[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Java so fun? Is it because of the OOP or because it is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2015-12-03-08-05-08.png (106 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-03-08-05-08.png
106 KB, 480x800
Why is Java so fun? Is it because of the OOP or because it is closer to how computers really work than languages such as python?
>>
>>51686944
Python runs through an interpreter. Java is compiled and run within a JVM. Apples to Oranges OP
>>
>>51686944
Python is object oriented, dumbshit
>>
>java
>fun

I bet you think getting fucked in the ass is fun too
>>
No OP, youre just retarded
>>
Java has a very simple syntax. It's actually possible to print out the syntax on one page and learn it all.
>>
Python is OO... A pretty shit on at that, the only time I ever use it is for socket programming.

Java is just a shit C# in my opinion.
>>
I actually enjoy Java because you can literally do anything with it.

You can scale from Hello World to Twitter / Google level of server traffic big data, and API calls.

Used in everything from desktop, to server, to embedded, to mobile devices, to aerospace.

It's not the 'easiest' to program in, but it is the one platform that actually offers completely limitless potential, and the JVM is the cat's ass.
>>
>>51687132

And: it's open source.
>>
>Java
>close to how computers work

Also,
>Deitel
Have fun learning just the syntax and nothing about data structures and algorithms, which is a large part of software engineering.
>>
>>51687122
Neat, can't have a Java thread without annoying C# shills shitting up everything.
>>
>>51687232
Ha!
>>
>public static void main(String[] args)
i hate it
>>
>>51687300

Something you write literally once per program, or if you're using an IDE, possibly never because auto-complete fills it in for you.

Have to do better than that.
>>
>>51686944
please kill yourself
>>
>>51687342
>having to rely on an IDE because the language is overly verbose
>>
File: 1418586975686.gif (2 MB, 400x206) Image search: [Google]
1418586975686.gif
2 MB, 400x206
>>51687300
>not having a macro to complete every possible declaration in one keypress
Stay pleb, scriptkiddie
>>
>>51687375

Even bare bones text editors have auto-complete.

And regarding IDE usage, when you move beyond your highschool programming homework or university assignments, you'll find two things:

A) IDEs make you far more efficient, particularly when it comes to debugging

B) Your employer will have a standardised development environment that uses an IDE. It's advantageous of your at least a little bit familiar with the different types of tooling before you're using it everyday, and your programming performance is measured and critiqued by others.

I know it's Friday and school's out for the week in the Western Hemisphere, but try to appreciate that there is a big world out there.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.