socketed configuration, and all packages are designed concurrently. This is just what happens when everyone keeps pushing for the "ultrabook" market, and desktop users want a 1lb slab of copper an aluminum hanging off of their socket.
>>
>>51696343
>They want progressively thinner packages because it allows for a thinner laptop in a socketed configuration,

why would intel care about socketable laptop chips? i thought it all moved to BGA ages ago?
>>
>>51695153
>!=
>Java
please leave /g/ and never come back senpai
>>
>>51696984
>he thinks != is a Java thing

Anon pls
>>
>>51696343
This is about desktop computers though.
>>
Hi,
I am waiting my 6700k.
Will install an arctic cooling extreme v

Should I follow some specific rules and or advice?

Thanks
>>
>>51693938
>>51694040

>CPU's
>and
>pins
While the CPUs don't have pins the boards do
>>
>>51697518
Horizontal case
>>
File: e93.png (6 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
e93.png
6 KB, 680x680
>>51696343
>remove 1mm of material from cpu
>allows for a thinner laptop
>while at the same time fucks up all desktop coolers because they wanted a barely noticable amount of thickness removed from a laptop
holy fuck guys
laptops are already thin enough
>>
>>51695426
>blacklisting reviewers

I think you meaning not giving free shit to shills like HardOCP
>>
File: GORE.jpg (288 KB, 2000x1060) Image search: [Google]
GORE.jpg
288 KB, 2000x1060
>>51693628
>>
>>51694159
>q4 2016
>buying skylake-e

buying a cpu without proper hevc 10bit decoding will be a waste of money at that time.
>>
>>51694314
they actually made the IHS thicker to compensate for the thinner substrate, nigger
>>
>>51697565
intel makes the component parts for mother boards and has had deals with the companies that make them since before the switch to pins on boards

now with intel only sockets there probably the only ones making the sockets since you need a new socket with any upgrade
>>
>>51698462
I want placebo 10bit fags to leave
>>
Broken CPUs means repeat sales since intel has no competition.
>>
>>51698484
>placebo
are you dense?

UHD, 4k blurays, 4k streaming, they all use hevc 10bit TODAY.

not for image-quality reasons, but to save bitrate.

CUZ 4K-FILEZ BE SUM BIG MOFOS, DAWG.
>>
>>51695426
>rebranding
Its okay when Nvidia does it.
>blacklisting reviewers
"AMD should give out free toys."
>firing engineers
Its also a business, not a charity. If you can't do enough for your company, fuck off. Why are they paying you when they're so far behind already? Alot of entitled brats seem to think that once someone passes the interview stage, they're entitled to any and every fucking thing their company can offer, with no consequence when you perform shit compared to some Indian trash who will work for half the cost..
>and slashing r&d
What else are they spending money on? Marketing? Probably not. New memory types? Yes. New API? Yes. Wider market range? Yes.
>>
>>51698568
So AMD is the jew?
>>
>>51693628
>Jewtel cheaps out, yet bumps up the price
Fucking hell. Waitfags BTFO.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.