[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
E-cigarette vapor contains molecules with potential to cause
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 12
File: 1434507561449.png (946 KB, 912x905) Image search: [Google]
1434507561449.png
946 KB, 912x905
FEDORA TIPPERS

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
T
F
O

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
T
F
O

https://www.rt.com/news/324652-e-cigarettes-vapor-cancer/
>>
>>51673409
>RT
where are the proofs
>>
>RT
>One study
It's over, society is finished!!
>>
>>51673409
You have to be seriously mentally retarded to not see how badly written this article is. also how it intentionally avoids to state the point it wants to state -because it knows it's false and illogical - and so just lets it be implied from context.

We've known forever that e-cigs are not 100% healthy.
They are still way healthier than normal cigs.
nothing this article says is new, just so placed to confuse and misguide the reader.
>>
"The study has shown that electronic cigarettes do produce considerable levels of highly reactive free radicals capable of causing cancer and other diseases as well as damaging cells, although these levels are still 1000 to 100 times lower than those produced by regular cigarettes"

BTFO
T
F
O

Time to get back to smoking traditional cigarettes.
>>
File: untitled.png (357 KB, 793x1006) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
357 KB, 793x1006
does it realy even matter?
at this point everything causes cancer so is there any point in trying to avoid it?
>>
>>51673976
Cancer believe it or not is a marvel of nature and a 'war' on it is ludicrous but its an upside down world. We wouldn't even be here without cancer.

Big tobacco were the first to hop on the e-cig revolution for two reasons, because there is no stopping a technological revolution when the cat is out of the bag, and secondly it is a potent and effective nicotine delivery system. Nicotine is one of the most addictive drugs ever discovered so its in Machiavellian corporate interest to portray addiction as safe. I would wait a few years until they work the kinks out, history repeats. Natural tobacco and man have a thousands year old history, the e-cig about a decade or so. What the big deal is with people dropping with the big C before they become a major burden on health care systems and family is I have no idea. I think Big pharma may have an interest in that seeing as old people much as many pills as the kids these days.
>>
>>51674062
u're cancer Tbh faⅿ
>>
>>51674062
>nicotine is one of the most addictive drugs ever discovered
You were doing so well until that part. Nicotine alone is as addictive as caffeine. In fact, it's pretty much the same assuming similar doses. The addictive thing in cigarettes isn't nicotine alone, it's the combination of nicotine and monoamine oxidase inhibitors, which have anti-depressant properties and thus cause a psychological dependency.
>>
E-cigarettes are the new bubblegum cigarettes / Joe Camel. I guess it's not surprising they pay people to shit up /g/ with advertising.
>>
>>51674163
>Nicotine alone is as addictive as caffeine.
That's not saying much since everyone I know is addicted to caffeine.
>>
>>51674163
>Nicotine alone is as addictive as caffeine.
One if the other most addictive substances discovered.
>>
File: 1447860228-20151118.png (558 KB, 684x2101) Image search: [Google]
1447860228-20151118.png
558 KB, 684x2101
>>51673976
>>
>>51674665
>saturday morning breakfast cancer
kill yourself
>>
Posting one of the articles it links to because OPs is fuckawful to read
http://news.psu.edu/story/383055/2015/12/02/research/potentially-dangerous-molecules-detected-e-cigarette-aerosols
>>
>>51674747
SMBC isn't the worst webcomic
Certainly has issues, but they're not cancerous
>>
>>51674747
>le contrarian hipster meme
go back to /co/
>>
>Inhaling random gases into your lungs isn't bad at all
They deserve a darwin award.
>>
>>51675042
>implying I don't make my own ejuice

I know exactly what I'm inhaling
>>
>rt
did you know that living causes cancer?
>>
File: dff.gif (2 MB, 390x285) Image search: [Google]
dff.gif
2 MB, 390x285
Who fucking cares. Anyone living in metropolitan areas is at high risk of cancer due to radiation from power and communications infrastructure.

Eating the ever over increasingly processed food; Just breathing the fucking air these days is prerequisate for increased cancer risk.

If you want to smoke, then fucking smoke. You only live once, and the odds are already so heavily stacked against you that it honestly doesn't matter. Chances are you're going to get cancer anyway with today's average increased life expentancy.

Do whatever the FUCK you wanna do
>>
>>51676327
Do you know exactly how that material behaves when vaporized?

You have done the chemical analysis yourself, right? I'd love to see the results.
>>
>>51676633
>Anyone living in metropolitan areas is at high risk of cancer due to radiation from power and communications infrastructure.
That's actually a complete fucking lie disproven in every reputable study on the matter.

It is the pollution that will get you cancer.
>>
>>51673409
technically everyone has cancer cells, but they are detected by your body right away. Also 50-100 billion cells in your body goes through 'apoptosis' aka 'programmed death' btw. Apoptosis is like dying for the greater good knowing that they are a hinderance. The only ones that become malignant are the ones that fools your immune system and that loses the apoptosis mechanism.

But as long as your cells do mitotic division, you have some kind of cancer or mutation because nothing is perfect in this world. DNA never gets replicated perfectly; there is always imperfection/
>>
>>51676909
http://www.rrjournal.org/doi/abs/10.2307/3579806

Not a myth.
>>
ITT: Fedora fags in denial.
>>
File: 1443781504734.jpg (23 KB, 263x263) Image search: [Google]
1443781504734.jpg
23 KB, 263x263
>it's only water vapor bro
>>
>>51676909
There was a Oxford journal last year showing an concerning increased sample rate of leukemia risk within children in suburbs with overhead powerlines.
>>
>>51677144
Correlation does not imply causation.
>>
File: jj.jpg (16 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
jj.jpg
16 KB, 720x480
>2000+10+5
>not vaping only dank weed and extracts
>>
>>51677216
>inhaling Satan's lettuce.
I pray for m8.
>>
>>51677163
lol I'll stop taking you serious now
>>
>substituting a drug with another drug

Really, what did they expect?
>>
It even says that vapor is moderately less carcinogenic than smoking which everybody already knew.

>posting junk research articles and not the hard facts from the study
>>
>>51677216
https://www.rt.com/uk/323662-strong-cannabis-brain-damage/
It's true I read it on RT
>>
>>51677268
He's right though.

If you subject cells to the electromagnetic fields in lab conditions and exhibit no results then that research doesn't suddenly become invalidated because you find some correlation in the real world.

You should try watching this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU5XkhUGzBs
It doesn't really argue either way on the matter of electromagnetic waves causing cancer but it does go over some of the potential problems with types of research studies.
>>
>>51677044
>ionizing radiation
Guess what ionizing radiation doesn't come from.
>>
I hope it does. E-cig fags are a breed that deserve to die off. They're actually just as and more obnoxious than regular cig fags.
>>
>>51674163
Just about everyone I know drinks coffee
>>
>>51677457
They're still 100-1000x less dangerous than tobacco cigarettes. Realistically, inhaling things that aren't air has historically been carcinogenic
>>
>>51676327
The metallic particles of your ecig heater coil, right?
>>
File: 1443389712017.jpg (152 KB, 1016x1313) Image search: [Google]
1443389712017.jpg
152 KB, 1016x1313
>>51673409
IS THERE ANY OTHER REASON TO VAPE OTHER THEN TO TRY TO GET CANCER???????? WHY WOULD YOU GET CANCER DOING ANYTHING ELSE??????
>>
>>51677296
A lot of people, including sites selling the stuff, state that it is 100% safe because it is just vapor but have not linked any research documentation that proves it is and using this as a way to "safely" stop smoking.

It may be much less cancerous than smoking, but it is also much less studied than smoking, much less controlled and much easier on the body.
When I was smoking I couldn't chain smoke, I know there are people who can but it dried out my throat way too much. Vaping is far gentler though, I could easily see NEETs vaping from morning to night, so being less dangerous than cigarettes gets somewhat nullified by doing it more.
>>
>>51673409
>vaping/smoking in the first place

Its like people want to be perceived as retarded.
>>
>>51677515
who is this semen demon?
>>
File: 1448524904431.jpg (64 KB, 404x480) Image search: [Google]
1448524904431.jpg
64 KB, 404x480
>>51676893
>>51677497
>EVAPORATION CHANGES CHEMICALS AS MUCH OR MORE THEN COMBUSTION ABANDON ECIGS!!-THE_THREAD

Actually pretty sure as evidenced by the glaze of ecig liquid on my window in my room that its the same chemical im originally putting into to vaporize newfriends.

>B-bu-but muh RT, muh suggestive beliefs, a-anon i...
>>
>>51677566
So you haven't actually tested anything.
>>
>>51677598
personally tested? i can tell you strait up that its reversed aged the skin on my own forehead and removed bags under my eyes compared to when I smoked. people who never smoked would do well to avoid vaping and obviously smoking. but I'm not a lab technician cert. and depending on the kind of liquid you choose im certain there are some nasty toxic liquids on the market but there are plenty of safe ones too, i avoid a lot.
>>
>>51677639
this, if you are a pussy smoker and unable to quit cold turkey switching to e-cig is the best you can do.
>>
>the study is sponsored by NIDA

so uuuhhh... We're gonna perform this study and reach a predetermined conclusion that it's bad because that's literally the conclusion we are required to come to.
>>
>>51677720
If that's what helps you sleep at night.
>>
This isnt even bait, i think op is just retarded
>>
Sigh.
If this was something you liked contained molecules with potential to cause cancer you'd be saying shit like "this doesn't prove anything, it's just another piece of trash research that shows that one in 16 billion molecules in water out of the tap kills mice if dozens of grams of it is injected into their ass every hour"
>>
Keep your faggotry on one board OP

>>>/fit/35131933
>>
>>51674163
both cigarettes and coffee are a (accepted and even promoted by the main stream) way of life.

All the cool dudes use it, and not cool as lol so high XD but as successful entrepreneur or responsible artist

let's not forget the social factor here
>>
It doesn't matter that it causes cancer. Vapefags vape because they are closeted about wanting to suck dick.
Just like you can't stop an individual from fucking even if it means getting AIDS, you can't stop vapefags from vaping as compensation for their subconscious obsession over twirling their tongues and lips over cocks.
>>
>>51678176
Cigarettes are frowned upon more and more as the years pass. Now it's generally just older people stuck in their ways and actual degenerates that smoke them.
It actually still baffles me how kids and teens still start smoking them despite them literally only causing harm to their bodys.
>>
>>51677430
>http://www.yave-yavo.org/scien/cap/Files/(400)%20Download_34.pdf

Wrong.
>>
>>51677400
The opinions of a YouTube video vs scientific research journals.

Ye just fuck off already you dumb cunt
>>
>>51678410
The guy literally has a PhD.
He is REQUIRED to submit research for peer review.

I think he has a pretty good opinion.
>>
>>51678374
that journal
>>
>>51678374
have you actually read that, they are just citing other people, and it all sounds like they pulled that out of their asses

>Cell phone industry is becoming another cigarette industry, which kept claiming that smoking is not harmful and now there are millions of people around the world who have suffered from smoking.
the conclusion is worth a laugh
>>
>>51678374
But it still doesn't claim that microwaves are ionizing radiation.

It is literally just a report that cherry picks other reports. Now you will expect me to believe you have read all of the referenced reports to make sure they were correctly referenced.
>>
>>51673409
Breaking news: being alive has molecules that can cause cancer
>>
>>51678630
Pro tip: cancer cells are actually your own cells. Your body is committing suicide
>>
>>51678630
Breaking news: being dead has even more molecules that can cause cancer.

So stop fucking dying you retards.
>>
File: 1427431056552.png (44 KB, 690x539) Image search: [Google]
1427431056552.png
44 KB, 690x539
>>51673409
How the fuck is that surprising? It's common sense, smoke makes you cough and its bad for you. Even before the study I could bet my life earnings on it.
>>
>>51678286
Come to Japan m8.

480 yen for a 20 pack of Marlboros and I can smoke in the bar.
>>
>>51679140
i've been to china before

>1 yuan for any of the cheaper 20 packs (that's 20 fucking CENTS (aud))
>smoke literally anywhere, even fancy-ass resturants
>>
>>51673409
>chink lead ridden liquid
ayy lmao this has been shitposted over a thousand times already
>>
>>51679174
They're fake cigarrettes m8, literally made from rat shit, that's why they're so cheap
>>
>>51673409
dude going outside and breathing the air causes cancer. the sun causes cancer. do you mean to tell me that you don't go outside at all?
oh wait i forgot where i was.
>>
thats because during these tests they ALWAYS burn the cotton and have the coils set way too hot. and keep them on without cooling them off.
>>
>>51679267
lel, not everything in china is fake
>>
>>51679308
Not everything in china explodes either, but a damn lot of things there do explode.
>>
>>51679646
I'm more of a fan of man-eating escalators.
>>
>>51678176
lol I was very surprised when I figured out everyone does loadsof drugs in society... Smoking and drinking coffee at work all day and going home drinking beers. Also it made me so sad that to get a break at a lot of workplaces you need to be a smoker...

And you peasants will get mad at someone smoking a little weed
>>
>>51679683
>Also it made me so sad that to get a break at a lot of workplaces you need to be a smoker...
They'll need it, considering the decades of their life that they're losing.
>>
>>51679825
So, it makes it unfair to non smokers who work their ass off and don't get to go "duhh boss can i haev a smokeeeee?"

I quit my job because of this shit, well mainly cause the job and people were shit but that would all be fine if I got the same amount of breaks
>>
>>51673409
>implying normal cigarettes aren't a hell of a lot worse
Lesser of two evils, Tobacco-shill.
>>
>>51673409
Was the liquid flavored? Glycerol or propylene glycol based? Coil surface area (small coils need higher temperatures to produce the same vapor)?
>>
File: 050.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
050.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
>aerosols cause cancer

Better alert the hospitals allover the world, they might be healing patients with cancer right now.
>>
>>51677517
It's just like 70 years ago when smoking would give you strong lungs!
What a load of crock.
>>
File: ai3hIgV.jpg (131 KB, 2048x1024) Image search: [Google]
ai3hIgV.jpg
131 KB, 2048x1024
>>51673409
>something causes cancer
What else is new
>>
>>51673409
>RT
>RT
>RT

Need I say more anon?
>>
>in other news, the leading world leaders have sworn their undying loyalty to emperor Putin and have disarmed themselves in fear of the all-powerful Russian military force
-RT
>>
>>51674665
> le Linear no-threshold model
>>
>>51673409
>E-cigarette vapor contains molecules with potential to cause cancer
This is a good thing though.
>>
>>51673409
For the sake of argument, let us assume that the content you linked isn't full of shit.
Guess what:
- fries cause cancer
- inhaling exhaust fumes causes cancer
- easing pork apparently also causes cancer
- deodorants cause cancer
- apparently E-cigs also do

The question is: how big is the probability?
And the answer is: Even if you vape a tank each day while disgustingly reeking of too much deodorant while sniffing fumes and stuffing your face with freedom fries and pork the probability that this causes cancer is far below smoking regular cigarettes.
>>
>>51683895
Forgot natural radiation that you can't protect yourself against.
>>
File: 1440593811109.png (597 KB, 645x512) Image search: [Google]
1440593811109.png
597 KB, 645x512
>all this ad hominem
>>
>>51680202
>no hat on left
>hat on right
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.