[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arduino or raspberry pi, /g/? Which one should I get? Someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: rpi1bplus.png (423 KB, 1560x975) Image search: [Google]
rpi1bplus.png
423 KB, 1560x975
Arduino or raspberry pi, /g/? Which one should I get? Someone with both can tell some experiences?;
>>
>>51673669
Get the one that will fulfill your needs better
>>
File: 1318800063037.jpg (32 KB, 233x311) Image search: [Google]
1318800063037.jpg
32 KB, 233x311
>Arduino or raspberry pi
>thinks they're in the same class

you funny op
>>
>>51673669
What is CHIP?
>>
>>51673768
this, they're designed with different purposes in mind...
>>
Could someone explain with examples then?

Can't you make the same things that arduino thas with pi's GPIO's?
>>
>>51674319
yes and no
>>
they aren't even the same type of device OP what the fuck drugs are you on

arduino is a microcontroller

pi is just a super inexpensive computer
>>
>>51673669
Arduino to play with programming and hardware, pi to play with software.
>>
Arduino is a microcontroller designed for electronics fast prototyping and shit.

Raspberry pi is a general-purpose microcomputer.
>>
>>51673669
Pi you can use like a computer. Just plug a keyboard and screen and loaf an image and it rulez. Arduino is more for measure and control devices and. So it depends what you want to do. If you want to male media center take pi, if you want to control a simple robot take arduino.
>>
>>51673669
What are your goals? Do you want to learn about electronics? If so, go with the Arduino.
>>
Do you think that I could make a gameboy emulator that is also a music player with the zero? How would I go about doing this? I'm not the best at these types of projects
>>
depends on your needs, OP.

I definitely recommend Arduinos for a media center, if that's what you want /s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s
>>
Pi is really similar to a mac laptop, so if you like mac, then you should try that one. Arduino is more like windows. Of course, you can't run windows or mac on either one of these, but you can install gentoo on the Pi. It only takes a few months to get the initial install completed. Then you can work on getting X up and running if you have an HDMI device.
>>
>>51675698
Yes. You would install retroarch and your choice of music player, and hook up a display. That's it. You don't need networking to do either of those things, but if you want you can use a USB OTG adaptor to hook it up to the internet
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.