[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DAE own AMD stocks? Just bought 100 shares AMA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Selection_432.png (39 KB, 583x518) Image search: [Google]
Selection_432.png
39 KB, 583x518
DAE own AMD stocks?
Just bought 100 shares
AMA
>>
It went up by 33 cents?
>>
>>51678364
Yes and it's still a good time to buy
>>
>>51678350
how can I transfer dogecoins into stocks
>>
>>51678370
Are they up to something new? Or why should I buy into a dying company??
>>
>>51678379
trade doge to btc
trade btc to USD
trade USD to stocks
>>
Bold move, doesn't seem like a very good time to buy to me.
>>
>>51678350
100 shares is absolutely nothing. Buy at least 10-30 times more.
>>
Only reason to buy AMD is if you have faith in x86 lasting forever

It isn't
>>
File: Screenshot-6.png (21 KB, 544x305) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-6.png
21 KB, 544x305
>>51678350
>>
They have made a loss of $232M this year alone. How is this a good investment OP?
>>
>>51678413
It will be around for a while, since there will not be any replacement for it. There is nothing out there.

http://pastebin.com/W9RbUUN1
>>
>>51678413
AMD is heavily invested in ARM architecture
>>
>>51678448
That's how it works, if company has expectations it for growth it will lose money because they spend a lot for build up.
Intel makes a ton of money because they can afford to sit on their asses.
>>
>>51678407
Rock bottom is always the best time to buy. I'm pretty sure Intel would back channel money to AMD in order to keep the government from declaring them a monopoly. Kinda like how Microsoft kept Apple alive for all of those years.
>>
>>51678391
>dying company

>meanwhile new PR drivers
>Leading the industry with HBM
>New Zen next year
>The only company legally allowed to compete with Intel.

The only way is up.
>>
TRADES AT 2 FUCKIN BUX

THAT SHITS ONE FUCKUP AWAY FROM GETTING DELISTED
>>
>>51679859
I find Nvidia's position to be quite funny. They have market dominance, massively. If AMD died, nvidia would bury AMD themselves and be dancing on the grave until the government told them they were a monopoly now.
>>
Well it's a gamble.
If Zen is good it's a good investment.
Now is not a good time to invest though. A better time would be right around the time Zen is out. When you actually have information about it.
If you can see it's good (From third parties, not AMD slides), then investing will pay off.
If it's mediocre, or bulldozer level ass, you dodge a bullet.
AMD's profitability determines stock prices, not how good their products are. Product releases don't really affect stock prices too much- it's the money they get from said products that affect the stock
>>
>>51679859
>Kinda like how Microsoft kept Apple alive for all of those years.
Microsoft was in deep do-do with Apple because Windows Movie Player was built with pirated Quicktime code. That's how Steve Jobs got Gates to commit to keeping Office Mac alive, keeping IE for Mac alive and giving Apple a squizz at the guts of NT. Microsoft made a bundle on the Apple stock they bought.
>>
>>51678448
Yeah and so is Amazon, yet they're trading at 666.25$ per stock...

Pure loss/profits numbers don't mean too much.
>>
I really want AMD to do well. I don't want a Jewtel and Nvidiot monopoly. However, it's really hard to be all that excited about AMD lately. Their graphics cards have been nothing but Rebrandeon. Game developers have been targeting Nvidia technology so many AAA games are performing like ass on AMD. Even if the synthetic benchmarks show them as being comparable, they aren't as much in reality. Everyone is hyping Zen, but it really looks like we'll get Haswell performance at best and Intel will be out with Kaby Lake by then.

If AMD is to survive, two things need to happen. The first is that the 400 series graphics cards better kick butt. The second is that Zen needs to beat Intel on pricing. Right now it's hard to recommend AMD even for budget builds because a cheap Pentium or Core i3 will still beat the crap off the FX processors. Zen will probably only reach Haswell performance, so they'll need to be competitive on price.
>>
>>51680297
Could you explain the legally allowed to compete part?
>>
>>51680605
They're the only other company that can use x86.
>>
Doesnt AMD and intel share the x86 licence? AMD_64 ? Doesn't this make them safe? Or did the legality of this contract dry up already
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.