[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people use Windows? Is it just because they don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 10
Why do people use Windows? Is it just because they don't know any better?
>>
>>51659289
VNs to be honest family

However, I'm going to make the transition to Linux as my main OS and Win7 as a VM for gaymen
>>
well. I used to usewindows. But mae new build and I enjoy windows 10. Havn't had any issues at all.so much software and drivers. everything just works.I don't dislike linux at all. great for facebook machines or coding.

macs are just gross to me. maybe if i made music or whatever. if they are better at that I am not sure

bsd. no just no
>>
because it has a better selection of software and it already does everything the person needs it to do.
>>
Is that guy going to stop me on the street and tell me how Boeing forced him out of his majority stock share and how he's in hiding from the Saudi government then ask me for a few cigarettes?
>>
Because it is a much better OS in nearly every respect, it is far easier to find references for the odd time you do need to do some research to figure out how to do something, and software is overwhelming written for Windows.

I don't see any reason to use Linux other than to extend the lifecycle of legacy equipment, as Linux has a number of low resource options.
>>
Because it's a great OS

You can cry all you want, Linuxfag, but that's just a fact.
>>
>>51659289
because its good
>>
It's very comfy since most people grow up on Windows. Got to 'em young.
>>
muh video games
>>
because they just want their PC to be an appliance, like a blender, and don't care to learn how it works.
>>
>>51660414
unless you work on your own car you are literally a fucking retard trying to fit in here and look smart
>>
>>51659289
because lot of software's i use at work (Such as revit) only work with windows. os x sucks with 3d rendering and installing it in linux n wine doesn't always work.
>>
>>51659289
Because Windows actually works.

Linux is riddled with issues and takes way longer to configure and even do basic tasks.
>>
>>51660436
Not that poster, I do work on my work my own but I do think your analogy there is pretty dodgy.

What is to say that someone who cares about the inner working of computers can't see a vehicle as an appliance and similarly not care about the inner workings of it.

Caring about one thing does not mean you must care for all things.
>>
>>51659313
>Win7 as a VM for gaymen
is this viable
>>
As long as you get the needed drivers, it just works, unlike linux
>>
>>51660661

Only if you're a try hard with money and time to burn on an extra graphics card, better motherboard, more RAM and beefier PSU.

Without using GPU passthrough you would have to rely on the acceleration features of the hypervisor which ends up not really being much faster than wine (since Virtualbox and some other commercial virtualization solutions actually use the wined3d library to convert guest VM Direct3D calls to OpenGL).
>>
>>51660661
Yes, you'll need:

- A CPU+Mainboard configuration that supports VT-d or AMD-Vi (in addition to VT-x or AMD-V but everything supports that now anyway)
>This means no K series consumer CPUs as they omit VT-d
- 2 GPUs (one for Linux desktop, one for Windows desktop, obviously if you intend to game on Windows it should be a decent GPU to passthrough - Linux desktop can use onboard Intel graphics too, so if you've got 1 decent GPU and a Intel graphics you can use that)
- To research QEMU+VFIO/OVMF
>https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF
>https://wiki.debian.org/VGAPassthrough

The Windows GPU will be passed through to the VM which can access it like any other real device (you even install the normal GPU drivers on Windows!) so you get full performance from the GPU and 99% of CPU.
>>
I find that windows doesn't actually just work

It might just be my shitty windows but If I ever want to swap a peripheral from one usb port to another I need to reinstall drivers. I've now moved my audio interface from every usb port on my computer at least once and now none of the will recognize the device. I've tried everything short of reinstalling OS. honestly its fucking ridiculous
>>
because it just werks to be honest family
>>
>>51660729
Also, I should mention it's generally easier to pass AMD GPUs through than nVidia.

It generally works for nVidia cards now, but that can break at any moment since nVidia is trying to stop the practice so they can sell GRID.
>http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-06/msg00302.html

AMD doesn't give 2 shits
>This also means they don't help either, but they don't get in the way.
>>
> Is it just because they don't know any better?

More like it is because there is nothing better.
>>
>>51660661
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37D2bRsthfI

99+% of native performance.
>>
Have you ever talked to a normal, non tech savvy person in your life? Macs are for richfags, linux is for freetards, everyone else just have to deal with the most popular and easy to setup and use os out there, which works on all the hardware out there. Why waste your time and nerves to learn into linux when facebook works either way and software is generally more user-friendly (user being average person and not some IT guy with terminal and scripts knowledge).
>>
>>51659289
it just werks™ tbqhwy
>>
>>51659289
compatibility + laziness

/thread
>>
>ok I need this old HP printer to work. Shouldn't be too hard.
>for some reason open drivers won't work
>hplip requires proprietary plugin
>hplip only works after manual compilation with prior dependency installation
>plugin still won't install because reasons
>fine, whatever. In the meantime I'll check out this hsdpa usb modem
>after manual configuration everything seems to work. Proper usb device is connected and is working with dns and stuff...but the traffic is not coming through.
>dualboot windows
>1 minute 30 seconds later both devices are working
While I do like Linux sometimes there is just too many hoops to get shit done.
>>
The day i can set up a full linux environment with fileservers, user directories, plug and play printer installations, group policies, and RADIUS all in one day, thats the day i'll make the switch. untill then, i'll stay a windows admin.
>>
>>51660729
>99% of CPU
Running a GTX760/Fury, Arch/Win7, qemu-kvm PCIe passthrough setup here (I'm usually the passthrough shill in these threads) and this isn't true.

While some benchmarks show negligence difference, things like firestrike physics test and premiere video rendering get about 95% native CPU performance. I've noticed Intel boost clock doesn't seem to respond to vCPU loads in the same way either.

BTW, anyone else passthrough? I have yet to find another daily user on /g/.
>>
>>51664193
i do, my HTPC runs as a VM in ESXi with a gpu passed through to output to the TV.

It was a bitch and a half to set up originally, but now it werks pretty well. i do steam streaming and shit to it.
>>
File: windows7-linus-torvalds[3].jpg (54 KB, 392x325) Image search: [Google]
windows7-linus-torvalds[3].jpg
54 KB, 392x325
by the linux creator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHGTs1NSB1s
>>
>>51660229
/thread
>>
Because Starcraft to be honest familia.
>>
File: le_poorfag_xdlol=).gif (542 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
le_poorfag_xdlol=).gif
542 KB, 500x378
>needs 2 GB of RAM to be usable at all
>10+ year old hardware usually not supported on the latest 64 bit Windows
>must buy new scanners, printers and webcams because of that
>>
>>51659289
Because I don't like like the man in your pic and it's a great OS which does everything I want and more. I have no reason to use anything else over it.
>>
>>51664104
You can do that today.
https://www.centos.org/
>>
I need it for my home studio. Music production on Linux is less than adequate in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I hate Windows with a fiery passion, but I unfortunately need it because developers refuse to support Linux natively.
>>
>>51664402
>I hate Windows with a fiery passion

you're doing computers wrong senpai.

every OS has it's place, and all of them have strengths and weaknesses. hating an OS is silly and shortsighted.
>>
File: LinusApproved.jpg (74 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
LinusApproved.jpg
74 KB, 600x400
>>51664263
>>
>>51659289
because trying to burn a dvd with debian requires hours of research and practice.
>>
>>51665139
>>Ubuntu
>>Debian for noobs
There are no excuses
>>
>>51665152
try to burn a disc in linux

I dare you mate
>>
File: 1446004727398.jpg (112 KB, 1224x1445) Image search: [Google]
1446004727398.jpg
112 KB, 1224x1445
>>51665165
So fucking hard

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto
>>It literally takes less than 10 steps
>>
>>51665210
>less than 10 steps Linux

Meanwhile Windows just click burn disc in autorun menu and select the data/iso.

Its ogre.

Linux is finished and bankrupt.
>>
>>51665210
10 steps

not just opening imgburn selecting iso, and hitting burn in less than 10 seconds.
>>
>>51660729

What if I have 2 sound cards as well (onboard + PCIe discrete), could I pass-through one of them, in addition to the GPU?
>>
>>51665210
try it in kali 2

or debian

or gentoo

or any of the operating systems people on here recommend.
>>
>>51665262
You can passthrough any PCIe devices, I have a USB controller passed through and it works great.

Getting pulseaudio to relay the guest's sound to the host is a bit of a pain, so just giving the guest a soundcard might actually be easier.
>>
http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/HOWTO_Create_a_DVD:Burn

any operating system that requires a TUTORIAL on how to burn a DVD is a waste of fucking time.
>>
>>51665323

Gentoo has tutorials about all kinds of stuff. The whole point of the distro is that you would prefer to customize rather than take the default.
>>
>>51665383
command line interface is shit, any operating system that exists that requires me to memorize thousands of commands to perform a simple task such as burning a dvd from an iso file is autismo.

why can't it be simple?

why does it take hours to learn how to do basic shit like burning a DVD?

why can't I just right click the iso and burn the fucking thing without having to go through all that bullshit?

growisofs
# emerge -av dvd+rw-tools
$ growisofs -dvd-compat -Z <device>=dvd.iso
dvdrecord / cdrecord
dvdrecord has been masked, because cdrecord now burn dvds! You no longer need cdrecord-prodvd with a key to burn DVDs.

# emerge -av cdrtools
$ cdrecord -dao -speed=<speed> -dev=<device> dvd.iso
Note: Replace <device> with your dvd device (for example /dev/dvd) and <speed> with your dvd device supported speed. Use cdrecord -scanbus to find out which devices you can use.
Tip: to display the progress of writing, add -v to the parameters.

To increase the memory cache, if the computer is doing many tasks at the same time add -fs=xx to the parameters. Make sure you have enough free ram to do so. Example for a 128MB FIFO cache:

$ cdrecord -v -fs=128m -dao -speed=<speed> -dev=<device> dvd.iso
note: The default FIFO size is currently 4 MB. If you burn at high speeds, such as 16x, using FIFO of 300m to 400m might help prevent write errors.
>>
File: 1384499996198.gif (134 KB, 619x594) Image search: [Google]
1384499996198.gif
134 KB, 619x594
>>51665437
There are several easy GUI programs to burn DVDs with.
>burning DVDs
>2015
>>
>>51665471
try downloading and installing one.

takes an hour just to figure that out, download TAR BALL .brasero, install from command install tar /dev/dev/dick/director -r -v install -w -q -r -w root directory = go to fuck nigger just
>>
>>51665490
Click on GUI package manager
Click on Brasero
Done
>>
>>51665499
you're not going to attract people to linux if the learning curve requires hours of reading just to burn an iso file.

if the distro doesn't have basic software installed that is easy for the user to see and use they will continue using windows and os x.

linux makes it way too difficult to go to a website and download a program, what does windows and os x do right?

they make it simple to install software, and easy to perform the most basic computer tasks within the GUI.
>>
>>51665546
Did you even read the post you responded to?
>>
>>51665553
are you trying to defend linux to the casual user honestly?

how does hacking the gibson work when joey can't even save the garbage files to disc?
>>
Lmao @ all the underpaid Indian shills itt

Burning ISO to dvd?
Right click the ISO, set burning location, gnome-disks opens, click on the correct drive, click OK.

Literally exactly the same steps as it is in windows 7 and beyond.
>>
>>51665615
in ubuntu?
>>
>arguing the validity of an operating system based on the brief time spent installing it, rather than the years of use you'll get from it afterwards

This thread is getting silly
>>
>>51665628
I clearly said gnome.

Gnome is not distro specific
>>
File: 1.0x0.jpg (85 KB, 700x1194) Image search: [Google]
1.0x0.jpg
85 KB, 700x1194
>>51659289

Linux - you did not install packet 76.2 v2 - crash

OSX - gimme your credit cared info and no you cannot connect that

Windoze - load pirate music ripper, rip music stream, decode to 320kps mp3, load into mp3 player, just like that

That's why.
>>
games
adobe(industry standard)
vegas
directory opus
game dev(unreal/unity)
office(industry standard)
foobar
idm
20+ years of familiarity
everything werks on it because everything was targeted for it
hentai games(99% require windows)

I can write a book I why I use it.
Now fuck off.
>>
>>51665790
You're a professional video editor, game developer, graphics designer AND office accountant?
>>
>>51665804
>you need to be a paid professional in order to use these tools

Do you know what hobbies are? Some people actually like doing shit in their spare time. I dev, so that requires photoshop, blender. Vegas is for making the trailers. Office is for work, because 99% of the time they usually want shit in office format.

I don't expect a linux user who just plasters their desktop with anime and rice up their terminal to understand.
>>
>>51665779
>packet
autism
>>
Yeah I don't get it either, if you want to rice your desktop and make it look like i3, openbox, or whatever DM they use you can install blackbox or samurize for windows.

The only reason I learned how to use linux was because of my job.
>>
>>51660729
>This means no K series consumer CPUs as they omit VT-d

kinda wrong.
i5-4690k and i7-4790k have VT-d, for example
>>
Because everything that's great in Linux works just as good when it's run as a headless VM on a Windows system.
>>
>>51659289

Because i have a job and need to get work done.
>>
>>51660831
Shows laggy looking game on low without any FPS statistics from Windows being booted by itself and from it being inside the virtual machine expecting us to believe the nonsense.
>>
>>51666348
>nonsense
Can't speak for the poster or the video but as I'm shitposting on this Arch machine I've got the Witcher 3 paused on the other monitor in a VM w/ passthrough. It plays at 60+ fps ultra, lag/stutter free :^)

99% of native performance is not accurate, vCPU is 95%, GPU is 99%/negligible. You also have to play with KVM's hyper-V enlightenments for full performance, otherwise HPET is fucked an your game performance with it.
>>
I got bored of GNU/Linux being nothing but trouble for 8 years solid.

I run Windows desktop for the past 2 years and my servers all run FreeBSD.
>>
>>51665242
Wait what? if you're going to criticize Linux you have to say things that make sense.
>>
>>51660229
Microsoft shill get out
>>
Because OSX is good but limited by hardware, and Linux doesn't work.
>>
>>51659352
>maybe if I made music
Why????
Rage intensifies
>>
>>51663415
We have had completely different experiences with printers. I've got an HP, literally every linux computer I've ever set up to print took 30 seconds. Settings > printers > add > search network > print test page.

Windows: go to HPs website & download installer. Run installer, wait 15 minutes to install drivers. Doesn't see printer on network so I restart the printer. Still doesn't. Restart installer, magically sees it. Every once in a while I have to delete the printer and re-add it selecting the existing driver because it just decides it doesn't want to print anymore.
>>
>>51664263
In 2007 said he found Debian hard to install. Even in 2007 it had been a while since trying. Currently 2015, at least 8 years since his last attempt.

In this context its clear he meant its hard to install compared to other distros seeing as he actually uses Linux on all his machines so obviously has something installed.

How does it feel being literally retarded?
>>
>>51659289
Because shitnux is huge timesink and has awful software.
>>
>>51665753
brasero is a default gnome application?

because kali2 uses gnome and the live disc doesn't have a gui burner software.
>>
muh gamez
>>
>>51659289
Because some people need to use software that's only available for Windows.
Or they don't know any better.
>>
>>51669189
they could use wine
>>
>>51659289
> Is it just because they don't know any better?
You hit the nail on the head.
It's called an unconscious belief.
>>
Because it's a great OS.
>>
I use Windows 7 because it just werks. I can also play my chinky sex games.
>>
For the same reason people use OSX. It comes with the computer.
>>
File: implying.jpg (17 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
17 KB, 240x320
>>51659289
Because it does literally everything I want a computer to do better than the alternatives.

I am not a programmer. I am not a network admin. I am not a scientist. This is why I don't use Linux or BSD as my main operating system.
>>
>>51669208
Why use Wine when you can run Windows?

The answer isn't simple. Case by case.

Personally I run a heavily tweaked and stripped down windows with a range of free and sleek software and I can't think of a reason a person would use Linux over it other than security.
>>
Because my laptop came with a broadcom wifi card and I don't feel like buying an intel card and completely tearing my laptop down yet just so i can get network functionality in hobbyist OS
>b-buh linux doesn't have driver issues anymore
what a load of shit.
also, muh software.
>>
>>51659289
on my uni they have linux mint on computers and no one knows how to use it and I am keking inside, and when they call for help hoping some students will know and no one doesnt know and I do not want to help, casue then I will always need to recitify
>>
Gaming
Software compatibility (Microsoft office)
Just werks.
That's about it.
>>
>>51659289
It came with my laptop and I paid for it, so I'll not change.
>>
>>51659289
Software support, hardware support.
Windows has the majority of consumer and professional software support right now, and most manufacturers provide drivers only for Windows.

>>51660595
>Linux is riddled with issues and takes way longer to configure and even do basic tasks.
I've never seen this in practice, but I've been installing Xubuntu on machines. It configures just fine, and most things I do work fine.
>>
with linux theres always something, and to fix it you need to research and install somestuff and do some more research and then it finally works... somewhat, kind of.
>>
i used it happily for years before i learned the command line.

i even programmed win32 shit for ages
>>
>>51659289
>Is it just because they don't know any better?
Well, there is no better..
>>
>>51664366

Who the fuck still uses webcams printers or scanners? Is this 1998?
>>
File: Screenshot_20151204-015432.png (165 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151204-015432.png
165 KB, 1080x1920
>>51660775
As an i3750k owner I have Vt-x Support but lacking Vt-d. Is this still an option or more like nope?
>>
>>51659289
Adobe CS and games desu
>>
>>51660661
XP is a better choice
>>
>>51673975

You can run Adobe CS on Mac OS.
>>
>>51674028
why in hell would I use OSX
>inb4 muh UNIX
>>
Normies use it because it comes pre-installed on their PCs.

Gamers use it because Windows has more games and better hardware support than Linux.

While I like Linux I understand that there are certain things that it can't do as well as Windows.
>>
>>51672871
You forgot because you are a tad retarded. Its not even an insult in this context
>>
>>51660436
Normies don't need to know everything about computers, but just like you can't drive on public roads without having a license, or how you shouldn't drive without knowing how to replace a flat tire, you should know some basic shit about computers before using them. For example, how to avoid clickbait, how to not get malicious code executed (don't fucking click on porn ads), and how to fix basic issues (make sure everything is plugged in, google the error, etc).

Instead, we have a bunch of retards running around with macbooks who just take their shit back to Apple whenever anything isn't working.
>>
>>51659289
I like Windows.
I don't have to justify it to you.
Just because you hate proprietary, closed-source software doesn't mean everyone has to.
>>
>>51659289
my linux skills are like "i can build my own distro" But I still use windows how about that ?
>>
I'm not programmer, I'm engineer. I need software so I can design the system. Sure you can use Linux, but find engineering software in windows is more easier than Linux.
Also eroge, who cares about freedom if I can't play eroge.
>>
>>51674484
Tell me something Linux will do better that isn't a task required by the people I mentioned in my post.
>>
File: hqdefaul2t.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefaul2t.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>51673506
>It configures just fine, and most things I do work fine.

If you install an operating system and do not encounter issues (no matter Windows, Linux, OS X, etc) you are not doing anything worth a damn with it.
>>
>>51665242
>autorun

aka that retarded bullshit that interrupts what you are doing, just because you dared to close your drive tray before you were actually ready to use the disk. You may not be ready but Windows sure as fuck is, and that's all that matters. Bill Gates probably personally invented that stupid-ass horse shit. No thanks. I'll stick with an OS that isn't built around the concept of being an intrusive piece of shit.
>>
>>51674853
why the hell would you say that, that's got to be the absolute dumbest thing I've heard all week

Unless you're talking about running machines at max load for weeks, months, years on end without powering down for anything, there's no reason a desktop workstation or personal computer should have dick all wrong with it.
>>
>>51665277
>>51665165
Are you retarded? Just use fucking brasero or do it from cli. It's easy as fuck and I've burned a shitload of CDrs for my care before.
>>
>>51665490
Why are you fucking around with random tarballs? Why aren't you using your package manager?

On OpenBSD it's as simple as sudo pkg_add <package name>. Even building it from ports wouldn't be as time consuming, and tedious as you are trying to make things.
>>
>>51674901
you have never done anything of significance with computers
>>
>>51659289
Most people don't have time to deal with Linux-fag bullshit; I don't want to spend half an hour looking for a hotfix just so that my HDMI input to work properly. Windows can be a load of horse shit but it work when I need it to.
>>
>>51674901
He's right. You should be trying to push the limits of whatever you're doing with your software stack and setup. Encounter errors, correct them, and then reel everything back to stability.

Even people who are involved with content creation should be installing new programs and updates from time to time, and this is never going to run perfectly the first time, every time.
>>
>>51659289
it's either;
- don't know better
or
- have no choice (one way or another)

the ones who "genuinely like it" genuinely don't know shit about anything besides windows
>>
>>51675490
>Windows can be a load of horse shit but it work when I need it to.
overall, and only including time spent while being comfortable in both, i've had less issues using linux

with windows it's a little annoyance often, something in the way not too often, and a show-stopper every once in a while
linux only fucks up when i fuck it up, rarely something with a newly updated program will break

it's also way easier to fix things in linux
>>
>>51659289
lazy tb.h
>>
We need A new flexible OS... This is the answer
>>
Way better graphics drivers, way more games, and I don't get distracted and spend half the day tweaking stuff. Oh, and Office.
>>
>>51659289
Linux takes more effort to make work. Plus, lol no drivers.
OsX is both worse then windows and hardware locked.
>>
>>51674147
Which is a direct result of marketing and not because windows is actually better
>>
>>51659289
Because aero in win7 is literally perfect

now why anyone uses win 8 or win 10 is beyond me
>>
>>51673865
>people don't make video calls
>>
>>51666054
Heh. This is exactly what I used to do. Ubuntu VM in HyperV and X forwarding and network share over the virtual switch.

3D stuff doesn't work, but regular apps integrate perfectly with Windows desktop and I don't have to reboot or deal with shitty Virtualbox.
>>
>>51667325
Depends on the printer. My Brother printer has broken default drivers in Linux, so I have to use the Windows drivers in a wrapper.
>>
>>51665856
Damn feel bad for you,
Office is fucking trash.
>>
>>51672957
I haven't had issues with Broadcom drivers lately. Installed it on several computers with Broadcom cards and they worked flawlessly.
>>
>>51678268
Still. Doesn't change the facts.
>>
>>51678387
And LibreOffice is even worse.
>>
The type of work I do can only be done in Windows.
>>
>>51678446
L A T E X
A
T
E
X
>>
Windows because, photshop, illustrator, indesign, lightroom, any high end 3D programs, foobar, games if you're into that
Preferably WIN7
>>
Windows for personal work and entertainment
Linux for servers
OSX to attract other homosexuals
>>
Just works
Up-to-date software
Visual Studio
Games
>>
OSX is made by a shit company and GNU/Linux was made by an insane autist. There needs to be a Linux with a different OS that isn't made by a disgusting autist.
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.