[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what future technology scares you the most, /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
I'd like to know for a paper.
>>
>>51684705
gentoo
>>
>>51684705
Autonomous machines.
>>
It's not so much future technology that scares me but rather what people will do with it.
I think having a Secret Police wet dream become a reality isn't great for humanity's future.
>>
Artificial Super-intelligence
>>
>>51684705
I'm scared if somebody or an organization creates Mewtwo
>>
Robo-normies
>>
All of it
>>
>>51684961
so /r9k/ then?
>>
>>51684705
virtual reality

ive seriously started believing life might be a recursive simulation created by humans in my lifetime because of the crazy technological advancements that have been made over the years. even if thats sounds retarded fears dont really have to be rational
>>
>>51684789
This desu
The complete erosion of personal privacy that wasn't previously possible even under the most intrusive dictators.
Before they have to break in and manually bug their targets, now everyone carries their bugs with them. Cameras watch everyone's movement in the streets and computers track their users usage data, etc.

This isn't even future technology, the future is the facade being dropped and a secret police force blatantly and openly using them.
>>
>>51684705

Mozilla Chrome
>>
>>51685312
That's just firefox now, though.
>>
mewtwo sure was an edgelord

>what future technology scares you the most
genetic modification comes to mind. babies will be tailored, not born by random genetics. the poor will have babies with more issues while the rich will tailor athletically fit beautiful bright children. this all assumes that it isn't legislated to death.
>>
Anal probes
>>
>>51684961
/thread
>>
Proprietary software
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.