[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about women coders?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 11
What do you think about women coders?
>>
I don't know enough of them to be able to generalize.
>>
>>51654634
>implying computer science is about programming
>>
I know of at least three of them, and they're all pretty good at their jobs.
>>
>>51654634
Much nicer to work with then male scum desu senpai
>>
do they even exist really?
the internet likes to act like they do, but all you ever see are women getting put into bullshit positions to fill diversity quotas
>>
>>51654722
There's a female student in my neural networking class. She gives good blowjobs.
>>
>>51654634
www.meetup.com
>>
like most good male coders, good female coders also tend to live in their parents basements and avoid exposure to the outside world

Seriously though, I dont think its any different than many other fields, like mathematics. It just takes somebody getting enthusiastic about it to plant a seed. If the seed gets planted in the right individual with enough determination great things will happen. Doesn't matter their gender
>>
>>51654634
Like most "coders", they are full of shit and don't know what they're doing.
>>
>>51654634
Would raep.
>>
ok out of 150 cs students in my year there were a handful of girls.
1 weeboo anime girl never said a word
1 - girl who was kick ass type of personality. Better coder than me
1 girl who was bad, she knew she was bad, really nice never asked for help but always would listen if you had information to dump
1 girl who used her gender to get her work done, she was dumb as fuck and she gets paid more than me, because fucktards would do her work.
2 asian girls who never said anything
1 girl who is going to be a manager, shes not a good programer, but she does her work and is a go get them type personality.
>>
> html
>>
Yes but were they a good fuck?
>>
File: lara-schenck.jpg (62 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
lara-schenck.jpg
62 KB, 800x800
depends, can they fizzbuzz?
>>
File: KEK.gif (983 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
KEK.gif
983 KB, 640x360
>>51654965
>OMG MATH
>>
Pretty rare. In my experience, female CS grads trend towards, or are pushed towards management or organisational roles. In college, a few of the women were decent, they take instruction well, and collaborate well in planning meetings.
>>
In my current job, there's a woman, about 40 whose seen it all. She has more product knowledge than anyone. Apparently back in the day she was a pretty kickass coder, but these days the company has her doing consulting support, because, as I said, she knows the shit better than anyone.
>>
>>51654634
what the fuck is a coder?
>>
>>51654797
I guarantee you the girl getting paid more than you won't for long. Or she will, because she'll get hired to a management position where she won't actually have to do any work anyway.
>>
>>51655083
its like a legal/legitimate version of a leet haxor

in the grand scheme of things is coders vs hackers and you are the victim
>>
>>51655063
>>51655038
>>51654797
>>51654681
Respectful posts. Good job /g/! I'm proud of you! Let's show more appreciate for the intelligent females we've come across.
>>
>>51655138
Don't talk down to us, you piece of shit.
Go away.
>>
>>51655138
We didn't say women weren't fucking cunts and manipulative bitches, we said they were good coders. Amazingly, what you're talented in and your personality are two separate fucking things.
>>
One in my team at work. She's pretty good. Total weeb though.
>>
there are two girls in my CE class

they failed 3/4 classes on the first semester
>>
>>51655174
lmao. I'll never give a genuine compliment ever again.
>>
>>51654634
I've met around 10 girls in CS, only 2 of them knew their shit really well.
>>
>>51655335
that wasn't a compliment
you were simply elated that nobody was shitting on women for 5 minutes
>>
Most I met were shit, not because of not knowing shit, but because they didn't try to learn at all.
>>
>>51655355
If your experience is anything like mine, at uni only 2 in 10 guys were actually any good at CS too. The rest either know nothing or pretend to know way more than they do (and make any excuse when they fail subjects).
>>
They're like men coders except without a penis.
>>
>>51655381
>but because they didn't try to learn at all
That doesn't limit to women though
>>
>>51655398
>be male
>be born into the wrong half of the population that is not allowed to suck dick to move up in the world
>>
>>51655388
> The rest either know nothing or pretend to know way more than they do
Everytime. I just don't know why they enrolled in CS or how they made it to the final year.
>>
>>51654634
the only one i knew was terrible

but i didn't socialize much csci autists back in uni, so some might be ok

granted most male coders are pretty bad too
>>
>>51655388
Do you have tips for the 8 guys?

>inb4 an hero
>>
One of the senior analysts at work is a Serbian woman. She's sensible and good at her job.
>>
>>51655271
where do i find these weeb qt pies?
>>
>>51655388
That's about the same competency rate for guys in CS too.
>>
Women cooders are awesome, can't wait to get my fingers in that cooder right now!
>>
>>51655388
This. They should kill off undergrad CS and make it so that math undergrads can get a graduate degree in CS instead. Keeps the gamers and "next facebook" kids away.
>>
>Americans have study group
>>
>>51655520
Shit I literally can't read
>>
>>51654797
There is a girl that asked me to do some of her work for her, I am thinking about saying yes because she gives me free lifts everywhere.
>>
>>51655500
look for the trap dpt general
>>
>>51655536
Only 2/10 are actually any good at reading
>>
>>51655500
go to /cgl/ and then ask that question again
>>
>>51655491
The ones who usually fail are the types who talked about games all day or they're the 'leet hacker' types who read a bunch of blogs and know all the lingo but don't actually bother to learn the coursework. If you fall into either of these, success is just a matter of making sure you study the material. I'd say only about 3 in those 8 actually are incapable of CS and should've chosen a different course. Some people are just not cut out for it, http://blog.codinghorror.com/separating-programming-sheep-from-non-programming-goats/
>>
>>51654634
identical to male programmers
>>
>>51655500
Go to a con or anime club and follow the smell of BO.
>>
College is bullshit
>>
>>51655639
You go to college for a paper, anything else is a plus
>>
There's only two in my dept. One is a senior I believe, she's really good, takes great notes, good web designer/developer, and friendly. Don't see her much on campus anymore because she works all the time in between classes. The other is still a sophomore, just now getting into some of the related courses.
>>
>>51655658
This desu

You can learn all that shit yourself by Googling what textbooks different colleges use and doing the exercises
>>
>>51655760
good luck getting a job without that little piece of paper, "self-taught" scum.
>>
>>51655639
College provides you with a hunting licence, not the deer.
>>
I've seen them at my courses, but I haven't had the chance to interact with them
I'm not attracted to women either, so I don't really a reason to talk to them
It would be nice to work with a mixed gender group for once
>>
>>51655597
Thanks for the response bro. I would say I fall more into the secon group you described (never liked gayming anyway). Failing my first kindergarten-tier exam few days ago was a wakeup call for me. But honestly I feel like that's a huge mental problem that I have. I really have trouble in pressure situations. Still going to bust my ass of till end of college. I don't want to be that fag who couldn't handle CS :'(
>>
- fat
- ugly
- stinky
- incredibly interesting to talk to
>>
>>51654634
Is that a joke?
There is like 1 in 10 or less that is actually any good.
>>
There's a female programmer at my company. One day this new hire who was some MRA type went to her desk and said: "Hey little girl, why don't you go make us a sandwich and leave the programming to us men?" He talked other kinds of shit too, and a crowd gathered around them. She just smirked, said "watch this" and pulled out a second keyboard. She started typing on both of them at the same time, so fast that we could barely keep up. She wrote an operating system in Assembly in just five minutes and it booted on the first try. We were all stunned into silence, except for the new guy who got mad and said: "Time to teach you a lesson, bitch!" and lunged at her. She casually unleashed a deadly barrage of martial arts attacks, instantly severing his spine (keep in mind this guy was built like an NFL quarterback). The whole office broke into applause. He was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics, and our CEO announced she would become his successor effective immediately, before castrating himself and jumping off the roof with a smile on his face. The whole office broke into applause. She said: "If any of you boys want to learn some coding, my door is always open," tipped her fedora, turned around 360 degrees and walked away. I was so impressed and so in awe that when I got home I told my girlfriend that we're buying a strap-on.

This really happened.
>>
>>51654779
I want to plant my seeds to female coders <|:^D
>>
>>51656296
Imma save this and paste it at a later occasion.
>>
>>51654634
> unicorns
Don't exist
>>
>>51655138
This is either some very good bait or you're actually that much of a condescending prick.
>>
I've only personally met one, you see more the further you get from the trenches and into the hipster trenches, but they are still a rare thing. Most are actually trannies. Turn the lights on and check for scars before you stick it in. The real ones will just think you've never seen a vagoo before.

I think they can be just as competent as anyone else and that it goes to show that coding isn't really all that hard when it comes down to it. The vast majority of women fucking hate coding and get nothing out of it because it generally isn't very fucking rewarding, so the low turnout is to be expected. They are massively over represented in any media coverage though.
>>
Can they code well? If yes, then that's all that matters.
>>
File: MODS.jpg (119 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
MODS.jpg
119 KB, 400x400
>look up notable female developers
>they're all trannies
>>
>>51654634
Until I see one getting patches accepted by the openbsd team, there are no women coders.
>>
>>51656464
>>51656514
Did they take the 'traps are the best programmers meme' too far?
>>
>>51656549
probably
you see this happen a lot in filter classes like intro to programming logic
you might have a 50/50 split on men/women and by the time finals roll around there's only 3 women left and 1 of them is transgender.
>>
>>51656549
Considering how many nerds are gay and how many faggots are into tech in general, I can only assume programming is where trannies go to hide out. Just more proof they aren't women because women fucking hate programming.
>>
>>51656296

kekd hard
>>
There's one female developer at my company -and then a couple DBAs.

They're all competent and good fits for their positions. They wouldn't survive long, here, if they weren't.

Also, my mom had to learn MYSQL for her job, a few years ago, pretty sure she knows SQL better than I do...
>>
I haven't met one yet.

My bro worked with two female coders that were tasked with report creation that after 4 months created not a damn thing and required a "report creation consultant" to be hired to help them out.

Wouldn't hold it against all women, since these were shitty H1-B visa Indians probably being paid 30k/yr or something.
>>
I think they make dirty sounds when I stuff my dick in them desu senpai.
>>
>>51656876
>being paid $30,000 a year to do fuck-all
lucky
>>
>>51654779
what are female basement dwellers like?
>>
>>51656926
like male basement dwellers except much worse hygiene
>>
>>51656937
>much worse hygiene
how so?
>>
>>51656937
I heard before stories about female coders and their unhygienic habits from colleagues, yea
>>
>>51656958
girls are gross
>>
>>51656981
>>51656937
stories?
>>
File: 1433600928344.png (750 KB, 854x853) Image search: [Google]
1433600928344.png
750 KB, 854x853
>>51654965
>>
>>51656958
It's a lot easier to keep a penis somewhat clean with minimal effort, especially if you jerk off regularly. A vagina will sooner start to reek of rancid cheese if you don't wash it religiously.
>>
>>51656296

Kek'd
>>
>>51657049
>not wating a slice of that camember
faggot
>>
>>51654965
>>51657022
I know what fizzbuzz is, but who's the girl?
>>
>>51657132
Google her name. It's a good read.
>>
>>51654855
I lolled
>>
>>51657132

Lara Schenck
>>
>>51657166
I Googled her and all I saw was a bunch of attention whoring. Did I miss something or is that what I was suppose to see?
>>
I work with one. She's good, but comes off as trying to hard to prove herself in the spooky man's world of computering. It gets old, but she's fine at her job.
>>
>>51654965
Can they be asked without misinterpreting the question as a sexual innuendo?
>>
I thought her mouse had a mouse printed on it now i want one like that
>>
>>51657213
https://css-tricks.com/tales-of-a-non-unicorn-a-story-about-the-trouble-with-job-titles-and-descriptions/
>>
>>51655388
>pretend to know way more than they do
>tfw :^)
>>
>>51655395
Women can have penises you fuck
GTFO misogynist
>>
There must be female coders on this board, right?
>>
>>51657317
Idk anon.
Are there? You would know.
>>
>>51657317
I'm a girl coder, but only when I'm wearing a skirt. :3
>>
>>51657317
Most are on the other interest boards. Grills don't come to jack off about tech and /g/ isn't good for much else.
>>
>>51657334
gaan fuck jouself poes
>>
>>51657333
My penis is too manly. My main board /ic/ has tons of females, should be some gere too, right..
>>
>>51657361
Did you know that dressing like a schoolgirl improves programming ability?
It's a scientific fact!
>>
>>51657369
4chan has around 20% more females on adverage thab other sites.
Yet some boards probably fall behind on that.
My guess is in /g/ females would just ignore a thread calling out female coders because 4chan trains you to ignore autism
>>
Neither here nor there, because I'm not an insufferable bigot I don't judge people purely on their gender or race. That being said, it's completely unjustifiable that they're preferred for every position and earn more per dollar, that is judging people based on gender and is a direct affront to equality and equal opportunities.
>>
>>51657386
opgesluit poes ek sal beland jy waardeloos lewe en laat jou naakte liggaam dood in 'n veld
>>
>>51657255
So, a special snowflake upset because someone else who had all her skills plus a basic understanding of Javascript got the job instead of her.
>>
>>51654965
>im not smart enough for the position so change it.
>>
>>51657435
that sounds kinda hot desu
>>
I acknowledge the possibility that some of them know more about programming than I do
>>
>>51657462
sluit die fuck up opgesluit poes iemand moet jou ma en jou pa vir die maak van so 'n demoon kuit vernietig
>>
>>51657437
Precisely
>>
>>51657490
hey why don't you do your sexy talk in english?
i don't speak nigger
>>
File: 1406752981715.jpg (1 MB, 1405x1493) Image search: [Google]
1406752981715.jpg
1 MB, 1405x1493
>>51657490
I fookin told ya ninja de can't 'derstand dat shit.
>>
>>51657508
akrikaans nie gekleurde praat retard
>>
In my CS: major
Start with 200. Bunch of gaymer guys and girls drop out.

70 left:

11 girls:
>3 fobs
don't know much about them.

>3 Americanized Asian
1 Is quiet and top of the class. Plays sc2 and doesn't have friends (out of choice). She is the cutest one. Athlethic lanklet.

1 is fake quiet, but a backstabbing "look at me I'm so shy :^)" who uses all her orbiters. Funny tthing is her orbiters try to orbit first Asian, but she spergs out too much.

1 is loud and outgoing, but very nice. Kind of qt, top 15% of class.

>2 gamer tumblr girls
not doing really well. Loud, complains about difficulty. Uses their male friends. Male friends are just a counter part (mug gaymes, sweeping generalizations of how well people are doing)

>1 black girl
know she's not smart, but not a stereotype. Just tries to do her best and is quiet

>1 weird autist
thought she was smart out first year, saw all her tests this year, just middle of the road. Has less social skills that qt Asian. Doesn't talk, cannot control loudness when she does. Has worn same outfit for 2 years

Tldr: being Asian matters more than gender
>>
>>51657540
really tho
you shouldn't knock it before you try it
go buy a skirt right now and tell me how it makes you feel, mr afrikaaaans
>>
>>51654634
who cares about what people think about women coders.

shut up and code.
>>
>>51657003
I have one about the qt Asian 1 in this post >>51657542

>this year
>talk to her more
>Start to notice she has 1 bra
>always changes her top everyday
>but has only one pair of jeans and only changes undies once every 2 days
>she doesn't smell bad, but still kinda gross
>I found out she does shower every 2 days since she works out often.

Also:
Hear one of the tumblrina talking shit about weird autist

>"her hair is so greasy"
>"shes worn the same jacket for 2 years"
>"her shirt has stains all over it"
>>
>>51654659

I'm a senior in high school right now (18, don't worry) and I was thinking about going into Computer Science. Can no one give me a no BS explanation of what I'm supposed to expect on it?
>>
My class has quite a variety;
There's two Stacey's that just sit in the back on laptops paying as minimal attention as possible.

One quiet, studious girl who surprisingly isn't that good, dedicated to improvement though so that's cool.

...and then.
Blue hair, watches kill la kill, shunned me for saying the word "weaboo," vegan, I shit you not she told me she didnt like the shining because "a black guy died in it and no white people did and so its racist", one of those people who will do absolutely anything in their power to avoid 'losing' to a male..even though shes honestly a really mediocre student.

And of course there was a stunning 10/10, hilarious, yet brilliant wife-tier qt had to leave because she was promoted a managerial position ;-;

tl;dr its a dice roll.
>>
>>51657667
math, computer theory, programming
>>
>>51657667
Can anyone*
>>
>>51654634
I'm not getting it, why didn't the cs boys invite her to their study group, and why would they be sorry they didn't
>>
I've known a couple in college and in work.

They seem to cut corners too much/don't put in the effort. It's like hiring a brick layer but they don't care how the bricks are laid and there's no consistency.

Most women I know I think are/would be much better at writing websites and that sort of thing than hardcore software development.
>>
>>51657643
If weird autist came on to you, would you ditch asian 1 for her?
>>
>>51657669
>a black guy died in it and no white people did
What the actual fuck the MAIN CHARACTER freezes to death in the end and he's almost as white as the snow surrounding him. Could you please relay to this woman that I am thoroughly triggered by her attention deficiency.
>>
>>51657727
No. Weird autist is not very attractive. Asian 1 has god tier body and way better personality. I don't want a complete sperg, just a partial one.
>>
>>51657667
Discrete math
Boolean logic
Object oriented programming
Proofs
Operating systems and programming languages
>>
>>51657667
The mathematics of computation.
Some programming, yes. Lots of discrete math, data structures, algorithms, proving bounds, proving algorithms/programs are correct.
>>
>>51654634
I teach a middle school programming and game design (python based) course. the class size is 25 students. the average class has 5 female students, with one classes having as many as 9 girls. I've made a conscious effort to recruit girls into the class this year though; last year my average was only 2 girls per class.

The girls that are there do well. they focus, and don't waste near as much time as my male students do spouting memes and showing off their e-peens. I don't have to spend as much time explaining the more math heavy concepts with them as I do my male students. When they need help, they ask for it, either asking me or their parents, were as my boy students just try to fake it until they're irrevocably behind.

I've also noticed that when female students need help in programming, they're specific. When a girl needs help with OOP, she'll come out and say "I don't really get instances and classes, could you please show me what i'm doing wrong in this example?". WHen they're willing to admit uncertainty, my boys just say "I don't get it." What part? "All/any of it." Not that they really don't get any of it, but that they are too lazy to specify.

That said, this could all be due to the age group; middle school girls compete with each other academically and socially, they may undercut each other and be catty bitches among themselves, but they measure success objectively (% grades, getting all the bonus points, etc). middle school boys compete with each other via bullshitting and dick waving, and are more likely to measure themselves relative to their peers (finishing first, being > or < that other boy) .
>>
>>51657667
MATH!!!
>>
>>51654696
I hate working with women.
Constantly walking on eggshells and all they want to do all day is complain about everything rather than work.
>>
>>51657667
This >>51657787
Don't be a "I want to program gaymes fag" do cs if you like math and programming.
>>
>>51654634
Same way I do about regular ones. Half seem to be fairly normal the rest autismos
>>
>>51656926
Just like neckbeards, except the beard is on their legs
>>
Still use openbox wm here, so I like that one.
>>
I think there were two left by the time I graduated
They both seemed pretty quiet and competent, although I never got to know them more than in passing
>>
>>51654634
i don't care if they can pull their weight
>>
>>51657850
These people are the reason our lower level classes have hundreds of people whereas our 400 levels only have like 5
>>
>>51658004
Yep. It's a good feel.
>>
>>51654634
Same thing I think about male coders

nothing
>>
>>51658001
this
though women coworkers tend to be drama landmines just waiting to be stepped on
>>
>>51655525
boi cooder is better
>>
>>51657667

Mostly math.

Decide if you're interested in higher level math, or something like software development.

SE or CIS is a better program to take if you're interested in programming vocationally.
>>
File: leah culver tipping fedora.jpg (167 KB, 1280x857) Image search: [Google]
leah culver tipping fedora.jpg
167 KB, 1280x857
Looks like everyone has forgotten about Leah Culver. I remember when she was a meme and paraded around by those wanting to prove that le females can le program too XDD!

Then everyone found out that she was a total dumbass who people only liked because she was attractive. There used to be a great livejournal post revealing one of her major fuck-ups but I have lost it unfortunately
>>
>>51657643
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>51654634
Their non-existence is the direct cause of cross dressed programming
>>
>>51656578
so only two women?
>>
>>51660371
It's college, people there are extremely progressive and would lambast you if you suggested that the mtf tranny wasn't really a woman.
That being said, he looked like a really tall woman and barely talked because he had the voice even lower than mine.
>>
>>51654634
>What do you think about women coders?
Most women coders i know are coders, that means code monkeys. There aren't any women in the embedded development department, you know low level stuff
>>
>>51660386
I know, I'm still a senior in university. I talk shit about trannies all the time, to their faces sometimes. I am openly against it and do not give a shit what anyone thinks. The professors dont care and I'm still employed as a TA too.
>>
>>51654634
>mad programming skills
lmao, whovere wrote this is probably a shitwipe of a coder. not even sexist. anyone who describes skills as "mad" is a quack
>>
File: laughing duck.webm (269 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
laughing duck.webm
269 KB, 400x225
>ignoramuses who actually believe putting a computer together is some noble feat that requires critical thought or skill

>/tinfoil/s who think the nsa is out to get them, and have no concept that it's merely a big governmental organisation

>the entire hardware enthusiast community, dont even get me started on how pointless their existence is

>brand fanboys

>people who got lost trying to find /wg/ (desktop threads)

>people who got lost trying to find their way to /v/

>my preferred software is better than your preferred software for these reasons which are irrelevant and entirely subjective:

>Much like the DJ/Producer of yesteryear, programming, aka "making apps" is the latest must-have personality accessory

>computer scientists: concerned with type systems, side effects, paradigms, etc

>programmers: concerned with available library bindings, performance, and platform support

>bosses of programmers: concerned with the language being object oriented in a way that keeps their hordes of inexperienced employees from stepping on each other's toes too much

>/g/: concerned with aesthetic issues like brackets and indentation styles

Bikeshedding is the proper word for it. /g/ mainly talks about brackets, syntax, and identation styles because it's non complex and everyone can contribute a opinion and be semi valid.

Any real issues will cause too much risk of being pointed out as incorrect or stupid if they're wrong / mistaken.
>>
>>51660603
MODS
>>
>>51660623
is it a bot or something
>>
>>51657667
I'll tell what not to expect. A job.
BSCS here
>>
>Went to a Uni open day recently
>Met a programmer grill there that worked for google that told me about the CS courses
>Actually held a proper discussion about CS and had 0 autism
>Decent looking and decent personality

One in a million boys.
>>
>>51661364
good for you, tripgfag
>>
>>51654634
Why do you keep making this thread?
Who actually gives a shit?
>>
>>51657667
1st year was math, logic, some programming.

2nd year was less math, more logic, building memory controller using FPGA, low-level stuff, operating systems, bus signalling, O-notation, more programming, some AI, networking

can't remember shit about my 3rd year
guess it was that manic
>>
>>51654634
I don't know any. I think there were maybe 1 out of 6 or so during first year, but almost all of them struggled with programming 101 and eventually dropped out.
>>
>>51654634
and then there's the kind of ugly chink chicks who are just good with maths but absolute shit programming wise.
>>
>>51657850
Meh, The reason I got into CS was because of games, but since starting I saw the bigger picture and got interested in a bunch of other stuff in the field. Still like gaming, still thinking about going into it, but I have a feeling you're talking about the dicks that don't learn proper programming skills, can't do maths and still think they can be a game developer; they just learn Unity or some shit and try to make gaymes. All in all, I don't think gaming is that bad, but I do recognise a certain brand of faggot that really rubs me up the wrong way.

>Hey guys, wanna learn to code by making computer games, even if you've got no experience?!
>>
>>51661364
Depending on the Uni, they're not as rare as you might think.
>>
File: 129038579238045.gif (469 KB, 480x228) Image search: [Google]
129038579238045.gif
469 KB, 480x228
>women
>coders
TOPEST OF KEKS
>>
File: 8376e.png (187 KB, 612x418) Image search: [Google]
8376e.png
187 KB, 612x418
>>51654634
>What do you think about women coders?

>women
>coder
pick one

take Tina Palacios, a girl who replaced based Robert "402" Bowling as the community manager of CoD.
>>
Woman don't see systems as well as men can. Woman can be code monkeys, but not software designers. I've never seen a woman coder who was more than a code monkey
>>
When your company starts doing these affirmative action hires, that is the time to cash in your stock options and leave. Join a company where there is no dead weight slowing things down. Better yet, get your start up off the ground.

This nonsense will stop when there is a real cost of doing this. Go ahead and hire that dead weight, a dozen of your best people will leave.
>>
Having worked with several women I have never met one capable of understanding regular expressions.

I'm not saying no women can do it or all men can, but it seems women have particular trouble with those sort of problems.
>>
>>51657837
You have to have the right approach with women.

I boss around my female co-workers, make sexist jokes at their expense, and they seem to enjoy my company well enough. They complain a lot and can be passive aggressive to people who walk on eggshells around them.

At the start I was a bit afraid of getting a sexual harassment lawsuit but it never materialised.
>>
>>51663699
I love how this makes no sense but is probably true
>>
>>51654634
nothing, I don't give fuck about gender as long as somebody produces decent code. That being said. I work with few females. They're pretty good at what they're doing. But when I were at university some women didn't knew what they were doing there. Best things I've heard from girl who literally couldn't code, didn't understood basic concepts behind OOP and couldn't write simple algorithms said she'll be well paid engineer working at IBM. Couldn't hold my laughs. On the other hand I got friend (also a female) who was really good at programming (kind off autistic though) Been working together on few projects.
>>
>>51657238
Now I want one too.
>>
Women have amazingly high potential and I'm sure that most of them would be better than most men at basically every job. Unfortunately they can't concentrate on working because their mind is literally obliterated by one thought when they're young: 8=========D.
>>
>>51657132
Some frontend dev who applied for a job, got asked to fizzbuzz in the job interview, couldn't do it and then complained about it in a blog post
>>
All the female CE students I've met were very poor students, probably because they all had support groups of male students. Still I've met only a few.
>>
The best student of my course is a girl. Welp.
Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.