[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is this shit? Two users with pretty much the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: Capture.png (142 KB, 934x721) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
142 KB, 934x721
What the fuck is this shit?

Two users with pretty much the same name and 100 000 of seeders in total.

I-Is it a botnet?

>mfw i actually downloaded Penny and Sheldon from them
>it was a drm protected WMA
>couldn't play it with VLC or windblews media player
>mfw i dont know what happened to my computer
>>
Sounds like the RIAA to me.
>>
File: Capture.png (10 KB, 396x281) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10 KB, 396x281
>>51650737
Windows media player opens but nothing starts playing, fug
>>
Hahaha
Senpai..
>>
>>51651469
-san plz
>>
>>51650737
They just capture the IP addr with timestamp, etc etc.
Expect a lawsuit or assfucking soon.
>>
>>51650870
"Open With WIndowsMediaPlayer.txt" screams 0day.

You're fucked OP
>>
BAMBOZLE
>>
>>51650756
>>51651830
Thank god im not Amerikek
>>
>>51651834
kek, Anon is right

Either russian organized crime seeding with a botnet to spread a 0day or RIAA seeding with a seedbox to either 0day you or mass lawsuit fuck anybody who downloads
>>
Technically if its not video he dindu anything wrong ;)
>>
>>51650737
Are you connecting to the real piratebay instead of to scam? Legit domains are gd, se, la and vg
>>
> tfw on hardened gentoo
feels good man
>>
>>51652240
you right, rusky botnet confirmed
>>
Zimbabwe!
>>
>>51651834
What is 0day?
>>
>>51652004
whats 0day?
>>
>>51653521
0 day exploit
>>
>>51650737
>downloading 300mb encodes
Disgusting
>>
File: 1448748283361.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1448748283361.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
RIP anon, and don't forget to make a rant thread about ransomwares.
>>
>>51654280
>This video file uses (well, abuses) Windows Media Player's DRM functionalities which allows content providers to embed an URL in their protected content that will be displayed in a Windows Media Player window to allow the user acquire a license to play the content.
>In this case, the feature has been abused to display a fake WMP error about missing codecs (it's in reality a webpage, as the domain name in the top bar suggests, and if it was real the window would've been much smaller) to make you click a (fake) button that points to malware masquerading as codecs.
sauce: http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/106188/can-a-rogue-wmv-file-hijack-windows-media-player
>>
>>51654243
this

300M show torrents are both shittier quality, AND they're more popular/come out a little sooner, so they're more often a target
>>
>>51654326
>"I did what the file suggested, i.e. ran it in WMP, which indeed suggested that I download some codecs. I let it do it, typed the admin password because my account is a regular one, and then a few interesting things happened."
windows users, when will they learn?
>>
>>51653495
You have 0 days to figure out what 0day means. Also gtfo /g/ desu baka senpai
>>
I downloaded that shit as well, tried to play it in VLC and when it didnt work I just figured it was fake

Im on mac tho so Im safe

get fucked winfags
>>
File: HeuHarHa.jpg (53 KB, 565x485) Image search: [Google]
HeuHarHa.jpg
53 KB, 565x485
>>51650870
>>51650870
>>51650870
>>51650870
>>
>>51654425
That's not very nice
>>
>>51653495
from what i understand, it's a type of security attack that takes place before any kind of fix can be made, such as if a vulnerability is found and an attack is made before anyone else is even aware the vulnerability exists

the name describes how long one has to fix the issue (no time at all, an attack already exists)
>>
You mother fuckers give out worse advice that god damn Yahoo Answers.
>>
download from trusted accounts anon, those are the ones with the skulls if you are too dense to figure it out.
>>
>>51654525
Are you retarded?
See
>>51650870
>>51651834
>>51654326
>>
>>51650870
I guess the shitty virus didn't work because i got no message about missing codecs
>>
>>51650737
On the surface this doesn't seem malicious. It's just advertising for a new private(?) tracker, pic related. You can read the descriptions and it looks like they all link to there. However given that they're all the same filesizes they're probably shitty transcodes of scene releases, and therefore garbage.

It could be malicious, though. Given that they're DRM'd they could be trying to get people to sign up for their website in an elaborate phishing scam. Either way I wouldn't download this crap. Just get usenet if you want TV, or lrn2privatetrackers.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.