[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is virtualbox not suitable to run any windows games in it? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: image_thumb9.png (198 KB, 656x306) Image search: [Google]
image_thumb9.png
198 KB, 656x306
Is virtualbox not suitable to run any windows games in it?

I tried undertale, TIS100, some touhou thing - none of them worked. The only thing I can get running is RPG maker games.

Am I just having really bad luck? Is it stupid to want to play gamen inside a vm on linux rather than having the inconvenience of rebooting into windows to do it? Otherwise is there a guide which would let me get things like this up and running?

I'd like to hear any games you do play with it and what win version and if you needed any hacks to get it running. Cheers.
>>
>MAH GAMES
This is 18+ board.
>>
File: vbox.png (45 KB, 667x440) Image search: [Google]
vbox.png
45 KB, 667x440
>>51664848
>Is virtualbox not suitable to run any windows games in it?
iirc virtualbox doesn't support 3d acceleration, even tho it has the checkbox, at least in version 4, I don't know about the v 5
>>
File: 4a7.jpg (24 KB, 390x285) Image search: [Google]
4a7.jpg
24 KB, 390x285
>>51664902
>>
>>51664910
Underage detected.
>>
>>51664848
Do they work under WINE?

>>51664902
hate to burst ur bubble m8 but most gamers are adults
>>
>>51664917
>hate to burst ur bubble m8 but most gamers are manchildren
ftfy
>>
File: 502.jpg (67 KB, 403x376) Image search: [Google]
502.jpg
67 KB, 403x376
>>51664848
im fucking droping this shit, i was using it for 4 years but this fucking hardening is driving crazy, ive installed cctv yesterday and all my vm are not working anymore, im done, fuck you oracle
>>
>>51664917
I haven't tried any under wine,
I guess I'm paranoid by I don't know how to properly contain or sandbox wine whereas a virtual machine seems to give pretty decent security without a lot of trouble.
>>
Anyone share some experiences
>>
>>51664848
Tis 100 has a native, working Linux port.

Also
>/v/eddit
>>
>>51665736
I know, that's not the point
>>
>>51665736
>working
>>
Virtualbox is shit tier all around.
Best for gaymen is kvm or xen with a pci graphics card passed into a Windows vm

VMware can deliver decentish performance in Windows vm without any pass-through

Not sure how hyper-v performs but in my personal use it's been slow graphically
>>
>>51664902
I'm so fucking sick of faggots like you saying you can't play games without being a fucking child.

Pleasure isn't a childish or immature thing. People don't live to work all day, come home, and immediately sleep, then to wake up the next day and repeat the cycle. Life isn't about your productivity, or what you do for others. You live first and foremost for your fucking self and only then do you contribute what you want.

Playing games for pleasure isn't something that is to be shunned. It's just another way of gratifying oneself. You're not superior to OP for not playing games, you insufferable fucker. You're not superior for liking winetasting or film or reading for pleasure instead of gaming for pleasure.

Fuck the fuck off with your elitist bullshit.
>>
>>51664848
if your hardware supports it you could try VGA passthrough using VT-d or AMD's equivalent, that way you'd get proper hardware acceleration. But well, you need the hardware for it, and it requires you to dedicate an entire monitor for the purpose, and the graphics card will not be usable under linux etc.
>>
>>51665778
>the line about sleep and work
That's all I'm doing lately. Tfw 17 hour shifts and shit
>>
>>51665778
I'm so fucking sick of faggots like you saying you can't inject heroin without being a fucking lowlife.

Pleasure isn't a childish or immature thing. People don't live to work all day, come home, and immediately sleep, then to wake up the next day and repeat the cycle. Life isn't about your productivity, or what you do for others. You live first and foremost for your fucking self and only then do you contribute what you want.

Shooting junk for pleasure isn't something that is to be shunned. It's just another way of gratifying oneself. You're not superior to OP for not injecting heroin, you insufferable fucker. You're not superior for liking winetasting or film or reading for pleasure instead of shooting up for pleasure.

>>
>>51665778
I'm so fucking sick of faggots like you saying you can't lick the subway seats without being a disgusting pervert.

Licking subway seats for pleasure isn't something that is to be shunned. It's just another way of gratifying oneself. You're not superior to OP for not licking the seats, you insufferable fucker. You're not superior for liking winetasting or film or reading for pleasure instead of licking the seats of public transport.

>>
>>51665778
I'm so fucking sick of faggots like you saying you can't eat shit without being a fucking child.

Eating shit for pleasure isn't something that is to be shunned. It's just another way of gratifying oneself. You're not superior to OP for not eating shit, you insufferable fucker. You're not superior for liking winetasting or film or reading for pleasure instead of shit eating for pleasure.

>>
>>51664908
>what is OpenGL
>>
Next threads by OP:
>What is 3d acceleration in settings
>how do i install the experimental 3D drivers
>Why is this new game not as fast as with a real GPU
>>
>>51664848
Why would you run undertale and TIS-100 in VirtualBox? They both have Linux and OS X binaries available
>>
>>51666394
I just got the windows versions I dunno..
>>
>>51666402
Well Undertale at least works perfectly in wine. I don't know about TIS-100 but I imagine it does too.

You're trying to fix problems you wouldn't have if you just used the right tools for the job.
>>
>>51664848
>Virtual box
>Running games
How did you get to write past that sentence without realizing your problem is beyond my understanding.
>>
>>51664848
>undertale

Leave and don't come back.
>>
>>51666445
what is the problem?

>>51666483
I have never played this game.
>>
>51664848
do you have the proper drivers installed?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.