[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think there could be a large enough organized DDOS attack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: ddos-art.jpg (126 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
ddos-art.jpg
126 KB, 950x534
Do you think there could be a large enough organized DDOS attack on multiple high profile broadband companies to so to say "disrupt the internet"? Would that even be possible?
>>
>>51657155
No, DDoS uses their services, it doesn't attack it.
>>
>>51657208
Is it possible to "attack" an internet provider in a manner that would shut down its service for all or most of its customers?
>>
>>51657227
fuck off
>>
where are you from tourist?
>>
>>51657227
That's what I meant.
>>
>>51657246
Rude 2bh
>>
100% ingress coverage when?
>>
>>51657227
Yes, though it'd be extremely difficult as they tend to have multiple redundant gateways for failover and load balancing/optimal routing. Not to mention they also tend to have the biggest pipes after internet backbones.

They're also in one of the better positions to mitigate said efforts in a speedy fashion.

So while yes, you could point every SSDP-compromised device in Korea at some US ISP, but you'd likely only partially knock out their services, and they'd probably have most of your shit blocked way further upstream within a fairly short timeframe.
>>
>>51657227
Cut their major trunks.
>>
>>51657227
Let us simplify things a bit.

A website is like a small stream. A visitor is a thirsty person coming to take a sip. A DDoS is when you get a bunch of non-thirsty people from far and wide to all come and take a sip from the stream, drying it up and preventing the genuinely thirsty from drinking.

A broadband company is like an ocean.
>>
>>51657459
theyd probably fuck shit up in the country the attack came from also after they recovered I bet
>>
>>51657531
Web Server*
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.