[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
aliexpress
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: pS9Ot9E.png (22 KB, 300x303) Image search: [Google]
pS9Ot9E.png
22 KB, 300x303
has anyone bought shit from aliexpress?I tried to buy a tablet and know aliexpress wants my bank statement id and credit card to verfy me
>>
>>51659227
I wouldn't trust them to be honest. Buy a tablet from somewhere else.
>>
>>51659227
While I don't trust chinkshits, it's literally the same thing as Ebay if not better sometimes.
>>
I've bought from them on numerous occasions. They're my main suppliers for micro controllers and tiny electronics. They're for when you don't want to negotiate with some supplier over Alibaba (i.e. small batches of stuff).
They're essentially Chinese eBay with one big difference: CONFIRMING GOODS RECEIVED MEANS FORFEITING YOUR RIGHT TO A RETURN OR REFUND.
Other than that can confirm AliExpress is legit, shipping slow as hell though. It's from China, what're you gonna do.
>>
>>51659876
>chinese ebay

thought that was taobao
>>
>>51659355
You wouldn't trust the company that has china's richest CEO?
>>
I've bought loads of lower end camera gear from them. Filters, tripods, covers and all that. Never had a single problem with them, everything has arrived in time. Same goes for miniinthebox, pretty much like eBay, but with more camera shit
>>
Wow, they must think you are all kinds of sketch. Didn't ask me for that when I ordered something on singles day.
>>
don't know why you would trust something with ali in its name
>>
I've been buying from them for several years. Always brilliant service and if there's any problem with something not working, I either get another sent for free or my money back.
>>
>>51659876
>Other than that can confirm AliExpress is legit, shipping slow as hell though. It's from China, what're you gonna do.
ordered 2 phone replacement screens and was surprised when they showed up after just 10 days

but there's another seller from which I ordered $2 sticky tape and it's been sitting somewhere in my country now for 5 weeks now, no possibility to track and seller claims "pls wait friend"
>>
>>51659227
I buy components on there all the time, resistors, caps, switches, leds. Never had an issue.
>>
>>51659227
Just don't buy a Windows tablet because it may come in Chinese and if you update it to 10 it will lose the drivers and become a computer without a touch screen, sound and network connection.
>>
>>51659227
Yes, so far they didn't fuck me over. They are fucking large scale, it would be a really bad strategy by them.
>>
The company is trustworthy, but the products they sell are generally not.
>>
I haven't ordered any electronics from them, but have had some very good luck with knockoff nfl jerseys. shipping time isn't terrible considering the distance (~2 weeks). just check the seller ratings before you order
>>
>>51664102
It's worth to look at photo feedbacks, it saved me once.
>>
>>51659997
You are correct. The main difference is Aliexpress is made explicitly for non-Chinese customers. Taobao is entirely in Mandarin although they do sometimes ship outside the country.
>>
I ordered a 2A usb charger for my phone for 1 dollar from aliexpress a few days ago.
Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I can trust a dirt-cheap chink charger to charge my phone and not start a housefire or something.
>>
Some uy I know has a webshop and gets his stuff from aliexpress, he makes ledstrings that you can control thru you smartphone/computer.
>>
I've never bought anything from AliExpress before. I've never seen an outrageously good deal on there before and all of the reviews for iffy items that I was on the fence about purchasing were all blank 5 star or in Russian.

I buy all of my cheap chinese shit off of Ebay or DealExtreme
>>
>>51659227
Many times. They're just as fine as eBay, with perhaps a marginally more useful rating system.

>>51659876
>CONFIRMING GOODS RECEIVED MEANS FORFEITING YOUR RIGHT TO A RETURN OR REFUND.
No more. They changed that, too. The dispute right now extends to 15 days or so after confirming.
>>
>>51659227
I recently purchased some basic electronic stuff via them (started 6 months ago). Last week my credit card was deavctivated, because the fraud detection system of my bank went to full alarm mode after some chink-nigger tried to steal small amounts of money via a Western Union related transaction.

I am europoor, so I usually use my credit card only for rental cars, train tickets and airline tickets and nowhere else.

Dont trust these filthy chinks!
>>
>>51664457
> or in Russian
Heh, and...? Use a translator.

>>51664183
>Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I can trust a dirt-cheap chink charger to charge my phone and not start a housefire or something.
These electronics are mostly shit, right.

Now, the Chinese also make some of the best chargers, but you generally get what you paid for on the 110V-250V -> 5V chargers.

Buy genuine Xiaomi / Orico / Tronsmart / Ioncell / [...] if you want to have something decent. Or something from the reviews here: http://lygte-info.dk/
>>
>>51664470
>Last week my credit card was deavctivated, because the fraud detection system of my bank went to full alarm mode after some chink-nigger tried to steal small amounts of money via a Western Union related transaction.
And this happened on Aliexpress why / how?

Apart from Alibaba, nobody even has your fucking credit card information.
>>
>>51659997
Well, Alibaba Group Holding Limited is basically the thing we're looking for here:

They own like most of Chinas online commerce and are (indirectly) responsible for most of the parcels sent around in China:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alibaba_Group#Companies_and_affiliated_entities

Basically, the power of the entire line-up of a typical (extensive) price comparison site, in one holding.
>>
>>51664183
let's be real, all other electronics shit on your house probably made in china anyway.
>>
>>51665572
while that may be true, the electronics in my house have to adhere to certain quality and safety standards mandated by the EU and probably other organizations, and are rigorously tested before they enter the market here. You can assume they are safe.
Chink shit (so the stuff that's not sold here) does not go through that verification process and is very often unsafe or even not working properly.
A chink phone will at worst break quickly, but a charger and other shit that handles high power is a serious fire and electrical hazard.
>>
>>51659227
Yes, shit works.
>bank statement id
What? All you need is a credit card usually...
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.