[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi guys i really need your help ! I want to buy a e-book reader
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 266x190) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 266x190
Hi guys i really need your help !
I want to buy a e-book reader and im not sure if i should get a kindle or a kobo glo HD. I will be using that mostly for reading pdf that i downloaded with my pc ... What u guys think ?

PS: i've been told that kindle dont support many format and have problems with most PDF, is this true ?

>also ebook reader thread
>>
It's almost more obnoxious to pretend that you're "contributing" by starting an "ebook reader thread" than to just ask your question about which piece of consumer electronics to buy

>>>/sqt/
>>
>>51682298
Your mother have normal child too?
Im also curious about the generale discussion.
>>
Fck this sh1t 4chan suck
>>
I have a nook and am pretty happy with it. Not too sure about kindle formats.

Just install calibre on your computer and something to remove DRM and you should be golden
>>
I've heard kobo has lag and overall build quality doesn't compare to the kindle.
>>
For PDFs.. Kobo glo HD, no question.
Kobo supports many more formats natively, and has expandable storage. PDFs aren't very small typically.
>>
>>51682278
I don't think Kindle is a good product for you if you don't use their store
>>
>>51682604
Or do use their store and don't want your books deleted without any choice in the matter.
Like how Amazon deleted 1984 from everyone's kindles because of copyright issues.
>>
i have a kobo aura (hd? maybe?). the screen is great and its a simple drag and drop interface with no need for drivers and so on. it supports most DRM schemes and formats. battery life is around two months if you dont use the frontlight all the time.

however, there is a lag. sometimes many seconds, mostly just one. but still one second. i dont mind it much because reading books i have no need for speed. if you would want to quickly swipe through pages you would have a problem though.
>>
>>51682673
What is this story ?
>>
>>51682529
Yeah from people who haven't used both. The usage is more or less the same in both.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.