[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you using Opensuse Leap /g/? >the only stable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
Why aren't you using Opensuse Leap /g/?

>the only stable maintained Plasma 5 distro
>firefox includes Kdialog filepicker
>comfy one click install software from yast
>YaST2 GUI-driven configuration tool for less-experienced users,or those who want a more GUI-driven environment
>>
File: snapshot2.png (58 KB, 917x291) Image search: [Google]
snapshot2.png
58 KB, 917x291
I am.
>>
Suse is super stable as long as you don't use anything more than
zypper patch
or the software update from the dropdown arrow in the panel.
>>
It's just so fucking slow and bloated. It takes ~20 sec to boot, compared to 3 on my Arch/cinnamon install. It's like vista all over again.
I love yast, but fuck that.
>>
Also, btrfs/snapper is godly.
>>
>>51651385
i am
>>
>>51651726
seconded

like, fuck, i remember it as being regarded as the AMD distro for being sponsored by AMD but shit nigger, it lagged like a cunt on molasses on my FX 8350
>>
>>51651788
It lags because of your GPU, not your fucking CPU.
>>
>>51651806
well a 7990 wasnt shit back then.
but yeah blame catalyst
>>
>SuSE runs faster with llvmpipe than with Nvidia drivers

Nvidia why are you so fucking shitty.
>>
susefriends, please run
systemd-analyze plot > /home/user/plot.svg

Convert to png or jpg and post.

Thank you.
>>
>>51651883
>systemd
LITERAL CANCER
>>
>>51652118
your memeOS also uses it so why bother?
>>
>>51652118
Thanks for posting your valuable opinion.
>>
I ran it for a couple of months. (Well, 13.2 then Leap.) I really liked YaST and zypper, the latter being miles nicer than apt in pretty much every way imaginable. Bit slower, but it never gave me trouble.

The repos just pissed me off like they always do in rpm-based distros. Debian has its flaws, but I can get a Debian box up and running with all the packages I need in record time. With openSUSE I have to fart around with OBS to find half the shit I want, and some of it isn't even in there anyway.

>>51652118
This is just getting sad. Nobody is forcing you to use systemd (and where you think they are, you can always replace it so really they're not), and there's not /really/ anything wrong with it anyway.

>muh Unix philosophy
>muh minimalism
>muh text files
Get over yourself.
>>
File: sle.png (736 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
sle.png
736 KB, 1280x1024
>>51651385
>wanting Plasma 5
>not using SLED with that professional Gnome3 theme
>>
>>51653109
>gnome3
>professional
>>
>>51651385
>KDE
>>
One thing I got against SuSE is that it requires the absolute path for certain stuff, like when writing a script.

Best example is typing ifconfig, it tells you need /sbin/ifconfig or root.

For what purpose?
>>
>>51654150
/sbin isn't in your $PATH so either you write the full command or go with sudo
>>
>>51654117
>implying KDE isn't the best DE
>>
File: 2015-12-02.png (61 KB, 848x560) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-02.png
61 KB, 848x560
But I am OP

>>51653109
Oh, I love SLED's desktop setup. The GNOME 2 version was very similar to that. Very clean and no bullshit. I might actually use Linux on desktop if the free ones could look like that.
>>
Who tumbleweed here?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.