[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is College worth it? Rise of the "anti-college"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: cover_photo.png (13 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
cover_photo.png
13 KB, 800x800
MIT drop out Jeremy Rossmann inn a span of a few years creates the MAKE school. Something he calls a college alternative, an "anti-college."
The School ins't based off tuition, but off the students salary. The more successful the students are in the field the better for the college.
They focus on students that want to create and have an idea on what they want to make. With a 10% acceptance rate making them one of the most competitive school in the U.S.

What do you think of /g/?
Is College dead for the tech industry?
Is this form a college going to trend?
>>
https://www.makeschool.com/
>>
How long till you think this college is going to die?
>>
>>51672639
At least 100
>>
>>51672639
Bout tree fiddy
>>
>>51672639
its already dead
>>
>>51672471
isnt this from Silicone Valley tv show
pretty sure it is senpai
>>
>>51672669
Not sure, sure sounds like something that would spawn from there. Won't be surprised if it gets featured.
>>
>>51672471
What's stopping you from getting a executive position in China and pay nothing to them?
>>
>>51672471
I like the idea of the college.
Being that you pay tuition though earnings this forces students to find high paying jobs and internships. And if they already can do such things they don't need to spend 4 years to get a degree. They'll be well off probably landing a job a recognizable company than any other college student.

Won't be surprised though if this is just filled with this generations of hipsters thinking they can make the next facebook.
>>
>>51672471
>Is College dead for the tech industry?
No one should need to go to college if you want to aim for the tech industry, More specifically software programming and web development. This is the kind of stuff one could learn in high school in this day and age.
>Is this form a college going to trend?
I like the model, but colllege love money, and would never leave.
>>
>>51672471
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rT00QXqZak
>>
>>51672775
If you're an executive position of a company, why would you even try to finish college.
>>
>>51672471
an extremely competitive community college
kewl
>>
>>51675428
Basically this. But fancier.
>>
Wasn't there a Justin Long movie about this
>>
So you give the school a percentage of your salary? for how long? Forever? There's no way I would want to enter into that agreement.

Performance-based pricing is a big deal right now though, and we'll see most industries moving towards it, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see some colleges pick it up.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.