[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of the Hololens?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: microsoft-hololens.jpg (142 KB, 600x367) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-hololens.jpg
142 KB, 600x367
Looks cool in demos. Hololens or PS4VR?
>>
>>51684197
HoloLens is a misleading scam and vaporware
>>
Of course it looks cool in demos.
Do you think the CGI in movies is real too?
Fucking idiot.

It's science fiction, like how companies in the 60s would show demos of flying cars.
>>
>>51684197
Yet another device to blur and prohibit our sight of reality.
>>
>>51684212
How is it a scam?
>>
>>51684259
Why would microsoft lie to us?
>>
>>51684312
They make it seem like it fills your entire fov rather than a small rectangular area in the center
>>
File: Hologram.jpg (26 KB, 500x296) Image search: [Google]
Hologram.jpg
26 KB, 500x296
>>51684197
>tfw just want hologram emitters already
I want to hold the light in my hands.
>>
>What do you think of the Hololens?
botnet
>>
>>51684372
Why did microsoft lie to us like that?
>>
>>51684709
They're demonstrating a concept.
That's all.
Practical prototypes are huge things. You wear a backpack, the visor is a helmet, and the entire thing is strapped to the ceiling with wires and cables, and you move around this gigantic rig and see a small rectangle of minecraft blocks shakily hovering over a table.

This shit will be possible one day, there's no real reason why it can't be, but it's fantasy for this decade.
>>
File: nwZiR3g.png (594 KB, 380x739) Image search: [Google]
nwZiR3g.png
594 KB, 380x739
the future is here
>>
File: 1435015193570.webm (675 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1435015193570.webm
675 KB, 600x338
>>51684869
Why does dev-level VR/AR look so cyberpunk?
>>
>>51685371
Because it is the most cyberpunk thing we have atm
>>
>>51686298
Isn't government and corporate data collection the most cyberpunk thing we have though? VR/AR is mostly visual, but it doesn't really address the themes.
>>
Field of view is too small.
>>
>>51686544
Yeah, you're right.
Can I correct it in "It's the most cyberpunk thing we have on individual scale"?
>>
The field of view is fine on the full size prototype but when they tried to make it into something you could actually wear without strapping a computer to your back, they had to reduce the field of vision down. The basic idea is fine, it's just the computing power required can't fit into a head mounted device yet. Another two or three years of work on it while the industry marches forward on mobile processors should get it to where the backpack version is now.
>>
the image is transparent so sucks if not viewed against a blank wall. especially for reading text.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.