[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/link/ - Steam Link General: We the Living Room Now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (14 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
14 KB, 460x215
All things steam link related go here.

Being such a new device there isn't a ton of information online yet so we will consolidate our knowledge here.

The steam link is brand new and as with almost all new tech there are glitches and bugs needing to be ironed out. The link is no exception. If you are the kind of person that expects everything to run 100% smooth out of the box then the link probably isn't for you at this time. If you are an early adopter or don't mind dealing with bugs that come along with such a new product then jump in.

What belongs here?
• Questions
• Problems
• Suggestions
• Experiences

What doesn't belong here?
• HDMI cord is better! (if we could use an hdmi cord we would you dipshit)
• Steam sucks! (we don't care what you think)
>>
Is this the good goymer thread?
>>
>>51669446

This is the thread where we discuss the technical aspects of the steam link.

I just opted into steams beta program which updates the links firmware and it's fixed a ton of bugs.

Opt in
>>
Can it do Netflix?
>>
Is this shit still unusable if you don't have a superconnection
>>
>>51669867

You don't seem to know what the link is. It is a piece of hardware connected to your network and television that receives an h.264 encoded video of your pc's video output. In other words it allows for streaming of a pc run game far away to a TV somewhere else in the house. If you put netflix on your pc screen and turned on the link it would show netflix on the screen.

>>51669890
It needs a wired connection. We are still many years away from being able to do these things wirelessly with any kind of reliability and performance.
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>51670626

We arnt here to talk about video games. We are here to talk about the technical aspects of the link hardware and it's relation to the PC.
>>
how is the controller? what are the best games to play with it?
>>
>>51670699

I don't have the controller. Reviews are mixed. I think it's highly dependent on the game type. I used a wireless 360 controller personally.
>>
Will fast/Quake-like multiplayer games ever be decent on this thing?
>>
>>51671137
no
>>
>>51670658
It's completely locked down, there's nothing tech related to discuss
>>
holy shit you fucking fags are running out of ideas to try and force garbage generals

fuck off
>>
>>51671179
when will /g/ finally be split into two boards? /gg/ - technology general when
>>
>>51671137

Nope sorry. Not unless they can get latency time to 1/5 of what it is right now.

>>51671166
You can leave at anytime if you think there's nothing to discuss then.

>>51671179
Read the above
>>
>>51669855
can confirm that I tried this and everything seems to be running better. Better frame rates and less crashing. it really is better and better with every update
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.