[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being Stallman during job interview
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: pepe_sad.jpg (46 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
pepe_sad.jpg
46 KB, 550x550
>industrial engineering graduate
>not a NEET, just doing voluntary stuff as a teacher and looking for a job.
>got an interview for sourcing analyst position
>doing demand forecasting and logistic stuff,
>Working with a buying plan to ensure maximization of sales and inventory control,
>select and purchase appropriate merchandise in a required time frame.ETC
>The manager asked me how my Microsoft Excel skill goes
>asked about macro, formulas, etc.
mfw using libreoffice
mfw using linux exclusively since 2010
mfw ganooo diehard
mfw fell for botnetOS meme
mfw deleted my windows.qcow a long time ago
>quickly my autistic level went beyond 999999
>and went full stallman
>told her i know basic use of Excel, but i don't use Excel anymore, and use libreoffice instead.
>"But we're using Excel here", she replied.
>then it comes a question about my weaknesses and strengths
>told her that my weakness is Windows, I don't even want to touch it. it's horrible
>and I haven't touched it for a very long time.
>"Why?"
>told her that Windows is a mess operating system, and an OS shouldn't be design in the way Windows is
mfw worst thing i've said in years.
>on my way home, mumbling on how stupid i was.
>i shouldn't be this conservative
>i could just install Windows on qemu again, and use Excel

and that's my story /g/ on my worst interview ever.
>>
>>51678752
they didn't deserve you OP
>>
>>51678769
In their eyes, i'm not qualified.
>>
>>51678752
Don't worry anon, that interviewer was a Microsoft agent that was trying to shill you into using Microsoft Botnet™ 10, don't fall for this trap
>>
>>51678752
It wasn't even about the Excel.
You just seem very difficult to work with.
Just imagine you having to work in a team.
You'd sperg out every time someone commited a slight that triggers your sensibilities.
Consider yourself literally unemployable until you unfuck yourself.
>>
>>51678818
make sense..
i need to evaluate myself..
>>
>>51678851
>posting facebook frog unironically
yeah you should

dumb frogposter
>>
>>51678769
OP is too pure for this world
>>
>>51678752
OP you literally did nothing wrong. The tree of software freedom has to be littered with the blood of unemployed NEETS such as you and Stallman
>>
Could you repeat in spanish please
>>
>>51678752
don't worry OP. you were right. and you will continue to be right, fighting the good fight... from your mothers basement for the rest of your life
>>
OP you are literally retarded and don't deserve the job
>>
>>51678851
Imagine if someone else stands their ground as ridiculously as you do. Now imagine the poor sods on the sidelines as you and an ardent macfag clash angrily over the better operating system.

In a workplace you want to minimise conflict and you're obviously a risk.
>>
>>51678752
>NOT JUST saying using proprietary software is against my ideology/creed and claiming to be a protected people
>>
>>51679073
ALL IS LOST
>>
>>51679088
this, OP should take his advice
>>
It's ok to have your opinions. That company was just not good for you.
>>
should of just used libreoffice and told them you used EXCEL. no reason to bring up things that people most likely know no difference between.
>>
File: 2015-10-29 14.08.30.jpg (29 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-29 14.08.30.jpg
29 KB, 514x536
This level of autism. OP is a fucking faggot.
>>
>>51679225
*should've
>>
>>51679088
if i could just get back 2 days ago and listen to you and not being ganoo extremist. I could get this job
>>
>>51678752

mate if your a white male and a women is interviewing, you might as well 360 out the door
>>
File: screenshot_2015_12_04_17_36_02.png (35 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_2015_12_04_17_36_02.png
35 KB, 1366x768
Windows on qemu, done.
>>
File: 1448358188607.jpg (24 KB, 276x280) Image search: [Google]
1448358188607.jpg
24 KB, 276x280
>>51678752
>>51679964

>Windows is a botnet and I should never use it
>If I run Windows through an Emulator on lincùck it's ok
>>
OP ffs, in interviews you always say "i'm flexible" to things you hate and you don't wan to use in your personal life so you can pass the fucking interview!!! when you get the job only then you start sperging
>>
File: based.jpg (42 KB, 645x484) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
42 KB, 645x484
All you had to do was embrace the botnet... gently as it penetrates your boipuccy.

Why didn't you listen OP?
>>
>>51679982
so what, nigger.
>>
Holy autism batman
>>
> sperging over stupid ideologies when you just supposed to do your job

Cut that attitude or it'll cut you.
>>
Been there done that, Op. I'm not a turbo sperg but with hr womyn you just never know. I was asked to say if I work better as a team or alone, I told her that based on my experiences I did work well as a team but I had better results in lone projects. She couldn't care less. All they do is fill that check box template of psychology cliches and if you're not full normie you're fucked.
I even recall it now, I was contacted by the company and three or four questions were asking me what I thought of that company when I had no idea who they were the day before that.
>>
>>51680158
pardon my ignorance,
what's wrong with womyn today?
is it related to feminazism?
as far as i know, she's not feminist
>>
>>51679982
It kind of is, as you don't keep personal information there.
>>
File: 1448601679548.png (55 KB, 146x178) Image search: [Google]
1448601679548.png
55 KB, 146x178
ITT retards think suffering through a job using shitty software is worth it. you're better off living in the mountains or being dead.
>>
>>51681894
Start your own company, write your own policies, hire like minded people and run Linux all you want. Now imagine some /v/ tier faggot walks up to you and insists he wants to install and use Windows in your office because he is suffering.

That is how dumb you sound.
>>
>>51681922
then i argue with him on objective facts of quality differences in our software. rather than me forcing my preferences on him or no hire.
>>
>>51681956
But after wasting everyone's time talking about free software would you hire the guy?
>>
>>51681956
It doesn't matter. By law the company can implement whatever policies it wants, if you are a sperglord, go work at McDonalds.
>>
>>51681999
it would depend entirely on the content of said arguing. it also wouldn't be a waste of time.
>>
>>51682001
how is this relevant, like at all?
>>
>>51682012
And so he argues for using proprietary software.
Then you realise after wasting your time he has no experience with non-free software.
>>
>>51682078
how is it wasting my time? you're just stating conclusions about some hypothetical that fits what you have in mind.
>>
>>51678752
>dumb frogposter
Gee I wonder.
>>
>>51678752
Keep it up OP and don't listen to these idiots here

What you're doing will make you happy.
If the interviewer doesn't understand why windows is bad even if people on a russian purple nipple forum can, then the job is shit and you're better off not taking it.

>inb4 hurr durr shut up and conform
Sure thing

>inb4 angsty teen
not a teen and not in college. not NEET.
>>
File: salute.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
salute.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>>51682898
>>
Should have responded "I am proficient with spreadsheet applications" and used libreoffice anyway.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.