[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys my mouse (pic related, razer abyssus) is starting to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: img[1].jpg (42 KB, 690x518) Image search: [Google]
img[1].jpg
42 KB, 690x518
Hey guys my mouse (pic related, razer abyssus) is starting to double click on me so I think it's time for a new one. I like the concave buttons so i would prefer a new one with something like that. All i can find is the deathadder, but there has to be more options than that, trying to stray from razer a bit. Would do you guys think?

Also, Mouse thread
>>
>>51683123
I think Razer is the only non-chink company that does concave buttons. Also, the DeathAdder 2013 is pretty great.
>>
Im getting the corsair katar take a look
>>
Get another abyssus... It's truly god tier
>>
I bet you can order a set of switches on eBay and replace them yourself. Why not?
>>
>>51683123
seriously here, just get a cheapo soldering iron, some solder, a solder pump and some new switches

all of that can be had for less than 20 bucks.

Plus, youll learn how to solder, and fix your mouse the next time you need to replace switches.

New mice are shit anyway, just fix yours if you like the shape and the sensor is fine.
>>
>>51683162
+1 for the deathadder
5+ years going strong
>>
>>51683410
This is a good idea, plus i just found out i could get new feet for it. I know the switches are pretty standard, so any suggested brand/model?
>>
>>51683123
Deathadder
Logitech G502
Zowie Fk2
SS Rival

Pick one of those.
>>
File: g303.jpg (15 KB, 767x438) Image search: [Google]
g303.jpg
15 KB, 767x438
>>51683123
I was thinking of getting the g303 because i need a new small mouse, anyone tried it?
>>
>>51683123
how old? rma it, i did for my deathadder after the side button started going a tad rubbish, deathadder is pretty nice by the way, if you don't like razer which I understand, maybe g400?
>>
File: the more you know.jpg (31 KB, 561x370) Image search: [Google]
the more you know.jpg
31 KB, 561x370
>>51683123
Razer mice doubleclicking is planned obsolescence. You can easily get a few more years out of it with a screwdriver and a file.

Just open it up and file the plastic (fuck you razer you knew this would happen with plastic) bit under the button that connects to the switch on the circuit board right in the middle.

There are guides with pictures on the internet.

Did this with a Copperback a friend of mine wanted to throw away because it was doubleclicking. I've had it for 4 years now and it still works. Just have to file it again like once a year.

It's really fucked up considering their premium price.
>>
>>51683894
Just get some omrons, D2F- something, id get the 20m rated ones
but thats just me, search around ;D
>>
>>51684661
> ;D
;D
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.