[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question, how to maximize Macbook's battery lifespan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
I have a question, how to maximize Macbook's battery lifespan? I mean, should I let the plug stay there or disconnect when its full? Also what percentage should I let my battery fall down to before I charge it back?

This is really confusing, some said I should disconnect their computer from the mains power supply, some said dont. Help me.
>>
haaaaaaaaaaaaaalp
>>
limit your charge cycles to maximize your battery life.

or destroy your battery in 1 year and AppleCare that shit.
>>
>>51665945
Don't let your battery fall below 17% charge. That's the point where the jews at Apple start to deliberately sabotage your battery life because you're a "power user."

At the same time, don't let it get about 76%, because Apple's firmware will think you are always on the charger and boost performance by fucking your battery over.

Don't disconnect the computer from the mains power supply.

Hope this helps!
>>
>>51666066
limit my charge cycles? but i'll charge everytime it drops to 75%, coz what I found on google it says I shouldnt let my battery down to 0%. 0% to 100% counts as 1 cycle, is that true?
>>
>>51666152
Citation? Genuinely interested
>>
>>51666152
>Don't disconnect the computer from the mains power supply
Some said this, and some said this

This is why I said this is really confusing.
>>
Kill yourself
>>
>>51666567
Woah chill out John, did you still mad about I'm banging your mom?
>>
>>51666371
So no one answering this?
>>
>>51666371
Don't constantly leave the laptop connected to mains, it will destroy the battery and its how people end up with batteries that last like 15 minutes

Everything else people say is usually just anecdotal bullshit really. I got my macbook serviced a few months ago, and I swear I checked the apple website and it said to charge your computer when it fell to around 50% back up to full when possible, but it seems to be removed now and they only give some tips for long-term storage. Realistically I'm probably remembering the information from a different website, not the apple site.
>>
>>51666232
His reasoning is bullshit, but the idea that you should never fully deplete a Li-ion Battery is sound.

Has to do with the chemistry or some shit.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-tips-for-extending-lithium-ion-battery-life/
>>
>>51666371
>>51668186
again, has to do with chemistry, in general go from 100 to about 30/25 and back up.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.